Discussion: The War On Drugs, Legalization of Marijuana, The Opioid Crisis, and Other Drug Issues

Plus Republicans seem to view marijuana as something that non-whites and poor people use so they don't care if people are unhappy. Rich white Republicans prefer cocaine, prescription painkillers and alcohol.

Whites use cannabis just as much as blacks but blacks are arrested more often for it.

The voters decided that they want cannabis taxed and regulated and the experiment was working fine until orange Mussolini and confederate Gollum gave the billion dollar industry back to the cartels and gangs.

Transgenders using bathrooms? It's up the states to decide!

Abortion? It's up to the states to decide!

Health care for all? It's up to the states to decide!

Legalizing recreational marijuana use? Federal law says you go to jail.

Honestly, this is primarily on Sessions. He has a hate on for weed.

Honestly, this is primarily on Sessions. He has a hate on for weed.

Trump only picks yes men and everyone knew Sessions' position on cannabis way before he was picked for AG.

The fool went on record saying "Good people don't smoke marijuana".

Trump wouldn't know who to pick. Pretty much all his picks come from someone else.

Trump only picks yes men and everyone knew Sessions' position on cannabis way before he was picked for AG.

The fool went on record saying "Good people don't smoke marijuana".

Good people aren't racists.

Trump wouldn't know who to pick. Pretty much all his picks come from someone else.

I'm guessing a crackdown on the cannabis industry was never a dealbreaker for Trump.

A crackdown is what police unions, churches, private prisons, Big Pharma and Big Alcohol wanted. All of whom is part of his base.

Plus these are mostly blue states that will feel the crackdown.

Last edited:
Plus Republicans seem to view marijuana as something that non-whites and poor people use so they don't care if people are unhappy. Rich white Republicans prefer cocaine, prescription painkillers and alcohol.

When Spicer made the connection with Marijuana to the opioid problem we are facing in some communities today it was like what year are we living in:whatever:

There's way too much information out there that disproves marijuana as a "gateway drug" plus the freaking problem is all these doctors handing out painkillers like they are candy. That's the gateway drug.

Thanks Jeff Sessions!

I take it that you are in favor of mandatory minimum sentences and less prosecutorial discretion? Or maybe just a believer in the drug war? Could you describe why?
I'm not an expert, but it occurs to me that mandatory minimum sentences in regards to drug law is responsible for a lot of nonviolent offenders serving longer than usual sentences... And as it happens... those judgements seem to disproportionally effect various ethnicities.

I take it that you are in favor of mandatory minimum sentences and less prosecutorial discretion? Or maybe just a believer in the drug war? Could you describe why?
I'm not an expert, but it occurs to me that mandatory minimum sentences in regards to drug law is responsible for a lot of nonviolent offenders serving longer than usual sentences... And as it happens... those judgements seem to disproportionally effect various ethnicities.

I'm assuming sarcasm.

You would assume correctly.

Let's give low level offenders disproportionate sentences so if and when they re-enter society, they have a harder time getting work and are able to contribute less to society. Sounds like as winning formula as outlawing abortion and then gutting all social safety nets for young mothers who need support.

Thank god it's recession proof.

*buys a billion shares*

oh, wait. It's recession supported!

*buys a billion more*

Drug policy should be based on science and shrooms are among the least dangerous and least addictive illicit drugs.

Shrooms are considered a "soft drug" for those reasons.

It makes sense that soft drugs are made legal and hard drugs decriminalized (drug users given treatment instead of jail, still illegal to sell and distribute).

Agreed.

Here in the Netherlands shrooms were made illegal not too long ago because of some stuff that happened to a bunch of ill-informed tourists. I hate how reactionary the government is on this topic. We still have truffles, though, which are pretty much the same thing.

Various American politicians - "Mari-juwana is the devil's weed! Only the poor and eeeevul use it!"

Meanwhile in Canada

Prime Minister Trudeau - "Legalize that ****!"

See what happens when an actual adult is running things?

Agreed.

Here in the Netherlands shrooms were made illegal not too long ago because of some stuff that happened to a bunch of ill-informed tourists. I hate how reactionary the government is on this topic. We still have truffles, though, which are pretty much the same thing.

Millions killed globally from cigarettes and alcohol ANNUALLY.

Government - "meh"

One person killed while on shrooms.

Government - "omg we must ban this for everyone until the end of time!"

Various American politicians - "Mari-juwana is the devil's weed! Only the poor and eeeevul use it!"

Meanwhile in Canada

Prime Minister Trudeau - "Legalize that ****!"

See what happens when an actual adult is running things?

How do we do from the Age of Reason to the Age of Information to "facts, science, journalism, research, academia, intelligence agencies, constitutional scholars, are all trash what did the clownish con artist working for Putin and Neoconfederates tweet?"

Millions killed globally from cigarettes and alcohol ANNUALLY.

Government - "How much money does it make us?"

"**** tons!"

Government - "Ok. Then...meh"

One person killed while on shrooms.

Government - "How much money does it make us?"

"Nothing."

Government - "omg we must ban this for everyone until the end of time!"

Edited for accuracy :p

http://www.heritage.org/crime-and-j...y-minimum-sentences-the-arguments-and-against

I think this is a good read on the issue. I think we so often want to simplify issues as good or bad when a more nuanced approach is usually the answer. Often things need simple reforms instead of being thrown out completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"