Discussion: Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilhelm-Scream said:
:huh:

Yeah, 'cause these people think that if someone is evil and commits a heinous crime, then you're justified in matching their level of evil and commiting a comparable crime, but I never think of a rapist as a married guy, so your only outlet would be to rape him back on behalf of your wife. See?

Do you think Revenge is enough to get it up?

Well, revenge, and the exhilerating tightness of a virgin hole.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
:huh:

Yeah, 'cause these people think that if someone is evil and commits a heinous crime, then you're justified in matching their level of evil and commiting a comparable crime, but I never think of a rapist as a married guy, so your only outlet would be to rape him back on behalf of your wife. See?

But I'm not gay. :eek:

How about just sodomizing the guy with a plunger? :mad:

Gonking said:
US backs 'torture' methods to question terror suspects

ANDREW PICKEN (//=0;i-=2){d+=unescape('%'+e.substr(i,2));};document.write(d);//]]> [email protected])
TOUGH new interrogation laws allowing sleep deprivation and induced hypothermia have been passed by the US senate.
Members have backed President George Bush's controversial bill designed to prohibit blatant abuses of detainees but does grant him power to decide what interrogation techniques are permissible.
Human rights groups have said the techniques border on torture.

Bush's Republican party has also been criticised for rushing through the laws to spotlight their tough stance against terrorism in time for parliamentary elections in November.
The new legislation will also set up special tribunals to question and try the hundreds of suspects being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. A Supreme Court ruling in June said that the original military tribunals set up by the Bush administration to prosecute these detainees were unlawful.
Another piece of legislation passed in the United States yesterday means the president will be able to order surveillance on a suspect without going to court for approval. Both laws could reach the president's desk within days to be signed into law.
Democrats said the Republicans' rush to muscle the measure through Congress was aimed at giving them something to boast about during the forthcoming election campaign for control of the House of Representatives and Senate. "There is no question that the rush to pass this bill, which is the product of secret negotiations with the White House, is about serving a political agenda," said Democratic Senator Edward Kennedy.
But Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who helped draft the legislation during negotiations with the White House, said the measure set up a system for treating detainees that the nation can be proud of. He said the goal "is to render justice to the terrorists, even though they will not render justice to us".
The interrogation laws establishes military tribunals that would give defendants access to classified evidence being used to convict them, and allow limited use of evidence obtained by coercion.
The new Republican-backed spying legislation outlines when and how a president can order warrantless surveillance. The president would be permitted to do so, for example, after an "armed attack", "terrorist attack" or when the president deems there is an "imminent threat".
Backers contend the legislation would bolster congressional oversight and better protect civil liberties. But critics claim it expands presidential powers and further threatens the rights of law- abiding Americans.
"Hidden in the fine print are provisions which grant the administration authority to maintain permanent records on innocent US citizens, giving it new authority to demand personal records without court review, and terminating any and all legal challenges to unlawful wiretapping," said John Conyers, top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee.
Heather Wilson, a New Mexico Republican and chief sponsor of the measure, said the bill would protect the nation as well as individual liberties.
She said: "Intelligence is the first line of defence in the war on terror. Excesses are best prevented when the intelligence activities are operated within a framework that controls government power by using checks and balances among the three branches of government."

And here is a video of Hilary Clinton rejecting the bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXxednKNtg
Wtf? Thats disgusting. :down:

Torture wouldn't make people tell the truth, it would just make them lie.

lordofthenerds said:

You can always verify the information.

Darren Daring said:
Do you think Revenge is enough to get it up?

Well, revenge, and the exhilerating tightness of a virgin hole.
I'd just shut my eyes and pretend it was Mandy Moore. :up:

........for justice!

raybia said:
How about just sodomizing the guy with a plunger? :mad:
That technique is only for esteemed members of the New York Police Department.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I'd just shut my eyes and pretend it was Mandy Moore. :up:

........for justice!

Yuck man, thats not a woman thats a man.

Anyway, thats not justice, that revenge. Justice is about more than revenge.

Damn man, didn't you learn anything from Batman Begins?!:cmad:

They behead us. They kill anyone including kids. They hide in holy places (which is illegal for combatants to do)and your going to complain about us hurting them.

How about the next time YOUR plane is hijacked for kamikaze purposes well get your opinion about weather or not you give a **** if that guy is tortured for information.

lordofthenerds said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Boy why are you posting here and not running the US military?

raybia said:
Damn man, didn't you learn anything from Batman Begins?!:cmad:
Yes, if you want to scare people, start talking like Clint Eastwood after he's had a polyp removed. :up:

stryfe said:
They behead us. They kill anyone including kids. They hide in holy places (which is illegal for combatants to do)and your going to complain about us hurting them.

How about the next time YOUR plane is hijacked for kamikaze purposes well get your opinion about weather or not you give a **** if that guy is tortured for information.

Who is this being direct towards?

stryfe said:

pshaw. Flying is over-rated

raybia said:
Who is this being direct towards?

Anyone who wants to cry boo-hoo for terrorists and mean ol torture bill.

stryfe said:

But again, arent we suppose to be better than them? If we go down to their level, does that not make us no better than them?

stryfe said:

This bill is for terrorist suspects not terrorists.

Darthphere said:
But again, arent we suppose to be better than them? If we go down to their level, does that not make us no better than them?

Doesn't sound like Stryfe is better than them.:csad:

Some people dont get that idea. They tend to just wanna hurt and kill everyone person who rubs them the wrong way. And they dont consider it stooping to their level because they're better than them and their reasons are so valid.

Ha.

stryfe said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Boy why are you posting here and not running the US military?
Because I'm 14. But if your all for torturing people, why aren't you?

Darthphere said:

Were not killing them.

You know what sometimes if you really want to survive you have to do things you normally wouldnt. So the choice is left to us. My choice is them before me.

Terror suspects. I fail to see the problem.

Darthphere said:

Bingo. I mean, even War Lord knows that. He even has it in his sig:

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

Isn't torturing suspects the ultimate example of this?

And the ethics this country was founded on be damned?

Addendum said:
And the ethics this country was founded on be damned?

Yeah, the ethics this country was founded on.

Birth-of-a-nation-poster-color.jpg

raybia said:
Yeah, the ethics this country was founded on.

Birth-of-a-nation-poster-color.jpg

Your theft of my pic from the other thread has me plum flustered:csad:

Didn't they have a toy similar to that in the Masters of the Universe toy-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"