Disney’s next princess will be Indian

I always assumed Jasmine was Indian because she had a tiger.

Oh I thought they were finally did that Ramayana movie.

Cool, the music should be very unique for Disney.

I'm surprised it took them this long, but I'm really excited about this. I wonder how much inspiration they'll take from Bollywood.

How much you wanna bet they’ll somehow get Kumail Nanjiani for a role in this?

I always assumed Jasmine was Indian because she had a tiger.

yeah I’m not 100 sure myself honestly. Maybe she might be based loosely on Pakistan fairy tales?

How much you wanna bet they’ll somehow get Kumail Nanjiani for a role in this?

I can almost guarantee it. He’ll be the loveable animal sidekick

I can’t tell if some people are just ignorant or what but Aladdin is based on Middle Eastern folklore. There’s a song called “Arabian Nights” for goodness sakes.

Super stoked to finally see India getting more and more representation. Although I wish this was an animated feature.

Last edited:
I can’t tell if some people are just ignorant or what but Aladdin is based on Middle Eastern folklore. There’s a song called “Arabian Nights” for goodness sakes.

Super stoked to finally see India getting more and more representation. Although I wish this was an animated feature.
Got my hopes up it was a new animated film.

Oh, I thought this was an animated film? Is it live action? Hopefully they won’t take their cues from modern day Bollywood movies.

I really love the sound of this. Can’t wait to see how it turns out

This is great. Hopefully it does well. Also would be really cool if it became popular in India and the South Asian sub continent in general.

Oh, I thought this was an animated film? Is it live action? Hopefully they won’t take their cues from modern day Bollywood movies.

I assumed it was live action given the producers behind it, but I could and hopefully am wrong. I really miss 2D animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"