Disney's "Gargoyles" movie?

Greg Weisman handled most of it. He's on Twitter right now saying he'd love to work on a new one if Peele wanted, and Disney is full **** basically regarding the rights.

As far as casting, Paula Patton as Eliza Masa has been my choice for a minute.

Solid choice. :up:

Peele, you magnificent bastard.

C'mon Disney, I'm sure it won't be worse than your other yearly bombs...

Greg Weisman handled most of it. He's on Twitter right now saying he'd love to work on a new one if Peele wanted, and Disney is full **** basically regarding the rights.

The tweet

fUPMaPg.jpg

Why wouldn't Disney want to make a Gargoyles movie, especially with a talent like Peele? I didn't even see Get Out (not my genre, the trailer bored me before it was even released), but I'd have no problem with this happening.

I'm still irritated that they never released the entire show on DVD.

^As the article mentioned if Disney turned down Peele they could be perceived as not wanting to expand their talent pool.

"Oh. This up and coming director we don't want to work with him"

They'd rather the project go somewhere else or Peele forget about it.

The Scottish backstory part would be a bit costly but once we transition to modern day all the live gargoyle scenes would be at night.

The CGI would be easier to do since it will be in low light scenes.

Or maybe keep the backstory part to just the beginning of the movie. First 10 minutes.

A marketing campaign for the movie should be to put gargoyle statues at specific locations in New York. Hype the movie up.

I would be so ****ing there for a Jordan Peele-directed Gargoyles film but it sounds too good to be true.

If only Disney weren't afraid to say yes to this! I've been waiting to see Gargoyles in live action! :csad:

I dont like Disney doing this. I dont want current Disney anywhere near Gargoyles.

I don't trust this Disney with this, either. Nor do I trust Disney to let Peele steer his idea of this movie the way he'd want to without interference (see Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles...the DBGT of Gargoyles due to Disney's steamrolling Greg Weisman). Lastly, I don't want another Re:Boot reboot situation. Let something great stay great.

Disney is bringing all of their animated classics to live action...it is high time Gargoyles gets the proper love it deserves.

Jordan Peele stepped up last year, Disney punked out.

At least revive the animated series. Give us something.

The grisly live-action Gargoyles that almost was

Great article about the Gargoyles movie that almost was in the 1990s.

In 2016, Rick Baker, the Oscar-winning makeup artist and creature creator behind Men in Black, An American Werewolf in London, and Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes, auctioned off the monsters in his closet. Tucked away among the alien costumes and gremlins from Gremlins 2 were some curious bits of miscellanea related to an unproduced project: a live-action adaptation of Disney’s afternoon animated series, Gargoyles. In Baker’s collection were sketches, mock-ups, and an intricate, detailed maquette of main character, Goliath, with wings gloriously outstretched.

But how close was Disney to producing the Gargoyles movie? Close enough that one of Hollywood’s go-to screenwriters took a stab at writing the blockbuster at the end of his tenure with Disney. Having read the script, and after speaking to the creatives who developed the project, it’s clear that the film would have shocked audiences in comparison to what Disney was producing at the time.

They can totally go for a darker route with Gargoyles. If anyone remembers the short lived Marvel Comics Gargoyles series from the '90s, they had a much darker tone than the show. There was one issue where they met a vampire that gave my six year old self the creeps.

I’m still waiting for a Gargoyles movie/revival. That’s just a ton of money waiting to happen Disney.

I’d even take them being squeezed into the MCU.

They had a small bit in the Ducktales finale. Complete with Kieth David and the classic "I live Again!" line.

Kieth's gone on record he's always down for Goliath.

They can totally go for a darker route with Gargoyles. If anyone remembers the short lived Marvel Comics Gargoyles series from the '90s, they had a much darker tone than the show. There was one issue where they met a vampire that gave my six year old self the creeps.
I gotta check those out.

The more I think about it, Elisa would be a great comeback role for Halle Berry.

I gotta check those out.
I only had maybe three or four issues and it was over 25 years ago but if you're a fan it might be worth tracking them down. But since it was a limited run and they were never reprinted in any kind of collection as far as I know, it may cost a little bit extra for a complete collection. The ones I had are long gone but back then I was more into the action figures, which also don't come that cheap on eBay.

Gargoyles (Marvel Comics)

I only had maybe three or four issues and it was over 25 years ago but if you're a fan it might be worth tracking them down. But since it was a limited run and they were never reprinted in any kind of collection as far as I know, it may cost a little bit extra for a complete collection. The ones I had are long gone but back then I was more into the action figures, which also don't come that cheap on eBay.

Gargoyles (Marvel Comics)

Neca is launching a new Gargoyles toy line.
Check this out :

Neca is launching a new Gargoyles toy line.
Check this out :

I've seen that. My collecting days are behind me but I love to see this stuff regardless. It'd be awesome if they get around to making the rest of the gang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"