Discussion: The War On Drugs, Legalization of Marijuana, The Opioid Crisis, and Other Drug Issues

It's past time they were phased out. Unfortunately people are going to protest because they think depriving them of cancer sticks is wrong even though one of the side effects of it is second hand smoke that might give someone else cancer who never touched one.

Their freedom over the health of others.

It's past time they were phased out. Unfortunately people are going to protest because they think depriving them of cancer sticks is wrong even though one of the side effects of it is second hand smoke that might give someone else cancer who never touched one.

Their freedom over the health of others.
I'm feeling it'll be like when they started banning smoking indoors at public places, but far worse.

I am already imagining Republican talking points being just literally cut and paste jobs of their attacks on vaccines replaced with cigarettes instead.

Alcohol and cannabis have social and recreational uses.

The entire purpose of cigarettes is to continue a cycle of heavy addiction.

Plus they kill way more people.

Phase those puppies out.

I guess if people want to smoke in areas where they are away from non-smokers, I don't care much. UCLA banned smoking (inc electronic) on campus. If someone wanted to go on a ciggy break, they had to be off campus. Depending on where you are, that could be quite a walk.

I do believe, however, in the War on Rugs. I say NO to rugs and have for many, many years.

I know how to grow those using rice, plaster of paris (to set the ph level), water, 1 pint Ball canning jars, a pressure cooker, potting soil, and a sterile glass top case using a 1-2 micron filter.

If Dems in the senate had a brain, they'd use marijuna legalization as a wedge issue to hurt Republicans and to get out voters in November. But they'll be too busy clutching their pearls.

He is a politician and will lie and say anything to get elected.

Mega-Bump

Forgiving student debt and now decriminalizing cannabis. Dark Brandon cannot be stopped.

Governor Kate Brown (D-OR): "No one deserves to be saddled with the impacts of a simple possession of marijuana conviction—a crime that is no longer on the books in Oregon. I am pardoning these prior Oregon offenses, an act that will impact an estimated 45,000 individuals. State of Oregon Newsroom : NewsDetail : State of Oregon"

President Joe Biden: "Oregon is the latest state to pardon all prior offenses of simple marijuana possession, following my pardon of federal offenses and call to Governors to do the same in their states. It's time to right our failed approach to marijuana. I urge states to follow Oregon's example."

Governor Kate Brown (D-OR): "No one deserves to be saddled with the impacts of a simple possession of marijuana conviction—a crime that is no longer on the books in Oregon. I am pardoning these prior Oregon offenses, an act that will impact an estimated 45,000 individuals. State of Oregon Newsroom : NewsDetail : State of Oregon"

President Joe Biden: "Oregon is the latest state to pardon all prior offenses of simple marijuana possession, following my pardon of federal offenses and call to Governors to do the same in their states. It's time to right our failed approach to marijuana. I urge states to follow Oregon's example."
:applaud

Pew Research Center - Americans overwhelmingly say marijuana should be legal for medical or recreational use

ft_2022.11.22_marijuana_01a.png

That poll certainly reflects most of the people I've talked about this with. :)

This should never have been the case at all and it should have been resolved decades ago. In fact I thought they had already done that a decade ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"