Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, your comment was on the sarcy side.

Every post I make is is sarcastic

I can't help it if you like a terrible tv show

Edit: :p

Truthfully I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be more like Chuck than procedural dramas like NCIS, Castle, Mentalist etc.

I'm hoping it will be a mixture of both just to keep it from becoming too formulaic.

One thing about JAG back when it was on was that you could tune in one week and it would be a pure legal courtroom-based show, and another week it could be military action and adventure out in the battlefield. So depending on which type of episode you first tuned into, it could determine what kind of show you thought it was. But at least it kept it interesting.

I'm hoping SHIELD will give us a range of different episodes. One week spyjinks, another week fantasy and sci-fi, another week a procedural, another week a political thriller/ drama. It does have the potential to be many things.

I just hope it is more like Chuck or Alias than something like Covert Affairs. I suppose though with the rookie agent there could be some element of Covert Affairs. Could also see it being like Warehouse 13 some weeks.

I'm hoping it will be a mixture of both just to keep it from becoming too formulaic.

One thing about JAG back when it was on was that you could tune in one week and it would be a pure legal courtroom-based show, and another week it could be military action and adventure out in the battlefield. So depending on which type of episode you first tuned into, it could determine what kind of show you thought it was. But at least it kept it interesting.

I'm hoping SHIELD will give us a range of different episodes. One week spyjinks, another week fantasy and sci-fi, another week a procedural, another week a political thriller/ drama. It does have the potential to be many things.

I just hope it is more like Chuck or Alias than something like Covert Affairs. I suppose though with the rookie agent there could be some element of Covert Affairs. Could also see it being like Warehouse 13 some weeks.
A mixture of Warehouse 13 and Chuck would be too perfect :wow:

I think it's going to be more like the Heroes version of Star Trek... or the Fringe version of Smallville. Personal stories, superpowers, team takes on sci-fi mystery of the week. We'll see though.

Clark Gregg on Agent Coulson's return in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

[YT]2rmuz4JaoPI[/YT]

Gregg confirmed that Coulson actually did die in The Avengers and was resurrected by some mysterious means. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear because there will be a great deal of mystery and perhaps some harsh consequences to be faced as the result of Coulson's resurrection. Gregg mentioned the mystery surrounding Coulson's return as something that will be explored in the show, which I am really looking forward to.

Also, hopefully Fury's deception and Coulson's survival will be an issue in TA2. There are some who downplay the significance of Coulson's death but obviously Marvel is treating it as a major event. Addressing it and Fury's manipulative behavior would add to the tension in all of the relationships in the film. Whedon wants the characters in conflict and this will surely add fuel to that fire.

Last edited:
Yikes. If I learned anything from Buffy, it's that resurrecting the dead has MAJOR consequences in Joss Whedon's world. Suddenly, I'm scared, lol.

This is going to be great.

And yeah, I need to get around to watching Buffy soon.

Yikes. If I learned anything from Buffy, it's that resurrecting the dead has MAJOR consequences in Joss Whedon's world. Suddenly, I'm scared, lol.

lol right off the bat, Agents of SHIELD is going to be as depressing as Buffy S6. :funny:

Coulson's going to feel dead inside and start hate-****ing whoever he can get his hands on.

I forget what were the consequences when Buffy came back and for whom.

lol right off the bat, Agents of SHIELD is going to be as depressing as Buffy S6. :funny:

Coulson's going to feel dead inside and start hate-****ing whoever he can get his hands on.

That I would love to see. Who's up first? Maria Hill? :awesome:

I don't like the title and I hope this doesn't end up like Fringe.

But ABC is my favorite American network and I watch all of their drama shows. So this is definitely and positively a must-see TV show for me in the next TV season!

And yeah, I need to get around to watching Buffy soon.
You really should. And I'll tell you the same thing I tell all 1st-time viewers - don't judge the show by the early episodes. It didn't even start clicking with me until halfway through S2 (I only made it that far out of obligation...long story, lol). And even then, while I did get pretty hooked at that point, I didn't really start to appreciate the true genius of it all 'til S3. Honestly, there are only about 3 essential episodes in S1, and the rest could be skipped completely, imo. But once I'd finished that final season? I couldn't believe I'd gone so long without having that show in my life, lol.

