Discussion: Third Parties, The GREEN Party, The LIBERTARIAN Party, and Other Third Parties

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
So now that Bernie dropped out, people who may or may not be Russian bots are pushing a third party for progressives.

My question is, should we rule out third parties until we have run off elections in place since third parties typically act as spoilers?

The Green Party has always been the go to party for Progressives when the DNC goes with a moderate.

Unfortunately the Green party is seen as a joke no one bothers to take seriously. There should be at least three parties but because of how the Republicans and Democrats have carved up the system there is no room for one currently.

If your party can't win at the state level, you have about zero chance at the federal level and really have no business there.

It's known that Republicans (like Rick Wilson) fund the Green Party to help Republicans win.

And the Russians have gotten into the act with Green Party queen Jill Stein.

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_ae6b4cdd270c7a7f3720c0df3b07f9fb.fit-2000w.jpg

NBC News - Guess who came to dinner with Flynn and Putin
NBC News - Russians launched pro-Jill Stein social media blitz to help Trump, reports say

In a First-Past-The-Post Plurality voting system, third parties and independent candidates are all spoilers. The spoiler effect can be deterred by ranked-choice-voting and run-off voting as you note.

I'm actually aligned with the Peace and Freedom party... Who had Roseanne Barr as a nominee, so yeah. I'm pre-Trump Roseanne.

I used to be aligned with the Libertarian Party last election cycle.

I like the green party but we don't have run off elections so I gotta vote for the lesser of two evils.

Especially since one is way more evil than the other.

I feel this is too true sometimes.

Much like Ross Perot or the Green Party, I don't see his going very far. It'll have its supporters because there are always supporters but I doubt there are enough to even scratch the paint of either Republicans or Democrats.

The US desperately needs multiple political parties and I was so hoping Trump would have done the Patriot Party. The Republican leadership are so forking weak to corral the crazy in their party that it's causing the shift in the Overton Window.

Republican
Democrat
Progressive
Libertarian
Green
Patriot

That's my ideal vision for the major political powers.

The US desperately needs multiple political parties and I was so hoping Trump would have done the Patriot Party. The Republican leadership are so ****ing weak to corral the crazy in their party that it's causing the shift in the Overton Window.

Republican
Democrat
Progressive
Libertarian
Green
Patriot

That's my ideal vision for the major political powers.

I think Germany has a nice mix.

List of political parties in Germany - Wikipedia

The problem with a 3rd party in the US is how our election process works.

Screenshot_20211229-181611_Edge.jpg

I don't know if this is accurate. :o

Well this crashed and burned.

I don't get the new political party outside it being another get rich quick scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"