Discussion: The Supreme Court II

I can't imagine how men have gotten away with such behavior for so long.

What behavior? At worst he and his friends had consensual sex with her.

This same woman just recently endorsed him and defended his character.

Yeah, woman can be just as shirtty.

A 77 year old woman, a Sandy Rios, told the WaPo that Dr. Blasey's accusation undermined real sexual abuse. What happened to her was teenage antics.

Which is frankly far, far too common among the circles Kavanaugh was in in his formative years.

You have not read Dr. Blasey's account, have you? That is straight up attempted rape.

When you treat and talk about women in this manner, it is no wonder he attempted to rape a girl and then stuck his penis in another's face without her consent.

Did you actually read the article? It's sure sounding like you didn't.

- Kavanaugh and his buddies bragged about having sex with the same girl.
- That girl, now a woman, just recently endorsed a letter defending Kavanaugh's character.

What part of that is incorrect?

When you treat and talk about women in this manner, it is no wonder he attempted to rape a girl and then stuck his penis in another's face without her consent.

Let's slow down a bit. Lots of guys brag about having sex. Especially with their friends. It doesnt mean they are degenerates capable of rape. Me and my friends all knew who each of us had sex with. Some of us had sex with the same women. Sometimes we bragged, sometimes we gave each other shirt about it. It's not classy. But neither isnt criminal or something that points to a propensity for rape.

- Kavanaugh and his buddies bragged about having sex with the same girl.
- That girl, now a woman, just recently endorsed a letter defending Kavanaugh's character.

What part of that is incorrect?
That she's disgusted by the comments he and his friends made in the yearbook? And that his claims aren't true?

And you didn't read the article. Or did you miss her reaction to finding out that was in the yearbook? Or do you want to ignore that?

What was she supposed to say... "Yea I had sex with a lot of guys in high school?"

I take it you also believe she just found about this?

Let's slow down a bit. Lots of guys brag about having sex. Especially with their friends. It doesnt mean they are degenerates capable of rape. Me and my friends all knew who each of us had sex with. Some of us had sex with the same women. Sometimes we bragged, sometimes we gave each other **** about it. It's not classy. But neither isnt criminal or something that points to a propensity for rape.
Yes, treating women as notches on one's belt and not human beings is the opposite of how we got to this point. The devaluing of women to the point where everything is "locker room" talk has nothing to do with how so many with a straight face are attempt to discount Ford's story as her "misremembering" or that "boys will be boys" or you "can't judge someone for what they did as a teen". I can't see how one could see the connection between this general outlook on women could ever result in a male thinking if he wants sex from a woman, he can take it.

What was she supposed to say... "Yea I had sex with a lot of guys in high school?"

I take it you also believe she just found about this?
I take it you realize she didn't go to high school with him right?

Yes, treating women as notches on one's belt and not human beings is the opposite of how we got to this point. The devaluing of women to the point where everything is "locker room" talk has nothing to do with how so many with a straight face are attempt to discount Ford's story as her "misremembering" or that "boys will be boys" or you "can't judge someone for what they did as a teen". I can't see how one could see the connection between this general outlook on women could ever result in a male thinking if he wants sex from a woman, he can take it.

You've never had a one night stand?

Just the word of multiple dudes saying so in their yearbook.

Which is more evidence than Ford has.
One who has been accused of sexual assault. Oh and remember, according to Kavanaugh, he as a virgin.

You're right, in high school girls only have sex with guys that go to the same school.

How silly of me.
Oh no. What I meant is you just assumed she knew about the yearbook. She didn't go to the same school, why would she know?

You can't lump every guy that's ever bragged about sex in with the guys that went too far and genuinely do consider women little more than a hole for a penis. And you can't blame every guy that's ever bragged about hookups for the actions of men who raped someone.

And you're assuming a person needs to consider all women notches or holes for penises before they can brag about hookups. Which isnt true at all.

Also you may want to remember that it's not just guys that brag about sex and tell their friends about who they've had sex with. Women do too.

Oh no. What I meant is you just assumed she knew about the yearbook. She didn't go to the same school, why would she know?

You're right she may not have known. I'd bet that she did but hey I could be wrong. Sure.

Doesn't change the fact that she endorsed him in that letter and defended his character. Whatever happened between them when they were 17 has no relevance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"