Age of Ultron Disney doesn't own distribuion rights o Hulk?

Captainhulk

main-man
Reaction score
Is this why there will never be another solo Hulk movie?

A few weeks back, Disney announced they had acquired the distribution rights to all but one of Marvel Studios' Phase 1 movies from Paramount. Included in the deal are the distribution rights to Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. Not included are the distribution rights to The Incredible Hulk, which are owned by Universal Pictures. Click the link below to continue article

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_77819

Not necessarily. Many studios sell distribution rights to other companies. It may complicate things though. The reason Disney isn't planning any more Hulk movies in the short term relates more to mediocre revenue from the 2003 and 2008 films. There will definitely be another Hulk movie but it might be a while until Marvel feels the market is ready.

I have to imagine they will work out a side deal with Universal to get the distribution rights. There's no way they will allow one film to slip through the cracks. This is Disney we are talking about

It may not seem like much but it is important that Disney have the distribution rights because it will allow them to release new Blu-Ray packages, "special editions" (and TIH could use one of those especially since a deleted scene is actually reference in The Avengers), and even re-releases for film marathons.

It'll happen, but it will just take some time.

IF Universal does do another Hulk film it had better be like the Hulk from Avengers. Granted The Incredible Hulk was much better story wise from Ang's HULK, the HULK himself looked awful to ME, as well as the Abomination.

IF Universal does do another Hulk film it had better be like the Hulk from Avengers. Granted The Incredible Hulk was much better story wise from Ang's HULK, the HULK himself looked awful to ME, as well as the Abomination.

Mark Ruffalo is Banner now, unless theres another recasthe would be the man for future Hulk movies, which i hope theres at least one more with Mark!

Universal may be able to release another Hulk movie but they can not make another Hulk movie...

Fan reaction to the film was largely negative. Word of mouth was so poor that, with little competition opening the following week, it had a then record breaking 70% second week drop off. The overall negative reaction prompted Universal to forgo their sequel and with the rights reverting back to Marvel Studios, Marvel opted to reboot the franchise rather than create a direct sequel to this film that was so unpopular among their fanbase.

Marvel Studios reacquired the rights to the character after the mixed reception to the 2003 film Hulk, and writer Zak Penn began work on a loose sequel that would be much closer to the comics and the television series. Norton rewrote the script after he signed on to star, clarifying the film's new backstory. Leterrier redesigned Roth's character, called the Abomination in the comics, from the comics' reptilian humanoid into a monster with bony protrusions. Filming mostly took place in Toronto, Ontario in 2007, where the production attempted to be environmentally friendly.

Wikipedia. Not sure how legitimate it is.

Well waddya know...there was a thread about Marvel getting Hulk's rights back in this forum :funny:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=220588

lol I missed that completely IJ lol THANKS

My guess the issue is really Norton. He wasn't in the Avengers, so they don't have much of a hard on to release the film.

I was not a fan of the ripply muscle fiber. Avengers Hulk is one of the best CGI characters put on film. Right up there with Gollum IMO, when you talk about realism, and making him tangible.

I can barely watch Ang Lee's Hulk. perhaps the film is dated by the technology, but the Hulk in that movie looks like a cartoon.

We need a hulk movie. Have VinDiesel play Absorbing Man. Being a pawn of the leader. Introduce She Hulk , after Bruce saves her with a blood transfusion . They are targeted by the leader who himself is a pawn. And on and on.

What guy won't want to see 7' of emerald green fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"