Discussion: UK Politics

There was no need to remove that top rate of income tax. The only thing I think makes sense is reducing stamp duty which is a really dumb tax.

I don't think she's an acolyte of anything, she will happily switch allegiance to whatever cause she thinks is in her best interest. She moved from Lib Dem to Tory, from remain to Brexit. She's now hitched herself to the ERG and is carelessly adopting their policies.
Her creed is short-sighted self interest above all.
Too many career politicians like this now with no real beliefs beyond jumping from one bandwagon to the next and whatever will help them stay in power.

And reading just a little bit more, god damn. One has to be quite impressed with just how efficiently Truss was able to bomb the UK economy.

I'm just waiting for the U.K. to walk back hat in hand to the European Union some day in the future.

Barrons - The U.K. Economy Is Having a Meltdown. The Bank of England Had to Intervene.
The spectacular drops within the past week were sparked by Prime Minister Liz Truss’s dramatic policy decision to borrow billions to cut taxes in the hopes of supercharging economic growth. But markets judged that the plan doesn’t have much chance of success.

The Washington Post - ‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds (2020)

Thread by @jburnmurdoch on Thread Reader App

----------------------------

Brexit was self-harm (just like Trump in 2016), encouraged by Russia.

Last edited:
Wow, I had no idea things were so bad for you guys. Hope you guys can survive the downturn. :( Besy you can do is try to carry as little debt as you can and only buy what you need. Hope things are better by Christmas.

Wow, I had no idea things were so bad for you guys. Hope you guys can survive the downturn. :( Besy you can do is try to carry as little debt as you can and only buy what you need. Hope things are better by Christmas.

To be fair, this financial crisis has taken a week? to pop up. The Bank of England did this to save pensions, so, you know, it would have been baaaad. This new leadership has had less than a week of actual governance under their belt, and set off a financial crisis. It is really quite impressive.

Comedian Frankie Boyle tweeted
Most of Liz Truss’s policy goals seem to be things The Joker threatens to do to Gotham
:lmao:

Britain has just continuedly wounded itself over the last decade and a certain amount of people just can't seem to admit they were wrong. A bunch of people just doubling down on bad decision after bad decision. We went through four Tory Prime ministers in the last decade who were each worst than the last.

Last edited:
Its hilarious, the polling is so bad it has broken many of the seat calculator formulas they have.

Truss and the Cons are all in on redistributing wealth to the richest before they get booted out.

These polls lol. Tories have to know how majorly they've stuffed up looking at this.

These polls lol. Tories have to know how majorly they've stuffed up looking at this.

Its been widely reported that many of the MPs who backed Truss are already feeling buyer's remorse.

The UK voters make American voters look halfway decent. Which means come the next election, stupidity will reign.

To be fair, this financial crisis has taken a week? to pop up. The Bank of England did this to save pensions, so, you know, it would have been baaaad. This new leadership has had less than a week of actual governance under their belt, and set off a financial crisis. It is really quite impressive.
The transfer of wealth from the bottom to the top always is.

The Times (U.K.) - Truss was told: don’t do this. Her attitude was: I don’t care
Liz Truss was heading to a British Gas site in Kent to highlight the government’s energy price cap intervention when she expressed irritation that the markets had responded to her previous week’s budget by sinking the pound and sending pension funds to the brink of collapse.

If you believe your job is to loot the U.K. for the rich before getting tossed aside, you don't need to care to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"