Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Vaccines are abortion says Clarence "Alex Jones" Thomas

Congratulations and condolences as they say.

A perfect example of the faux progress this shirthole planet adores

"This just goes to show there's nothing a black woman can't achieve!

Unless she wants to have a legal abortion in any of the sixteen states that have decided that old white men get to control her body"

"Young Black girls can look at this and see an example of all that they can achieve. Provided they are very very very very very wealthy, accepted to the right schools, make the right connections, don't die in one of the millions of hate crimes that take place every year, don't get a criminal record because of the way that the countries justice system habitually frames them for crimes they didn't commit or overzealously penalises them for minor "crimes" white people get away with every single minute of every day and then provided someone retires or passes away so there's a job opening that they can fill. America! Truly the land of oppurtunity for approximately 00000000.0000001% of the population!

Last edited:
Activist judges. Force you to bring a baby into the world we are slowly killing but aren’t allowed to fix so they can get shot at school.

Activist judges. Force you to bring a baby into the world we are slowly killing but aren’t allowed to fix so they can get shot at school.

Because JAYSUHHHHHSSS said so

And Christians say he was the son of God

Controversial opinion maybe but the fact that Jesus got tortured and then murdered in the single most brutal way imaginable says three things to me

One: God doesn't exist and Jesus was just some batshirt insane nutcase who should have been locked up in the nitwit farm along with the people who think they're Elvis

Two: God does not give a fork about anyone because they couldn't be bothered to save the life of their own son

Three: God is evil and enjoyed watching their own son be tortured and murdered in the worst way possible

If we accept that God exists as a fact, the way that Republicans want us to, the only way to view the world is that God doesn't give a fork or that God is acctively malevolent and a force of evil

And so in the words of one of my heroes, James Patrick March: "I guess I'll just have to kill God then"

Given the make up of this Supreme Court, if the Democrats can’t hold Congress during the midterms and add at least a couple of senators, in a very democrat friendly Senate year, we’re in a lot of trouble. Voting rights is the biggie. I know some people may have a problem with that given the supreme court ruling on Roe v. Wade, but if voting rights go out the window, everything else goes with it.

Every legislature/governor (where term limits don't exist...at least until SCOTUS abolishes the concept of term limits) becomes a life-term dictatorship the moment they don't have to care about the results of votes anymore and SCOTUS could grant them that.

And this cesspool that calls itself the 'Republican party' would 100% embrace that and pushing for it right now in the courts and in the 2020 election.

Every legislature/governor (where term limits don't exist...at least until SCOTUS abolishes the concept of term limits) becomes a life-term dictatorship the moment they don't have to care about the results of votes anymore and SCOTUS could grant them that.

And this cesspool that calls itself the 'Republican party' would 100% embrace that and pushing for it right now in the courts and in the 2020 election.
This is exactly the case I was talking about in my previous post

Because JAYSUHHHHHSSS said so

And Christians say he was the son of God

Controversial opinion maybe but the fact that Jesus got tortured and then murdered in the single most brutal way imaginable says three things to me

One: God doesn't exist and Jesus was just some bat**** insane nutcase who should have been locked up in the nitwit farm along with the people who think they're Elvis

Two: God does not give a **** about anyone because they couldn't be bothered to save the life of their own son

Three: God is evil and enjoyed watching their own son be tortured and murdered in the worst way possible

If we accept that God exists as a fact, the way that Republicans want us to, the only way to view the world is that God doesn't give a **** or that God is acctively malevolent and a force of evil

And so in the words of one of my heroes, James Patrick March: "I guess I'll just have to kill God then"

One: Roman's didn't just reserve crucifixion for insane criminals. They used it on everything from thieves to rebels. Jesus was a rebel in Roman controlled Judea. He was upsetting the status quo, calling himself a prince, and stirring up the priests. Furthermore if you've read the Gospels you know Pilot did not want to crucify Jesus. He tried to let him go and the Jews demanded a murderer be let go instead. They wanted Jesus put to death, and standard death penalty was crucifixion.

Two: If god does exist and Jesus exists and Sin exists then God could not save his son. The whole point of Jesus is for God to carry the sin of the entire world, die for it, and absolve us of Original Sin so we can enter heaven.

Three: Nothing in the Bible gives the impression that God took pleasure from the His suffering on the cross.

