Discussion: Voting Rights and Election Law

Well, there's some good news in some very, very important swing states. Bloomberg.....thanks, but I still wouldn't vote for you. LOL. 15-20 thousand votes in FL could be critical. I hope a big chunk of that money goes to GOTV.

Associated Press - Ranked choice voting in Maine a go for presidential election, [says Maine Supreme Court]

The result of 2016's election was 48% Clinton (D), 45% Trump (R), 5% Johnson (L), 2% Stein (G).

Under RCV the other 7% from Johnson and Stein would have been distributed back to Clinton and Trump because neither received >50% of the vote in Maine.

If Biden or Trump receives >50% of the vote in Maine in 2020 on the first tally, it would not be necessary to redistribute. But if nobody gets over 50%, then it will be redistributed.

Maine also splits its electoral votes by giving 2 to the winner of the state's popular vote, and the rest to the presidential winner of each Congressional District.

Last edited:
Don't care for his politics most of the time, but this is one time I can agree with them.

there needs to be federalizing of all voting laws. all these scattershot differing state laws are obscene. middle class types tend to take drivers licenses for granted-- but there are vast cohorts of folks who do not have a driver's ID, and sometimes not even a "state ID" card-- and depending on how old they are, may have not been issued a "proper" birth certificate if they were born at home or elsewhere in the Jim Crow era.

He paid off their debts. He did not tell them who to vote for, which would be illegal. I'm not a lawyer either but that seems plainly obvious to me. Regressive party trying to supress votes, again.

I mean, this has to go through the house. Right? I'm sure the speaker can come up with a "compromise" bill to be discussed, voted on, sent to the senate, passed, and signed by Trump......all before election day. Right? LOL.

Why is this dude wasting what little brain power he has?

I mean, this has to go through the house. Right? I'm sure the speaker can come up with a "compromise" bill to be discussed, voted on, sent to the senate, passed, and signed by Trump......all before election day. Right? LOL.

Why is this dude wasting what little brain power he has?

Most likely, she will laugh in his face and toss it into the garbage, and then point to HR 1 which is sitting on McConnell's desk.

Last edited:
As so much does things get lost in the deluge of corruption and criminality from this WH.

So in case we all missed this:

Is this just an unprecedented attempt at fixing the vote or am I being naive?

All these states with closings of polling locations and the multiple attempts to disenfranchise some group, in some way... Lord we really will need landslide numbers just to break even, won't we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"