Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they bring in a Whedon alumna, how about Amy Acker?

How about no? :o

Agent M has been tweeting a lot from the set, but it's mostly been about the cookies he ate, bathroom trips and the photos/videos he would take if he knew how to operate a camera. That guy is useless. :whatever:

The most terrifying bit of news is that Jeph Loeb is on set. That man could **** up the show just by hanging around, he's that much of a sucking black hole of anti-talent. Hopefully they aren't letting him make any creative decisions for S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'd support Amy Acker guesting because she's awesome, but I do hope the keep the Whedon alums to a minimum. Though I'd never complain if they decided to Enver Gjokaj on here, because that guy just needs to be in more things, period.

I'd support Amy Acker guesting because she's awesome, but I do hope the keep the Whedon alums to a minimum. Though I'd never complain if they decided to Enver Gjokaj on here, because that guy just needs to be in more things, period.

I could see him appearing. He already had a cameo in the Avengers as an NYPD cop. Whether he'd still be playing the same part or in the role of a SHIELD agent is another matter. It would be better if they made him that cop and added some story to him - maybe he gets hold of an item (like the Item 47 short) and something happens to him that turns him into a potential threat. Then whenever people watch Avengers again, he won't be just a random character (even though he was at the time).

You're literally zero fun. Well done. :up:

Fun is suggesting that Whedon bring in Anthony Head to play Herbert Edgar (H.E.) Wyndham, or Nicholas Brendan to play Paste Pot Pete or The Porcupine. Possibly impossible but definitely fun.

Nicholas Brendan is like, the LAST Whedon alum I would ever want to see on this show. :down

Head would be cool though, but he's a pretty busy guy, along with Alan Tudyk. I still say Acker and Gjokaj are the best people Joss has had on his shows who deserve better roles.

I could see him appearing. He already had a cameo in the Avengers as an NYPD cop. Whether he'd still be playing the same part or in the role of a SHIELD agent is another matter. It would be better if they made him that cop and added some story to him - maybe he gets hold of an item (like the Item 47 short) and something happens to him that turns him into a potential threat. Then whenever people watch Avengers again, he won't be just a random character (even though he was at the time).
I'd be cool with that. Or have him be a new recruit that SHIELD picked up in the aftermath of the battle or something. But I do like the idea of him coming on as the same character he played in Avengers, whoever he'd turn out to be.

Last edited:
What about that kid who played Angel's son? :oldrazz:

:csad:

What's wrong with Brendan?
While Joss has had his fair share of annoying recurring characters, Xander is easily my least-favorite main character Whedon has ever created. The "why" part of that is a really long-winded off-topic essay, but as it relates to Brendon, I've just never cared for his delivery.

While Joss has had his fair share of annoying recurring characters, Xander is easily my least-favorite main character Whedon has ever created. The "why" part of that is a really long-winded off-topic essay, but as it relates to Brendon, I've just never cared for his delivery.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.
I will add though, that Xander-centric "The Zeppo" is one of my all-time favorite TV episodes, period, so he's not all bad in my book. :yay:

Nicholas Brendan is like, the LAST Whedon alum I would ever want to see on this show. :down

Head would be cool though, but he's a pretty busy guy, along with Alan Tudyk. I still say Acker and Gjokaj are the best people Joss has had on his shows who deserve better roles.

I'd be cool with that. Or have him be a new recruit that SHIELD picked up in the aftermath of the battle or something. But I do like the idea of him coming on as the same character he played in Avengers, whoever he'd turn out to be.

He could be the same cop who decides to join SHIELD after the battle in NYC.

How about no? :o

Agent M has been tweeting a lot from the set, but it's mostly been about the cookies he ate, bathroom trips and the photos/videos he would take if he knew how to operate a camera. That guy is useless. :whatever:

The most terrifying bit of news is that Jeph Loeb is on set. That man could **** up the show just by hanging around, he's that much of a sucking black hole of anti-talent. Hopefully they aren't letting him make any creative decisions for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Joe Quaseda and Loeb need a restraining order for the set...

do we really need another cop show or secret agent show.
I want to see villians and people with super powers.
does anybody know the type of budget they are getting,to make a good show
with special affects they atleast need Smallvilles budget and probably alot more.

As much as I like Whedon's other stuff, the less cameos from past actors the better. Summer seems to curse most shows she is on.

do we really need another cop show or secret agent show.
I want to see villians and people with super powers.
does anybody know the type of budget they are getting,to make a good show
with special affects they atleast need Smallvilles budget and probably alot more.

Don't worry, we are going to get superheros and supervillains. The crux of the show is going to be about how SHIELD deals with an ever-growing population of people with powers.

As much as I like Whedon's other stuff, the less cameos from past actors the better. Summer seems to curse most shows she is on.

Whedon has said that this show will be its own thing, separate and distinct from the movie universe. What I hope is that he means it to be clearly separate and distinct from his own previous shows, as well. That means not adding actors from the Whedonverse but finding an entirely fresh slate, as has been the case thus far.

Joe Quaseda and Loeb need a restraining order for the set...

A restraining order is a great idea. If that doesn't work they should hire guard dogs, preferably hungry ones.

Whedon needs to clone himself at least twice. Only answer.

amy is wonderful. She can play a science whiz, a tactical agent, a civilian, or a super villain. I've seen her play all 4 between angel, alias, dollhouse, and citw.

citw?

Hawaii Five 0 is next on the list after Alphas :(

But that's just a guest starring role, right? The curse won't take if she's only on a few episodes, right? Right??? [Secretly braces for news of Five-0's cancellation.]

I was thinking instead of having Dum Dum and Jimmy Woo & etc.,we could their kids on the show.

I was thinking what character could appear on this show and here's a list of REALISTIC cameos I'd like to see.

Jasper Sitwell
Quasar
Damage Control
Count Nefaria
Mockingbird (since her show isn't happening put her on this.)
Jessica Jones (see Mockingbird)
mentions of The Leader
Shang-Chi
Speedball
Matt Murdock (not Daredevil)
mentions of The Punisher
Taskmaster as a rogue SHIELD agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics