🇺🇲 Discussion: The Supreme Court II

US News
Yeah, that tracks if you had read any of his opinions. How he can be allowed to author any opinion is beyond me.

Looking at the bright side, I really respect Justice Roberts’ comments in this recording. He is an example of what you want in a Supreme Court Justice. People may not always like how he rules, heck he may not always like where he ends up in his rulings, but he respects the law and rules in accordance with his understanding of the legal arguments before him.

Most people don’t understand his statements that the Supreme Court’s job is not to decide morality, but to decide the law.

The supreme court is supposed to rule by law not personal beliefs, and comments made recently by the chief justice concerns me that they are bias and dont rule by the law, his religious views have no place in the law, our founding fathers were very clear the seperation of church and state, partically now that we are a country of may religions, all having different views, what seems lost not just from our politicians but general public is what our founding fathers framed the constitution to be, i am very much anti religion in politics, it has no place and has shown through out history of mankind to be a some of the darkest times in our history and i believe that was in the minds as they framed the constitution.

Looking at the bright side, I really respect Justice Roberts’ comments in this recording. He is an example of what you want in a Supreme Court Justice. People may not always like how he rules, heck he may not always like where he ends up in his rulings, but he respects the law and rules in accordance with his understanding of the legal arguments before him.

Most people don’t understand his statements that the Supreme Court’s job is not to decide morality, but to decide the law.
Yeah I had no problem with Robert's opinion, but Alito? The court isn't in charge of making sure the whole country abides by Christian rules.

They rejected it on standing not the merits so the issue could come back into the court in the future.

Yeah, I side-eye some of the reasoning on standing. They really want to stop organizations from challenging laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"