Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. And?

ABC make their Fall lineup announcements at the Upfronts :)

That said, news of a promo to be aired on Sunday during Once UPon a Time has leaked today and there's a fair chance OFFICIAL news of the show's pickup will be out Friday

Last edited:
I can't link to it since it's on CBM, but there's an article up now that points to a very good likelihood of an "Agents of SHIELD" viral kicking into play.

Disney has registered a domain called wearetherisingtide.com, and ABC posted a short 7-second video on their Youtube page entitled "Hulk Fire." It shows a clip that most of us have identified as the scene of Abomination wreaking havoc on Harlem before Hulk showed up in TIH, and it shows a computerized zoom onto Abomination in the video, along with some data analysis. Curiously, the fake video has a red watermark entitled "RISING TIDE." Hard to make out the logo, but it looks vaguely like a squid, octopus.....or a hydra.

*EDIT: No, the logo shows a red globe, but there seems to be some kind of something(s....three of them?) in the lower left-hand part of the globe.

It would be cool to see Blonsky or even Ross appear on the show for whatever reason.

Read the articles. :/

The promo will air on the season finale of Once on Sunday!

IGN article is a busted link, the other one says 'Official word tomorrow'

I'm getting the "Your princess is in another castle" dead link screen. Dunno.

The official word wont' be handed down til tomorrow morning.

In other news, Clark Gregg just visited the chat room on my site!!

Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Near Series Order at ABC
The Marvel TV vehicle is expected to get the official nod Friday, May 10, with a big marketing push likely to start Sunday, May 12.
Lesley Goldberg said:
Consider Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the air at ABC.

The Joss Whedon drama based on the Marvel Comics property is near a series order at the Disney-owned network, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, with an official green light expected to come Friday morning,
May 10.

The ABC Studios project is based on Marvel Comics' secret intelligence organization that has appeared in countless titles, including Iron Man, Captain America and The Ultimates, since being introduced in the 1960s. The military law-enforcement agency's moniker stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate, which also has evolved over time in the comics.

Whedon is on board to co-pen the pilot alongside his brother Jed Whedon and Jed's wife, Maurissa Tancharoen; the trio previously teamed on the three-part web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind Whedon directed the pilot, which has had ABC social media accounts for months. S.H.I.E.L.D. is executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb.

ER's Ming-Na stars as Agent Melinda May, The Avengers' Clark Gregg reprises his role as Agent Phil Coulson, Killing Lincoln's Brett Dalton is set as gruff rising star Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons and Iain De Caestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz, with Nashville's Chloe Bennet set as Skye, a superhero-obsessed woman.

Since the project was first announced in August, it has been a clear front-runner to land on ABC's 2013-14 schedule. ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee told reporters in January that the project was being fast-tracked and he was "very hopeful" that the entry with a "great script" would go to series.

"Marvel has the ability to bring the whole family around it," Lee said at the time. "Joss has great relationships around it. There's a lot of real funny male-female relationships and flirtations, but it's also Joss and Marvel, so there's a lot of action to it."

"My boss Bob Iger buys Marvel, and how wonderful is it for ABC to be able to use the core talent from that and not use the Marvel brand but the Avengers franchise for a show that is not exactly about the Avengers but is attached to it?" Lee said, noting that Whedon was already working on scripts at the time.

ABC is expected to begin a major marketing push for the high-profile project with a sizable built-in fan base as soon as Sunday, May 12, during the season finale of Once Upon a Time. While ABC would yet not confirm S.H.I.E.L.D. had been ordered to series, a cryptic promo featuring Marvel's Hulk popped up on a network YouTube account Thursday, May 9, perhaps a telling sign of its imminent pickup. (The video has since been removed.)

Dope. Can't wait to see the promo on Sunday. Hopefully the footage will be good.

Wow that's pretty cool what did he say?

Said thanks for the support, verified it was really him by Tweeting, said "Expectations are high. Should have good news in the am." (this was last night so that's this morning), talked about Coulson being a zombie and eating hydra brains LOL Went ahead and registered on the site as "hisnameisagent", said he'd get a S.H.I.E.L.D. tattoo if the show gets picked up (pretty sure he was joking!), said "I am so grateful for the Coulson love and support. If the show gets picked up tomorrow - it will be thanks to all of you." and confessed he hadn't had a chance to see Iron Man 3 yet. That basically sums up most of it.

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/232985516092567552

"Will Josh Whedon's tv show be the Hulk show? Or something else all together? You'll just have to wait and see."

"Josh Whedon" 'nuff said.

Assuming it gets the official OK this morning, I wonder how long before the show has its own forum in the TV section.

Thanks for the transcript!

I think as long as your site is diligent in citing its sources and giving credit where credit is due, it should be in good standing with superherohype.

We're very careful about that kind of thing. I just seem to remember something about not linking to other sites, but I think it was forums in particular that was mentioned, while our site has a forum I'm not about to promote it here. I should go try and find what it was that I read so I'm clear on the rules I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"