Discussion: The Supreme Court II

You understand that the Republican Party of today is becoming more and more openly white supremacist, right? The GOP has not been the party of civil rights since Nixon, or maybe Reagan.

Maybe Eisenhower.....

You understand that the Republican Party of today is becoming more and more openly white supremacist, right? The GOP has not been the party of civil rights since Nixon, or maybe Reagan.

lol, Nixon and Reagan were no friends of civil rights. Nixon started the "pandering to racists" so-called Southern Strategy.

It's Eisenhower, I can't think of Nixon, Ford, or Reagan doing anything remotely similar to Eisenhower sending in the 101st Airborne to enforce Brown v Board of Education.

Yeah. Pushing Civil Rights in 1957 was really the last gasp of that Republican party. Over 60 years ago. Reagan cut back on school lunch programs and allowed condiments to count as vegetables. I'll let you guess who mainly benefited from this program.

So you’re definitely a troll account
If that is your concern, then report the posts and let us mods deal with it. Do not engage with a potential troll. Otherwise, just debate like normal and keep ad hominem arguments out of it.

That's right I am how dare I have my own opinion and not agree with you. Silly me I forgot where I was.
It is definitely okay to have your own opinion. Just ask the regulars here, I am my own special snowflake and I let it show. :D

What you wrote is interesting. You said like the Republican party has been a similar entity during it's entire existence. That's just not the case. You also wrote you vote both ways. So I am curious. What do you vote Republican on, and what do you vote Democrat on? Do you think Republicans are strong on racial issues now? Do you think the Republicans now deserve credit for what Lincoln did 160 years ago? If so, why?

It is definitely okay to have your own opinion. Just ask the regulars here, I am my own special snowflake and I let it show. :D

But I what you wrote is interesting. You said like the Republican party has been a similar entity during it's entire existence. That's just not the case. You also wrote you vote both ways. So I am curious. What do you vote Republican on, and what do you vote Democrat on? Do you think Republicans are strong on racial issues now? Do you think the Republicans now deserve credit for what Lincoln did 160 years ago?
Honestly I don't think they are as strong as the could be on racial issues because I think there is a lot of room for improvements both parties could do. In all honesty I think both parties help us out when it suits them and when election time comes around. But that just might be my feelings. But as for to which issues I vote on I would prefer to keep that to myself. Because I do support some of the issues the Democrats want or believe in but the same goes for the Republican party as well. Which is why I say when I vote I vote usually based on my Christian beliefs. Some may not like that and some may not believe in God or Jesus but the way I vote and I won't apologize for that.

Honestly I don't think they are as strong as the could be on racial issues because I think there is a lot of room for improvements both parties could do. In all honesty I think both parties help us out when it suits them and when election time comes around. But that just might be my feelings. But as for to which issues I vote on I would prefer to keep that to myself. Because I do support some of the issues the Democrats want or believe in but the same goes for the Republican party as well. Which is why I say when I vote I vote usually based on my Christian beliefs. Some may not like that and some may not believe in God or Jesus but the way I vote and I won't apologize for that.
How do Republicans help out people of color, even during election time? I am one of those here who is not a fan of a Democratic party, but I do believe that there is an obvious and clear difference when it comes to how both major parties treat race. You simply need to look at the numbers when it comes to who votes for each party and the party's make up in Congress. This is before we get into the overt racism of Trump. Hate crimes have risen under Trump. He verbally attacks people of color and sets them up as targets for his supporters. Going back to Obama, he was setup as some sort of foreign agents because of his skin color. You say you have feelings on this, but what happen the reality of how both parties actually act and who they actually represent? Why did you bring up the Civil War?

That usually means supporting government restrictions on female body autonomy (Pro Life!) and limiting the rights of non heterosexual humans.

How do Republicans help out people of color, even during election time? I am one of those here who is not a fan of a Democratic party, but I do believe that there is an obvious and clear difference when it comes to how both major parties treat race. You simply need to look at the numbers when it comes to who votes for each party and the party's make up in Congress. This is before we get into the overt racism of Trump. Hate crimes have risen under Trump. He verbally attacks people of color and sets them up as targets for his supporters. Going back to Obama, he was setup as some sort of foreign agents because of his skin color. You say you have feelings on this, but what happen the reality of how both parties actually act and who they actually represent? Why did you bring up the Civil War?
That was in response to this statement.
Pretty sure their policies are helping minorities and the disadvantaged more than Republicans ever will.
IMO there is a way to make a statement like this without making it seem like they have never done anything for minorities.

