Discussion: Voting Rights and Election Law

And Roberts has said that gerrymandering is ok.

Since courts now have no say in gerrymandering and districting, Dems should gerrymander the hell out of every state they control and lock out the GOP in those states. And do a state census immediately.

I think thats the only way we will ever get rid of gerrymandering is if it starts to significantly hinder the GOP. The Dems need to grow a spine and gerrymander, gerrymander, gerrymander until the GOP is pulling their hair out.

Figures this fits here? Some news from my local state: DeseretNews:: Appeals court upholds gerrymandering ruling against Utah county

SALT LAKE CITY — A federal appeals court has upheld a ruling that found voting districts in a southeast Utah county were racially gerrymandered and violated the rights of Navajo voters.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver handed down the opinion Tuesday in the case that resulted in the election of the first majority-Navajo commission in San Juan County, which overlaps with the Navajo Nation.

Republican Commissioner Bruce Adams says in a statement he's disappointed by the ruling. He says the new districts unfairly carve up the county's largest city of Blanding, and he had hoped for a new solution.

The opinion comes after U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby found in 2016 that the voting maps packed Democratic-leaning Navajo voters into just one of three districts in the sprawling county located near the Arizona border.

This story will be updated.

How are college students expected to register to vote, when they're too busy smoking pot and playing hacky sack? It's like they're being conspired against.

I know when I was in college in 2003, Trump voters boarded up my doors, preventing me from leaving my apartment and registering. It's downright impossible to vote as a college student. The proletariat will dismantle the corrupt bourgeoisie! Viva la revolucion!

Shocker. A man who is in control of voting rigged the votes in his and his party's favor.

scooby-doo-unmasking-gif-4.gif

"I would've gotten away with it if not for those libs and their cameras!"

Republicans are going to disenfranchise votes any way they can. It is all they can do to keep in power.

More people voting is always a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"