I forget what were the consequences when Buffy came back and for whom.
Well, let's see (I guess since Whiskey's considering watching the show, I'll spoiler tag it) ...

-There was some kind of demon that emerged as a consequence of her resurrection, but that was just a one-episode threat.

-There was Willow getting ~addicted to the magicks~ and turning evil after channeling so much dark energy to do it.

-There was Buffy's severe depression and belief she "came back wrong." Which led her down a particularly destructive path along with Spike.

-And finally, the big one - her resurrection disrupted the cosmic balance (or something like that) on such a scale that made The First decide now was the time to strike...in other words, all of Season 7 happened when it did due to Buffy's resurrection.

And let's not forget the consequences when Angel brought that dude out of Hell and back into the land of the living in exchange for saving Cordelia on Angel. That was some messed up s***.

Last edited:
Well, let's see (I guess since Whiskey's considering watching the show, I'll spoiler tag it) ...

Appreciated. I've got both Buffy and Alias in the Netflix queue but they keep losing out to my endless rewatching of LOST. :p

Appreciated. I've got both Buffy and Alias in the Netflix queue but they keep losing out to my endless rewatching of LOST. :p
Well, having watched both shows to the bitter end, I'd definitely recommend Buffy first. First 2 seasons of Alias were gold, but after that? Let's just say that end was particularly bitter, lol. Besides, Buffy paved the way for Alias anyway (and LOST, in a couple respects), so it would be like watching it in the "proper" order. :D

Last edited:
I don't like the title and I hope this doesn't end up like Fringe.

But ABC is my favorite American network and I watch all of their drama shows. So this is definitely and positively a must-see TV show for me in the next TV season!

You should be so lucky. :o

Hopefully this means Marvel is starting to bring Fury's characterization from the comics into the movies, in that Fury is willing to do anything to fight the good fight even though it usually ends up with people hating him

Like a less extreme version of Ozymandias, my favorite Watchmen character.

Like a less extreme version of Ozymandias, my favorite Watchmen character.
Somewhat, but Ozymandias is bat**** crazy lol. Fury, not so much. He wouldn't kill half of New York for "world peace."

Somewhat, but Ozymandias is bat**** crazy lol. Fury, not so much. He wouldn't kill half of New York for "world peace."

In fact, Fury actually saved Manhattan from being nuked into oblivion in The Avengers. I've had a couple of minor arguments with people who thought he was being insubordinate to the WSC when he refused to order the nuclear strike himself, despite the fact that he was right. A few other people argued that Hill was right to question evacuating the base in New Mexico even though Fury and Coulson were right about its imminent implosion. It seems that dislike of Fury overrides logic for some.

Apparently, Fury is going to pay dearly for refusing to needlessly slaughter 8 million people. Life sucks.

^^^ Fury always makes the hard choices whether it be disobeying orders to save people or going off on his own to make things right.
I really hope they introduce Daisy Johnson in the show or in the movies. I've taken a liking to her in the comics and she's definitely becoming more important in the comics even being named Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

In fact, Fury actually saved Manhattan from being nuked into oblivion in The Avengers. I've had a couple of minor arguments with people who thought he was being insubordinate to the WSC when he refused to order the nuclear strike himself, despite the fact that he was right. A few other people argued that Hill was right to question evacuating the base in New Mexico even though Fury and Coulson were right about its imminent implosion. It seems that dislike of Fury overrides logic for some.

Apparently, Fury is going to pay dearly for refusing to needlessly slaughter 8 million people. Life sucks.

I'm not so sure, myself. I think its equally likely that the WSC will grumble, but admit to themselves that they almost screwed up, and trying to punish Fury for being right has too many downsides to be worth it.

That said, Fury *was* right, and he might even be able to invoke the illegal order doctrine if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"