Discussion: Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
raybia said:
Until you become one.

Oh please spare me your ****ty moral lessons.

Them before me. Period.

JLBats said:
Bingo. I mean, even War Lord knows that. He even has it in his sig:

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

Isn't torturing suspects the ultimate example of this?

Lets see you value principles when your only choice is to convert to Islam or die.

stryfe said:

Them before me. Period.

That's cool. After we get them, you're next.

stryfe said:

Them before me. Period.
First rule of the fanatic.

When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.

SuriCruise said:
I would like to congratulate the USA on officialy becoming a terrorist state. Yay! It's been a long haul kid, but you've finaly made it, good for you.

:heart:

You're so cute! :meow:

stryfe said:
Lets see you value principles when your only choice is to convert to Islam or die.
I'll do it to please them. Once they're happy, I'll relapse

raybia said:
Thats the spirit! An Eye for an Eye!

Leaves everyone blind.

I wasn't saying that we conduct the same practices. Hell, I think that not performing such acts show that we are the better man. I was just saying don't feel too sorry for the people that we capture that would end up doing much worse stuff for us.

hippie_hunter said:
I wasn't saying that we conduct the same practices. Hell, I think that not performing such acts show that we are the better man. I was just saying don't feel too sorry for the people that we capture that would end up doing much worse stuff for us.

Thats cool. My only problem is that I know for a fact there have been terror suspects that were completely innocent with no knowledge or involvement whatsoever with terrorism.

raybia said:
Thats cool. My only problem is that I know for a fact there have been terror suspects that were completely innocent with no knowledge or involvement whatsoever with terrorism.

There's been a huge example in Canada, where the RCMP gave information to the US government that got a Canadian man arrested, sent to a prison camp and apparently badly mistreated. In the end, it came out that the info the RCMP had was false.

stryfe said:
That's ridiculous. So if we don't torture Muslims they'll take over our country and kill us all? :whatever:

SuriCruise said:
Be sure you have your "freedom" locked away in a vault somewhere, because when generic, scary muslim guy breaks down the door of your house that's the first thing he's going to want to destroy. They just hate that ****.

Also, you are not very smart.

Amen

Suri?! You're not a baby! :D

raybia said:
That's cool. After we get them, you're next.

Lets see now: Torture

–noun 1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.
2. a method of inflicting such pain.
3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.
4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.
5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.
–verb (used with object) 6. to subject to torture.
7. to afflict with severe pain of body or mind: My back is torturing me.
8. to force or extort by torture: We'll torture the truth from his lips!
9. to twist, force, or bring into some unnatural position or form: trees tortured by storms.
10. to distort or pervert (language, meaning, etc.).

Behead
tr.v. be·head·ed, be·head·ing, be·heads
To separate the head from; decapitate.

So We torture them and they live. They behead us and we die. How is this not "better" then them?

lordofthenerds said:
That's ridiculous. So if we don't torture Muslims they'll take over our country and kill us all? :whatever:

Who said anything about Muslims? Your turning this into a religeous battle when the line is very clear. We are hunting those who want to kill us and who we are. Catholic, Christian, Muslim, jew it makes no difference.

I say torture the hell out of them...but not too bad. Electrodes to the goodies is sufficient.

stryfe said:
Who said anything about Muslims? Your turning this into a religeous battle when the line is very clear. We are hunting those who want to kill us and who we are. Catholic, Christian, Muslim, jew it makes no difference.
I don't fall for fear tactics. Try churches

SuriCruise said:
Be sure you have your "freedom" locked away in a vault somewhere, because when generic, scary muslim guy breaks down the door of your house that's the first thing he's going to want to destroy. They just hate that ****.

Also, you are not very smart.

Amen

Again this is not in any way shape or form a war against muslims. Its against people who want to kill us.

Matter of opinion. Your view is different then mine and considering this passed through the senate it looks like your view is the minority. If we followed your way of life im sure many many more good people would be dead instead of terrorists who use children and women as living weapons.

War Lord said:
And we are better then them The interrogative techniques we use don't result in permanent injuries or permanent mental conditions.

Sleep deprivation and induced hypothermia don't result in permanent injuries or permanent mental conditions? If you deprive someone of sleep long enough, it will severely damage their mental state and might drive them insane. And, just so you know, hypothermia causes people to lose apendiges over time.

stryfe said:
Lets see now: Torture

–noun 1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.
2. a method of inflicting such pain.
3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.
4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.
5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.
–verb (used with object) 6. to subject to torture.
7. to afflict with severe pain of body or mind: My back is torturing me.
8. to force or extort by torture: We'll torture the truth from his lips!
9. to twist, force, or bring into some unnatural position or form: trees tortured by storms.
10. to distort or pervert (language, meaning, etc.).

Behead
tr.v. be·head·ed, be·head·ing, be·heads
To separate the head from; decapitate.

So We torture them and they live. They behead us and we die. How is this not "better" then them?

Terror suspects should not be tortured. America, the country we say is the best in the world, the most advanced, the most civilized has a judicial system that states innocent until proven guilty.

Many American-Muslims and Arab-Americans have been picked and detained for merely being Muslim and of Arab decent. If them has some hardcore evidence incriminating supposed "suspects" then I probably can support interrgation but torturing just seems barbaric and unbecoming for the most "civilized society" on earth.

stryfe said:
Its against people who want to kill us.

Wanting to do something starts with intent.

How about going after people who actually are attempting to kill Americans?

Hell the way the Bush Adminstration is going, just about everyone on Earth probably want to kill us. Yeah thats it, lets just kill everybody! All dissenters!!

SuriCruise said:
Wow, the fool on the hill really does see the sun going down. Wrong again though. What you are doing is holding a big scary bunny in one hand to draw everyone's attention away from your stealing their wallet. If you'd take the time to educate yourself on any of the actions taken by the US in "re-constructing" Iraq, you'd know that. The people you so blindly follow on their hunt wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

First of all I dont "follow" anyone.

Second, next post you might want to include a point.

wait you mean that Bush is passin a torture people law

finally he did something right terriorist need to be tortured for info

stryfe said:
Who said anything about Muslims?

stryfe said:
They behead us. They kill anyone including kids. They hide in holy places (which is illegal for combatants to do)and your going to complain about us hurting them.

stryfe said:

You, Dum-Dum.

That is all..........

These bits of info are just plain scary.
Another piece of legislation passed in the United States yesterday means the president will be able to order surveillance on a suspect without going to court for approval. Both laws could reach the president's desk within days to be signed into law.
The new Republican-backed spying legislation outlines when and how a president can order warrantless surveillance. The president would be permitted to do so, for example, after an "armed attack", "terrorist attack" or when the president deems there is an "imminent threat".

And then...
"Hidden in the fine print are provisions which grant the administration authority to maintain permanent records on innocent US citizens, giving it new authority to demand personal records without court review, and terminating any and all legal challenges to unlawful wiretapping,"

So this isnt just about torture (which I just cant believe :().
stryfe said:
We are hunting those who want to kill us and who we are. Catholic, Christian, Muslim, jew it makes no difference.
By your logic then any person that the government feels would cause harm or death is subject to such techniques? So someone that is a suspect in murder, molestation, rape ect. are all legally torturable?

With a smug stroke of his pen, President Bush has set to wipe out a safeguard against illegal imprisonment that has endured as a cornerstone of legal justice since the Magna Carta.

And with that single stroke, you have ceased to be a citizen and have become mere property of the government, to be disposed of at will...

Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"