IMO there is a way to make a statement like this without making it seem like they have never done anything for minorities.

Ever "Will" speaks to now and in the future. Ever "did" would elicit a response to the Civil War and slavery.

Darth's point remains. Today's republican party has done little (if anything) for any people of color and has instead demonized. What little has been done has generally been pushed by today's democratic party.

What has this Republican party, which depending on who you ask has been around since somewhere between the 50s and the 70s, done for minorites? . What about what happened in the 1860s, in a completely different party, have to do with that? They have done nothing for minorities. Whether it is based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. They literally rail against it. That's their party. I am watching Trump talk about the silent majority right now. Literally right now, as he complains about the 1619 project.

So with that knowledge, that multiple people in this thread have provided you with, what issue do you have with the original comment?

What has this Republican party, which depending on who you ask has been around since somewhere between the 50s and the 70s, done for minorites? . What about what happened in the 1860s, in a completely different party, have to do with that? They have done nothing for minorities. Whether it is based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. They literally rail against it. That's their party. I am watching Trump talk about the silent majority right now. Literally right now, as he complains about the 1619 project.

So with that knowledge, that multiple people in this thread have provided you with, what issue do you have with the original comment?
And while I may may not like the President's attitude or behavior I am not going to sit here and say that the Republican party will never do anything for us. As I have said before in recent years they have done little to nothing for us but the same I feel the other party is in the same boat (as far as recent years) even with Obama being elected.

And while I may may not like the President's attitude or behavior I am not going to sit here and say that the Republican party will never do anything for us. As I have said before in recent years they have done little to nothing for us but the same I feel the other party is in the same boat (as far as recent years) even with Obama being elected.

There's nothing wrong with being conservative. But those things that you believe in is not the GOP party anymore. Hasn't been since 2010. Trump was the final realization of them absorbing the Tea Party. And there is plenty to criticize the Democratic party in regards to race and racism. No doubt.

But the other side is itching to kill people of color.

There's nothing wrong with being conservative. But those things that you believe in is not the GOP party anymore. Hasn't been since 2010. Trump was the final realization of them absorbing the Tea Party. And there is plenty to criticize the Democratic party in regards to race and racism. No doubt.

And LGBT people.

And LGBT people.

The GOP doesn't respect life of any skin color, sexual orientation, or creed. Theyll kill and harm anyone if they think it will gain them votes or money. Just look at what they've done this year. 200,000+ dead from all racial, sexual, and economic backgrounds all done in the interest of appeasing their lunatic base voters and their lunatic orange deity.

He has heard all these arguments before.

It is impossible that he has not.

He has eyes and ears to see what is going on in the world right now.

I'm sorry but in my judgment a choice is being made. I don't know why that choice is being made. I don't know what could be more important to a person in light of the obvious corruption in light of the incompetence that has led to mass death in light of the obvious support for for not holding police accountable for their actions... but that's my only conclusion. Choices being made in my opinion to Value something over all of the facts and evidence available to us right now. Maybe that's transactional. Appointments to the federal court are an overriding concern. Overturning Roe v Wade or dismantling regulations on business. It may be something Ward deep and psychological. I'm sorry but people do invest their very identity with a lot of beliefs and things. Anything that undermined that is going to be rejected out of hand regardless of facts evidence or sober analysis.

She's great at making the "hard" decisions that don't matter and help her re-election. She's also REALLY good at furrowing her brow and caving in when the decisions do matter. Fher. I hope she gets her @$$ served up on a platter on 11/3.

Someone I was talking to said I was overreacting about my concern that LGBT people's rights being taken away with this new Supreme Court, and I said in no way was I overreacting, because this administration was already actively working to take away those rights and protections just over the past few years.

They said it was all fake news and ended the conversation, and fake news was uttered with a tone like they caught me making stuff up.

I'm just...floored. The work this administration was doing wasn't even hidden. You can look it all up right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"