Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Weird, from what I have been hearing, Dr. Blasey's account and what she remembers is 100% lines up with trauma. Not every detail gets burned into the memory. And I don't think any psychologist says that. The details around the actual event are vividly recalled.

After 30 years I probably wouldnt remember every party I was at. My heavy drinking days (only 6 -10 years ago) blend together into a handful of highlight moments. The rest is a forgotten blur. But if I'd been raped at a party I sure as **** would remember that party and the details even after 30 years.

Theres also the very real possibility that that person is denying being at the party because they are trying to avoid getting tangled up in this mess.

So that person denying being at that party doesnt mean much. It definitely doesnt hurt Ford's credibility.

Yeah, this is such a misleading story. If someone held a gun to my head and asked me to recall a gathering at someone’s house when I was 15 with a friend of mine and some random person I didn’t know where literally nothing special happened from my perspective I’d probably not be able to recall either. bad place, there are pictures of me with other people where I clearly remember going but have absolutely no recollection who 2 or 3 people are in the photo despite it being very clear I was probably conversing with them in said photo. People claiming this hurts Ford’s story either have an amazing photographic memory or they have no clue how the human brain works.

The hilarious thing is, given how many times Kavanaugh said he "didn't recall" in his hearings, that he is definitely sure that he wasn't at that party is... dubious.

It is amazing how some people talk about this. Talk about showing your true colors and how much you actually care about such things. Shows how little so many have grown since Anita Hill.

If even Fox News polls say they are against him you know he's really unfavorable.

So, Kavanaugh says he has multiple calendars from 1982 that shows he was not at the party.

Call me suspicious why someone would keep multiple calendars from the same year from 35 years ago.

Avenatti is involved now. Wonderful. His blowhard style works for going against Trump, not so much for a SCOTUS nominee.

Oh, there's the Ronan Farrow story. Man, one day, his list of men he has taken down is going to be a thing of beauty.

So, Kavanaugh says he has multiple calendars from 1982 that shows he was not at the party.

Call me suspicious why someone would keep multiple calendars from the same year from 35 years ago.

Yes because no one has everrrr not wrote down their plans on a calendar. This is a really desperate defense. Theres no way he can prove that he didnt just forget to write the party on his calendar or that he didnt deliberately leave the event off his calendar.

Yes because no one has everrrr not wrote down their plans on a calendar. This is a really desperate defense. Theres no way he can prove that he didnt just forget to write the party on his calendar or that he didnt deliberately leave the event off his calendar.

I have seen talk about it being a family calendar, so no duh the "blackout out drunk party" isn't on it.

The college allegations are really going to build up. Apparently, the GOP knew about them, and was a reason why Kavanaugh got angry when they asked questions over it in prep. I don't see how this makes it to Thur.

In our society if a person knows a murder or crime is committed and doesnt it report it to law enforcement that can be a criminal offense in itself. Maybe it should be the same for sexual assault. If the GOP party knew that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted people and didnt report it to law enforcement then the party and its members that knew but didn't report it should be arrested and charged with failure to report a crime. Trying to cover up sexual assault should be a criminal offense.

Spokesman for GOP on Kavanaugh nomination resigns; has been accused of harassment in the past

WASHINGTON — A press adviser helping lead the Senate Judiciary Committee’s response to a sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has stepped down amid evidence he was fired from a previous political job in part because of a sexual harassment allegation against him.

Garrett Ventry, 29, who served as a communications aide to the committee chaired by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, had been helping coordinate the majority party's messaging in the wake of Christine Blasey Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her 36 years ago at a high school party. In a response to NBC News, Ventry denied any past "allegations of misconduct."

After NBC News raised questions about Ventry's employment history and the sexual harassment allegation against him, Judiciary Committee Spokesman Taylor Foy replied in a statement: "While (Ventry) strongly denies allegations of wrongdoing, he decided to resign to avoid causing any distraction from the work of the committee."

Ventry also resigned Saturday from the public relations company where he had been on a temporary leave of absence to work for the Judiciary Committee, a company spokesman told NBC News.

Republicans familiar with the situation had been concerned that Ventry, because of his history, could not lead an effective communications response.

Ventry worked as a social media adviser in 2017 in the office of North Carolina House Majority Leader John Bell, who fired Ventry after several months.

“Mr. Ventry did work in my office and he’s no longer there, he moved on,” Bell told NBC News. He refused to discuss the precise nature of the firing.

Ventry did not answer questions about the circumstances of his departure but said, "I deny allegations of misconduct." He also forwarded a letter of resignation he said he sent to Bell, giving two weeks notice. "Thank you for the opportunity to serve on the staff of the North Carolina House Majority leader at the North Carolina General Assembly," it read.

Sources familiar with the situation said Ventry was let go from Bell’s office after parts of his résumé were found to have been embellished, and because he faced an accusation of sexual harassment from a female employee of the North Carolina General Assembly's Republican staff.

Ventry’s termination was described to NBC News as unusually swift for an office with little overall turnover.

“It caused a lot of staff drama. It was the chatter of the staff," the source told NBC News. "The whole thing got turned into a he said, she said, and then Garrett was fired.”

NBC News has attempted to contact the woman whom Ventry allegedly harassed, but she has not replied.

I think men in general place more emphasis on sex but this idea that not all men can keep it in their pants so it’s no big deal is ridiculous.

I've had my fair share of troubles but I can honestly say that I've never tried to forcefully remove a woman's clothes without her consent. Not all men do that. That's not a "boys will be boys" behavior. And if it was that... then at least say so. This absolute denial that Kavanaugh has done gives him 0 degrees of wiggle room. He can't come back later and say, "oh I thought that was consensual."

Meanwhile, the people with this kind of behavior do tend to repeat it, and low and behold... there are more allegations. This is the first time that I've really questioned whether his nomination will actually go through. It seems like he could be a political anchor for Republicans, and eventually, they might just have to cut the guy loose.

Dn0mJm8WsAAX2kI

Last edited:
Youd think by now these men would know that if they did sexually assault someone denying it and especially fighting back wont help their situation. It just encourages people to dig into the accused person's past even more thoroughly. It makes social media and journalists even more tenacious in their search for the truth. Kavanaugh should have removed himself from the nomination and gone on a vacation to somewhere private while his lawyer worked on a defense and the GOP distracted the public with a new nomination.

I've had my fair share of troubles but I can honestly say that I've never tried to forcefully remove a woman's clothes without her consent. Not all men do that. That's not a "boys will be boys" behavior. And if it was that... then at least say so. This absolute denial that Kavanaugh has done gives him 0 degrees of wiggle room. He can't come back later and say, "oh I thought that was consensual."

Meanwhile, the people with this kind of behavior do tend to repeat it, and low and behold... there are more allegations. This is the first time that I've really questioned whether his nomination will actually go through. It seems like he could be a political anchor for Republicans, and eventually, they might just have to cut the guy loose.

Except from the extremely privileged world Kavanaugh comes from, and the time, yes, it was considered boys will be boys. And thats the big problem. And based on that letter in support of Ford, the culture hasn't changed too much since Kavanaugh was a kid.

And that said, it does strongly suggest his time clerking for Kozinski is another time bomb waiting to go off.

Avanatti's questions are insane! If he has anything concrete on what he's suggesting......whoa!!!

I mean, Mark Judge apparently confessed to a gang rape to a girlfriend, one time. Mark Judge absolutely will never see the inside of a congressional hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"