Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact, I do think you made it up. If the show comes on and they're in the pilot, that's grand and I apologize for not believing you. However, at this point in time, with no substantial evidence, I sincerely doubt that. I also don't like the fact you used it as the truth in your defense without anything to back it up.

With no evidence at this point in time to back up our claim, you don't seem believable. Quite simple.

tumblr_m8l60jLcij1ra5p9wo1_500.gif

Am I wrong, though?

I don't see how I could possibly be in this situation.

It's a little silly. If Chris Evans and Sam Jackson aren't in the pilot how is that any different than El "Bale and Nolan are Justice Leaguing it" mayimbe?

Seems like "I heard it" or "I read it somewhere" is a pretty awesome way to wreck whatever cred you have. There's not really any defense there. That isn't journalism, it's outright bull ****.

Wrong? I don't even know what the damn question is.

All I see is you demanding something I can't provide because it wasn't mine to begin with. Christ, come back down to reality

It's a little silly. If Chris Evans and Sam Jackson aren't in the pilot how is that any different than El "Bale and Nolan are Justice Leaguing it" mayimbe?

Seems like "I heard it" or "I read it somewhere" is a pretty awesome way to wreck whatever cred you have. There's not really any defense there. That isn't journalism, it's outright ********.

It's not any different. Poni's claiming that not only will Downey make an appearance in the SHIELD pilot, but he will also be accompanied by Evans and possibly even Sam Jackson. That's huge news that could potentially spread and he's passing it on as truth.

Wrong? I don't even know what the damn question is.

All I see is you demanding something I can't provide because it wasn't mine to begin with. Christ, come back down to reality

The question is, and was, "Where is the proof?". This is as real as it gets. Real and substantial evidence, to be more exact.

Apparently asking for ANY shred of evidence whatsoever is a particularly unreasonable demand. :o

Seems like "I heard it" or "I read it somewhere" is a pretty awesome way to wreck whatever cred you have. There's not really any defense there. That isn't journalism, it's outright ********.

Again I ask, why on earth would I have mentioned it -- knowing full well I don't have a photo or link to say "AHA!" with if need be -- if it was 100% bull crap? What motivation is there?

The SHIELD show wasn't even the topic of discussion. I was talking about Arrow and how I wish WB would try to tie it into MOS like Marvel has tied their SHIELD show into The Avengers.

Again, you talk about credibility on the boards, what motivation is there to make up something and mention it offhand in another discussion that isn't even the focus?

I mean, at least I would have done it on the SHIELD threat where it would have gotten the biggest response. Or on Twitter, and tried to get some followers out of it.

I'm saying what I saw because I saw it. That's all folks. And I'm not saying PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!! to anyone. Believe whatever you want, because I know the truth and nothing changes that.

Apparently asking for ANY shred of evidence whatsoever is a particularly unreasonable demand. :o

Not at all. And I never said it was. But All I have is the name of the person who posted the pic.

That's... all I have. Should I make more detailed stuff up instead?

Hell I even gave you the name of the person and showed you where to find her. I didn't even have to do that lol You guys can go nuts asking her about it. Hell she might even give you a ton of BTS stuff. I have NO idea. I don't know her outside of instragram and all the publicity pictures she posts.

Again I ask, why on earth would I have mentioned it -- knowing full well I don't have a photo or link to say "AHA!" with if need be -- if it was 100% bull crap? What motivation is there?

The SHIELD show wasn't even the topic of discussion. I was talking about Arrow and how I wish WB would try to tie it into MOS like Marvel has tied their SHIELD show into The Avengers.

Again, you talk about credibility on the boards, what motivation is there to make up something and mention it offhand in another discussion that isn't even the focus?

I mean, at least I would have done it on the SHIELD threat where it would have gotten the biggest response. Or on Twitter, and tried to get some followers out of it.

I'm saying what I saw because I saw it. That's all folks. And I'm not saying PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!! to anyone. Believe whatever you want, because I know the truth and nothing changes that.

No one is saying you're begging others to believe you. I'm saying that you said it like it is the truth and will surely happen in the SHIELD pilot. The wrong thing to say on these boards if you can't back yourself up.

And the topic about Cavill appearing in Arrow ties directly into this. My argument was that Cavill appearing in Arrow is not realistic, and no more realistic than Downey, Hemsworth, or Evans appearing in the SHIELD show any time soon. I still stand by that, but now I'm more concerned with proof of this big news you've just unveiled.

You guys are being unreasonable to Poni.

