Discussion: The Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Normy, it there was a Canidate that embodied Fiscal Conservativism, Social Libertarianism, and Foreign Policy of *gasp* Ronal Reagan, and carried the FairTax Banner........ I would be in love with that person. :heart:

So we need a mix of Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee and John McCain wrapped up in sex appeal of Mitt Romney.

Sure, but what would John McCain be doing there? Someone to "Make Bridges" with the other party? Cause he was only a "Maverick", nothing more.

He would have continued the Bush Doctorine with regards to Foreign Policy.

True. I could of gone for a better foreign relations mind, but that would of compromised my picture for a Superpowered Republican Candidate made from the scraps of 2008.

So long as their no oration from Guiliani in this candidate. I don't wont to hear anymore about Chine-er.

I agree Normy, it there was a Canidate that embodied Fiscal Conservativism, Social Libertarianism, and Foreign Policy of *gasp* Ronal Reagan, and carried the FairTax Banner........ I would be in love with that person. :heart:

WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE.....not being able to spell RONALD REAGAN'S name........:angry::nono:

well I just watched some of Glen Beck's "important show" about linking Obama to Stalin, Musssulini and Hitler. He says progressivism betrayed our founding fathers and we have been backsliding into tyranny or fascism since Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. Albeit, FDR and Obama are clearly the worst culprits in Beck's crazed eyes. He is now ending it with some nutjob actor dressed as thomas Payne demanding we rise up and revolt against the tyrannical government....at Beck's tea party.

This guy is bat ****ing crazy. :wow:

I think he is just speaking for a good number of Americans, and he has every right to do so, as do they in their rallies.

well I just watched some of Glen Beck's "important show" about linking Obama to Stalin, Musssulini and Hitler. He says progressivism betrayed our founding fathers and we have been backsliding into tyranny or fascism since Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. Albeit, FDR and Obama are clearly the worst culprits in Beck's crazed eyes. He is now ending it with some nutjob actor dressed as thomas Payne demanding we rise up and revolt against the tyrannical government....at Beck's tea party.

This guy is bat ****ing crazy. :wow:

There seems to be a growing number of those lately. :oldrazz:

There is a building libertarian movement in this country, all it takes is a group of intelligent political minds to capture it and ride it to success. These Tea Parties, while wasted potential right now, have the ability to be more.

A Ron Paul with a foreign policy that can't be summed up as Isolationist could have a lot of success nationally, me thinks.
This is their chance to take over the Republican party IMO.

This is their chance to take over the Republican party IMO.

Hopefully. I have a feeling that the Republicans are going the way of the Whigs.

Am I the only person who thinks these "tea parties" bastardize the actual Boston Tea Party?

Hopefully. I have a feeling that the Republicans are going the way of the Whigs.

Am I the only person who thinks these "tea parties" bastardize the actual Boston Tea Party?

No, I think they show that the people of the United States can stand up for what they believe in, and do it in a manner that is not one of violence or vandalism. I think it shows our freedom of speech in a special way....I think it shows exactly what the Boston Tea Party was all about....Taxation without Representation....when our represenatives are not given the time to read, debate and given legitimate committee time to bring forth legislation that has been sufficiently given time for ALL REPRESENATIVES to represent their constituents.....then yeah that is taxation without proper representation.

I think it fits perfectly, IMO.

No, I think they show that the people of the United States can stand up for what they believe in, and do it in a manner that is not one of violence or vandalism. I think it shows our freedom of speech in a special way....I think it shows exactly what the Boston Tea Party was all about....Taxation without Representation....when our represenatives are not given the time to read, debate and given legitimate committee time to bring forth legislation that has been sufficiently given time for ALL REPRESENATIVES to represent their constituents.....then yeah that is taxation without proper representation.

I think it fits perfectly, IMO.
After the middle class got the biggest tax cut in history? :hehe:

I was watching a show with my family and a guy was wearing a t-shirt that had a teabag on it and my mom said "Oh, you think he supports the tea parties?".

I said, "A teabag has several meanings."

Then she asked, "Like what?"

I speedily replied, "I'd rather not say but it's bad."

On a serious note though, I hope these tea parties are promoting the Fair Tax and not just a bunch of people complaining.

"teabagging" is slang for a sexual act. To all you conservatives: NEVER say you wanna tea bag Obama.

Nothing like ball humor to help your credibility as a journalist :up:

Nothing like ball humor to help your credibility as a journalist :up:
Maddow does joke from time to time but she is incredibly good journalist IMO. The teabagging protest isn't really something the left takes seriously that's why she can do that with the subject. The Republicans just set themselves up so easily with jokes with this event.

Maddow does joke from time to time but she is incredibly good journalist IMO. The teabagging protest isn't really something the left takes seriously that's why she can do that with the subject.

It also helps that she is on a network no one takes seriously.

The Republicans just set themselves up so easily with jokes with this event.
So did the founding fathers :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's fine that you say that TM, but really is there proof of that? So what you are saying is the majority (a large majority) of the people watching these news channels have no idea what credibility is?

Now, if credible means agrees with me on the majority of subjects, well then, IMO, no news channel is credible.

That's fine that you say that TM, but really is there proof of that? So what you are saying is the majority (a large majority) of the people watching these news channels have no idea what credibility is?

Now, if credible means agrees with me on the majority of subjects, well then, IMO, no news channel is credible.

What proof does StorminNormin have that noone takes MSNBC seriously? Maybe he doesn't, but I don't take Fox News seriously. MSNBC have actually surpassed CNN in the ratings (still behind Fox), so obviously someone is taking them seriously. They are both giving their opinions.

I personally think MSNBC has more credibility than Fox News. So do a lot of people. Neither have a ton of credibility, but MSNBC, as biased as they are, I'd still argue they are a more credible news source than Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"