Also, it's worth remembering that we have free will. He could wipe away evil but to do that he would have to remove our ability to choose to do evil. Which defeats the purpose. God made us capable of good, and we choose to act in opposition.

If you haven't, you should atleast read the Gospels. Jesus comes across as a decent and thoughtful human. The Beatitudes are the best glimpse into his philosophy. And while on the cross, he took the time to comfort a crucified thief. Christians have strayed far from His teachings.

Most of the New Testament is written by Paul and other disciples and are little more than letters and sermons written to Christians decades after Jesus died. All we really have of Jesus is supposed quotes. And some vague references in historical records.

Last edited:

The outcome of this could rig all future elections in the RepubliQans favor.

As I said before, there's no point in even holding an election and even having the concept of 'voters' at all if the legislature just decides on whoever it wants anyway. It's farcical and contradictory.

See also: Chiafalo v. Washington - Wikipedia (2020)

They'd have to ignore their own case from just 2 years ago too. Which happens if there's now a different preferred outcome.

Its not wrong that in our nations past Americans had less power to decide who runs and who is elected. People voted in the general election for the candidates they were given by the parties in the legislature.

As for the electors, I'd go so far as to argue that they shouldn't vote the same as the people in all elections. Electors should be highly educated and informed. Kept separate from parties and lobyists and have severe ethics rules. They should be a check against the ignorance of the average voter, and should reject bad candidates The electors should have rejected Trump and anyone like him.

If they aren't going to be a check and are just going to vote like the people everytime then they are useless.

It’s so crucial that people vote this November. Folks who sat out 2016 should still be ashamed of themselves— they let their pride and snobbery inflict Trump on the world.

Now there’s a 6-3 conservative activist majority for years, even decades, to come. They proceeded to eviscerate Roe, overrule the EPA and eliminated the Miranda law. All because Bernouts and voters listening to Russia disinformation didn’t vote for Hillary.

I am glad Kentanji Brown Jackson was sworn in yesterday, a bit of good news amid the awful decisions being handed down.

It’s so crucial that people vote this November. Folks who sat out 2016 should still be ashamed of themselves— they let their pride and snobbery inflict Trump on the world.

Now there’s a 6-3 conservative activist majority for years, even decades, to come. They proceeded to eviscerate Roe, overrule the EPA and eliminated the Miranda law. All because Bernouts and voters listening to Russia disinformation didn’t vote for Hillary.

I am glad Kentanji Brown Jackson was sworn in yesterday, a bit of good news amid the awful decisions being handed down.
So what you're saying is Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer should coalesce Dems to expand the courts or codify Roe v. Wade? Well if you say so.

It’s not really good news. It’s status quo. This country is lost for at least a generation and by the time we even have a chance to retake the courts, the world will be uninhabitable for a lot of people due to climate change.

Worst court of my four decade life and rivals other bad courts like historians have placed Taney and Fuller. Depending on how broad or narrow that state legislature case goes can unquestionable make it the worst SCOTUS of all time history.

It’s not really good news. It’s status quo. This country is lost for at least a generation and by the time we even have a chance to retake the courts, the world will be uninhabitable for a lot of people due to climate change.
I don’t know if that’s true. Two more senators and I think we could’ve made a substantial dent in climate change. Not the change that’s really needed but still a dent. It was a missed opportunity for sure I’m not sure we’ll get another bite at that Apple

I don’t know if that’s true. Two more senators and I think we could’ve made a substantial dent in climate change. Not the change that’s really needed but still a dent. It was a missed opportunity for sure I’m not sure we’ll get another bite at that Apple
If the man wants to build a phallic rocket to the moon than invest in helping build green energy, then so be it. This is a 'Murica! :o

I'm bumping up my Civil War 2 timeline again.

I mean, once the new fugitive slave acts go into effect, things are going to get ugly.
It's obvious at this point that Red States are planning to create outlandish laws that violate human rights, so Dems will contest them all the way to SCOTUS which will then create precedent for them to rule against them while also opening the door to overturn past rulings like what happened with Roe.

Once we can fix the SCOTUS or at least get Congress to get its shirt straight and eneact laws they can't override then we can undo some of the damage.

Although damage like this should never have happened and the Democrats should never have sat on their hands for so long about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"