Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Well we're good and properly ****ed. Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer and its quick too. Shes not going to make it until January 2021. I doubt she'll even make it until next summer.

Well we're good and properly ****ed. Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer and its quick too. Shes not going to make it until January 2021. I doubt she'll even make it until next summer.

Easy there. Yeah, pancreatic cancer is the really bad but they she's beaten this one too. The doctors didn't find any evidence of cancer after her treatment. The news was good.

And one turtle.
UVwaly3.jpg

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is THE voting issue for 2020. Vote against Trump to save RGB's legacy. Now that's a rally that I can get behind. If we allow Donald Trump to fill her seat... then we deserve whatever is coming to us.

Easy there. Yeah, pancreatic cancer is the really bad but they she's beaten this one too. The doctors didn't find any evidence of cancer after her treatment. The news was good.

I'd expect them to say that. They arent going to tell the public that the 86 year old Justice that our hopes are riding on is terminal. Not with the way the GOP and MAGAts are behaving.

I've seen 3 people die from pancreatic cancer. A friends father, and two relatives. None of them lasted a year after discovery. That's anecdotal, but what isnt anecdotal is it has an 80% kill rate, and spreads quickly from the pancreas to other body systems because the pancreas has direct access to the bloodstream.

I'd expect them to say that. They arent going to tell the public that the 86 year old Justice that our hopes are riding on is terminal. Not with the way the GOP and MAGAts are behaving.

I've seen 3 people die from pancreatic cancer. A friends father, and two relatives. None of them lasted a year after discovery. That's anecdotal, but what isnt anecdotal is it has an 80% kill rate, and spreads quickly from the pancreas to other body systems because the pancreas has direct access to the bloodstream.
My aunt died of it. :(

And again Fox News is wishing RBG dead again.

Last edited:

As I understand it, one of the things that makes pancreatic cancer so lethal is that the first stage of it basically comes with no symptoms, so it's almost always detected late. But RBG seems quite on the ball. And did they say it was cancerous or were they just tumors? Is it possible that the tumors were benign?

If RBG passes away.. or is about to pass away before Trump leaves office, then it's defcon 9.... all hands on deck. There are very very few things I'd be willing to stop everything for, go to Washington, and protest... or whatever. I hope the DNC is equally serious. There should really be a rapid response plan in place.

Mitch McConnell has already said that he'll fill the seat even if it's in an election year. If that happens, we need to push that moment as an election opportunity. Maybe they get the Supreme Court... but I'll be darned if we don't get everything else. Make packing the courts a voting issue. I can think of nothing that would fire up liberals more than protecting RBG's legacy. I mean... that's how I feel, and I imagine others feel the same.

McConnell: GOP would 'absolutely' fill Supreme Court seat next year

Asked during an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt if Republicans would support filing a vacancy on the Supreme Court in 2019 or 2020, McConnell said "absolutely."

McConnell has earned fierce pushback for blocking Merrick Garland, former President Obama's final Supreme Court nominee, from getting a hearing or a vote. But he's said that Republicans would fill a vacancy ahead of the 2020 presidential election. He has argued that there was a divided government in 2016, but there would not be in 2019 or 2020 because Republicans control both the Senate and White House.

"You have to go back to 1880 to find the last time, back to 1880s to find the last time a Senate of a different party from the president filled a Supreme Court vacancy created in the middle of a presidential election. That was entirely the precedent," McConnell said on Tuesday about his decision to block Garland.

"There was nothing I did that was, would not have been done had the shoe been on the other foot had there been a ... Republican president and a Democratic Senate. So look, they can whine about this all day long. But under the Constitution, there is co-responsibility for appointments," McConnell added.

Whatever Moscow Mitch. Just admit it was a power grab plain and simple. You're not fooling anyone.

New York Times - Brett Kavanaugh Fit In With the Privileged Kids. She Did Not.

Ms. Ramirez’s story would seem far less damaging to Mr. Kavanaugh’s reputation than those of Dr. Ford, who claimed that he pinned her to a bed, groped her and tried to remove her clothes while covering her mouth.

But while we found Dr. Ford’s allegations credible during a 10-month investigation, Ms. Ramirez’s story could be more fully corroborated. During his Senate testimony, Mr. Kavanaugh said that if the incident Ms. Ramirez described had occurred, it would have been “the talk of campus.” Our reporting suggests that it was.

At least seven people, including Ms. Ramirez’s mother, heard about the Yale incident long before Mr. Kavanaugh was a federal judge. Two of those people were classmates who learned of it just days after the party occurred, suggesting that it was discussed among students at the time.
We also uncovered a previously unreported story about Mr. Kavanaugh in his freshman year that echoes Ms. Ramirez’s allegation. A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his ***** into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier, who runs a nonprofit organization in Washington, notified senators and the F.B.I. about this account, but the F.B.I. did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly. (We corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with Mr. Stier.)
Ms. Ramirez’s legal team gave the F.B.I. a list of at least 25 individuals who may have had corroborating evidence. But the bureau — in its supplemental background investigation — interviewed none of them, though we learned many of these potential witnesses tried in vain to reach the F.B.I. on their own.

Two F.B.I. agents interviewed Ms. Ramirez, telling her that they found her “credible.” But the Republican-controlled Senate had imposed strict limits on the investigation. “‘We have to wait to get authorization to do anything else,’” Bill Pittard, one of Ms. Ramirez’s lawyers, recalled the agents saying. “It was almost a little apologetic.”

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat of Rhode Island and member of the Judiciary Committee, later said, “I would view the Ramirez allegations as not having been even remotely investigated.” Other Democrats agreed.

Ultimately, Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa and chairman of the Judiciary Committee, concluded, “There is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez.” Mr. Kavanaugh was confirmed on Oct. 6, 2018, by a vote of 50-48, the closest vote for a Supreme Court justice in more than 130 years.

If Kavanaugh thinks he is safe he is wrong. He can still be indicted, and hopefully the next Democrat president will make sure it happens.

Yeah, Barr just gave a prestigeous award to the team that did his background check.

They had to be good to avoid finding anything implicating what Kavanaugh probably did.

The only way Republicans know to win is to rig the game. The court was due for a shift to the left, and Garland should have been nominated and confirmed. Everyone knows this, regardless of what Moscow Mitch wants us to believe.

I think a lot of people would be sleeping better if the Supreme Court wasn’t such a **** show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"