Discussion: UK Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Sep 22, 2017.

1. HarveyHarris Registered

Not a chance he'll go, they've already started going down the "remain establishment" are behind all this, they'll go big on announcing some brexit related things, ending covid restrictions and go a bit harder on people in dinghies.

Give it a couple of weeks people won't be bothered and it'll be Boris beat covid and got Brexit done.

2. Holy Slapper Registered

3. B [insert witty comment]

His defence & excuse over his presence at the gathering is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It doesn't shock me that Boris actually thinks that his excuse is acceptable or believable because he himself is thick as pig ****.

This was at a time when cities throughout the UK & Ireland were ghost towns, only essential workers & businesses were in operation with people only allowed out of their home for exercise.. alone, not even allowed to meet with other households for a jog as per the regulations.

Just listening to him, he is such a bull****ter it's unreal, weaselly answers to dodge straight yes/no questions, tries at every opportunity to change the subject. Someone who isn't lying through their teeth doesn't answer questions like this.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  4. HarveyHarris Registered

They going not going to accept votes of long term Tory supporters either? A surefire way to stay the opposition.

5. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

Accepting the MP means you can't replace them with some who might actually be worthwhile.

6. HarveyHarris Registered

When you're coming back from a general election humping it's all about the numbers. More Labour in fighting is only going to help the Tories

7. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

It's not when you are trying reverse the situation in the red wall. Nothing about the current situation means accept a bigot whose trying to kill people.

8. HarveyHarris Registered

And how does Young Labour's stance reverse it? He's voted in line with the party whip, do we then reject voters who have previously supported this government? Labour needs to be seen to be a broad church.

#1284 HarveyHarris, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

That works both ways. You can't argue "broad church" with how the party handles leftist. Especially young voters, those actually do the ground work and those that pay their dues. Remember, Labour's in a bit of a financial crunch at the moment.

Also a broad church that accepts bigots after the party was willing to paint Corbyn with the brush so they could get him out? How is that not pure hypocrisy? How does that win over the young vote?

10. HarveyHarris Registered

There was a hell of a lot of resentment, particularly from your red wall constituencies, towards Labour due to many feeling it went too far to the leftists, essentially became a student protest party. Having a self confessed "centrist" defect is seen as bridging that gap.
    You're saying bigot but your average voter will just see a Tory MP, its why the "Tory Scum" comments go down so badly. The youth vote won't get Labour elected and the only way we'll ever get any change in this country is from a Labour government in power.

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

12. Aurakles Registered

Hopefully the Tories will decide he's more of an electorate liability than an asset and oust him.
    And then hopefully he'll be arrested.

RetrogradeOrbit likes this.
  13. HarveyHarris Registered

He's getting back up in the polls and is still popular amongst the Tory members. He isn't going anywhere.

14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

15. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

As an American who doesn't like Johnson I honestly don't care about these stupid parties and don't get why this is supposed to be the mega scandal of the century that some are treating it as.

16. Sithborg Registered

They were happening at a time when the general population would get into major legal trouble for doing the same thing.

DarthSkywalker and Erik20 like this.
  17. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

The prime minister (or governor, or president of anywhere) has places to go and things to do. He or she's not gonna put themselves under lock down just to avoid some hypocrisy quotient nor do I reasonably expect them to. I expect the government to keep working. If you're sick stay away, but otherwise do your duty to the maximum extent, as unfortunate as some forays into these parties may have been they are not that big a deal. I noticed other slithering and self-serving Tories like Theresa May smell blood in the water and are after Johnson over it. These people going after him want to go back to pretending COVID19 doesn't exist are the ones angry at the restrictions and using their own PM as a piñata. It's really the restrictions they are angry about, Johnson is just a battered object of their rage.

18. Erik20 Registered

There are people who couldn't be with dying relatives because of the strict lockdown, meanwhile the guy who ordered this was out partying... maybe you would get it if that happened to you.

19. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

You do understand the difference between working and having parties right? Especially when you tell others to follow certain rules that you say you yourself will follow, they do, and while they watch family members die from afar, you are too busy with your wine trolley to care.

If you support Boris over Theresa May, I have to ask, why? No one is more of a self-serving Tory then Boris "Racist liar who tried to kill the Queen" Johnson. If your worry is COVID restrictions, Boris has been terrible at them. Everything has been a fight from those advising him. He literally said let the bodies stack up. Jesus, Mangar...

RetrogradeOrbit and Snow Queen like this.
  20. Sithborg Registered

Given you are american, you do not understand how strict the lockdowns were in the UK. No where in the US had lockdowns as strict as the UK.

21. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

22. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Government officials should be exempt from lockdowns or they can’t do their jobs. My own state had heavy covid restrictions which I supported last year when covid19 was much less worse in spread than it is now when there’s no restrictions.

Also don’t make assumptions about what I did or didn’t go through in the pandemic.

It reminds me of the outrage against Newsom for dinner during COVID19 restrictions. I think my own governor had a similar episode last year. It’s minor at best. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter compared to the other 99% of stuff I post about.

#1300 MagnarTheGreat, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022