Discussion: The Supreme Court II

An accused rapist hires an all-women clerk team? Hmmm...

Well, he'd be called sexist if he hired all men. If he hired only one woman, he'd still be called sexist but also be accused of hiring her as a token. Two men and two women would be considered "fake," as a 50/50 split would be considered him trying to falsely deflect attention from his sexism by forcing a balance. Three women and one man? He'd be accused of wanting to hire all women and that the man was a token hire to deflect attention from it.

Like I said, "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't." :funny:

Reactions: CJ
Well, he'd be called sexist if he hired all men. If he hired only one woman, he'd still be called sexist but also be accused of hiring her as a token. Two men and two women would be considered "fake," as a 50/50 split would be considered him trying to falsely deflect attention from his sexism by forcing a balance. Three women and one man? He'd be accused of wanting to hire all women and that the man was a token hire to deflect attention from it.

Like I said, "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't." :funny:
True. I think an all women team was a little too on the nose though.

What do you expect him to do? You've have preferred mostly dudes?

That wouldn't have attracted ire either, naaah.

Kavanaugh having an all-women clerk team isn't bad in itself but wanting good-looking and model-esque women?

That's icky. And a bit of a red flag IMO.

Kavanaugh having an all-women clerk team isn't bad in itself but wanting good-looking and model-esque women?

He's trying to butter up his image

"Dat's sexistz. Lulz." 'Cause there's never been a lawyer who happened to be good looking. Disqualifier. Let's not do this you've-gotta-be-a-Barbie-doll-model schtick. If they've got the legal degree and the same experience as other clerks, go for it.

That's not my point. I wasn't commenting on the clerks' qualifications, merely commenting on the optics of it.

It's not going to make Kavanaugh critics (like me) warm up to him.

You wouldn't have anyway. He's not trying to do that, it's just covering bases so he doesn't get the inevitable "he didn't even choose ze wimminz!" additional "raaah rabble rabble rabble!"

Let's be honest: nobody who doesn't think the guy should be on the court at this point is ever "warming up" to him. He's a Thomas repeat.

He also abjectly lied that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent". Not being able to corroborate charges is not the same as being proven innocent, basically it just means nothing was proven one way or another.

A Teacher's "Kill Kavanaugh" Tweet Gets Her Placed on Leave

Washington Post link

"So, who's gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?" was what the now-deleted tweet from @lookitsSammmy said. They're not releasing her actual name.

He also abjectly lied that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent". Not being able to corroborate charges is not the same as being proven innocent, basically it just means nothing was proven one way or another.

We all know that the Catholic priests who molested thousands of kids are innocent because most of them were never charged or convicted.:o

This crap about the criminal justice system having to prove allegations in order for someone to be guilty is the reason why rape and molestation gets swept under the rug.

As usual, Trump gets it backwards and apologizes to the wrong person.

Wouldnt apologizing to her be seen or twisted by Most as a sign of guilt? Based on the whole situation he has nothing to apologize for because nothing backed up her allegations. Lets say trump did apologize to her but later it came out she lied then he would look even worse.

Its a bad situation as a whole but if my friend was innocent in something like this the last thing I would do is apologize to his accuser especially when they have presented nothing to back it up.

He didn't need to politicize the swearing-in to begin with. When Clarence Thomas was sworn in, neither Bush nor Thomas said a word about the accusations.

He didn't need to politicize the swearing-in to begin with. When Clarence Thomas was sworn in, neither Bush nor Thomas said a word about the accusations.

Unfortunately thats how this administrations does things.

Wouldnt apologizing to her be seen or twisted by Most as a sign of guilt? Based on the whole situation he has nothing to apologize for because nothing backed up her allegations. Lets say trump did apologize to her but later it came out she lied then he would look even worse.

Its a bad situation as a whole but if my friend was innocent in something like this the last thing I would do is apologize to his accuser especially when they have presented nothing to back it up.
Except you know that bit when she talked about the allegations years ago, and somehow knew who he was hanging out with that summer, without his calenders. Or the fact that he lied repeatedly about his drinking.

Find me one law that states what a man can or can't do with his body?

I propose a law that, unless consented to by the partner, every man MUST wear a condom during sexual intercourse. Failure to do so will result in fines and/or prison time and the man will be legally obligated to pay for any medical costs resulting from disease or pregnancy, as well as child support or abortion costs. It is also a requirement that the man pay for and supply his own condoms.

Of course, this protects men too because then they don't have to stupidly believe anyone when they say they're on the pill or disease free. It's a win win.

A Teacher's "Kill Kavanaugh" Tweet Gets Her Placed on Leave

Washington Post link

"So, who's gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?" was what the now-deleted tweet from @lookitsSammmy said. They're not releasing her actual name.

That one with the professor a week or so back was worse, given no action was taken on her and she's previously been documented threatening other professors.

Just what it is now, man, these people see this as war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"