There is absolutely no evidence that Miyambe tweeted that Momoa has been cast Drax because he took it down and every article about is gone as well, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If I were to tell somebody that it happened with no evidence to prove it, that doesn't make it any less legit. You'll just never know it's legit because all the evidence is completely gone.

I dunno, ask el maybe. Seems like the very same thing you've been accusing him of the last several days.

I will say this. It's a ****ing shame you people don't have to take a course on ethics before you get access to a keyboard. Once upon a time journalism meant something more than floating rumors and hearsay and trying their damnedest to get your name mentioned. Even calling it 'journalism' is a joke and an insult to real reporters.

Last edited:

There is absolutely no evidence that Miyambe tweeted that Momoa has been cast Drax because he took it down and every article about is gone as well, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If I were to tell somebody that it happened with no evidence that doesn't make it any less legit. You'll just never know it's legit because all the evidence is completely gone.

Exactly, it's completely and mysteriously all gone. Just vanished off of the internet, but if we were earlier like him(and only him at this point) we could have found some evidence according to Poni. That sounds suspicious imo.

I'm saying he's no different from Mayimbe and you've proven my point. And just like with Mayimbe, you can choose to believe Poni on this if you want. No one's holding you back. I'll wait until some proof is presented.

Last edited:
It's like the hat does not fit the mask lol. It looks like a baseball cap on a scary movie hockey mask.

That's the way it looks in the comics. I actually like it that way a million times better than without it.

Starlord.jpg

Exactly, it's completely and mysteriously all gone. Just vanished off of the internet, but if we were earlier like him(and only him at this point) we could have found some evidence according to Poni. That sounds suspicious imo.

I'm saying he's no different from Mayimbe and you've proven my point. And just like with Mayimbe, you can choose to believe Poni on this if you want. No one's holding you back. I'll wait until some proof is presented.

I didn't exactly prove your point. I wasn't even talking about Miyambe's actual "scoop" I was just talking about his tweet. I could've used any deleted tweet as an example.

Also, I believe almost every semi-legit sounding media rumor I read on the internet until it's debunked. That's just the way I am. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, until they're proven wring. Or in other words, the glass is always half full for me.

That's the way it looks in the comics. I actually like it that way a million times better than without it.

Starlord.jpg
You're right, I never saw it like that while reading the comics for some reason though. Looking at that concept art it jumped out at me.

RIP hat, we hardly knew ye. *kicks bucket down the road*

I didn't exactly prove your point. I wasn't even talking about Miyambe's actual "scoop" I was just talking about his tweet. I could've used any deleted tweet as an example.

Also, I believe almost every semi-legit sounding media rumor I read on the internet until it's debunked. That's just the way I am. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, until they're proven wring. Or in other words, the glass is always half full for me.

You did prove my point, you're saying that it's no different from what Mayimbe is doing with his scoops. It isn't different at all, and it doesn't make it any better.

I'll pull up a quote just to show what you said.

There is absolutely no evidence that Miyambe tweeted that Momoa has been cast Drax because he took it down and every article about is gone as well, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If I were to tell somebody that it happened with no evidence to prove it, that doesn't make it any less legit. You'll just never know it's legit because all the evidence is completely gone.

It's not a crime to believe him, I've already established that. What I'm saying is that it's right to be skeptical or as major as that without any proof. And the only difference between merely telling someone that Mayimbe really did post the "Drax" rumor is that tons of people potentially saw the Drax rumor. Poni is the only one who's seen evidence of what he's claiming.

I will say this. It's a ****ing shame you people don't have to take a course on ethics before you get access to a keyboard. Once upon a time journalism meant something more than floating rumors and hearsay and trying their damnedest to get your name mentioned. Even calling it 'journalism' is a joke and an insult to real reporters.

Ethics? I was a cop for ten years before I started doing this full time. I spend more time in a court room than you've probably spent on these boards.

Dont' come talking to me about ethics and journalistic standards. I'll also bet I'm one of the only journalists around in this medium that's a card carrying member of the SPJ

http://www.spj.org/

And every damn year I sign the petition to made the US create an agency for journalism licensing and enforcement. This country desperately needs one.

It's not a crime to believe him, I've already established that. What I'm saying is that it's right to be skeptical or as major as that without any proof. And the only difference between merely telling someone that Mayimbe really did post the "Drax" rumor is that tons of people potentially saw the Drax rumor. Poni is the only one who's seen evidence of what he's claiming.
I think JB was being sarcastic there.

Hey Poni don't get trapped in this thread you still have to reply to me in the GotG forum. :o

Please, don't get into something like ethics when you don't seem to be showing the best of them right now. This is all so unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"