Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mad there is no black guy in the main cast.

I'm not mad, but this is the kind of show where I look forward to seeing a really diverse cast. Definitely disappointed.

I'm really hoping we see Mockingbird. I doubt that if we do though, that there will be a connection between here and Clint :(

I agree. I actually prefer her over Carol Danvers or others. Bobbi has a very interesting backstory and her inclusion in the MCU is a must
I'd rather see Carol introduced in the films to be honest. She's one of my faveourite female characters.

At this point, I'd just be thrilled to see Danvers get introduced anywhere at all.

Since her powers come from cosmic means, perhaps she'll be in The Avengers.

flickchick, I love the avatar. Lucille FTW.

Joss has a fondness for strong female characters, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her appear at some point, either in The Avengers 2 or in this series.

Since her powers come from cosmic means, perhaps she'll be in The Avengers.
Fingers crossed for Avengers 2, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

flickchick, I love the avatar. Lucille FTW.
:highfive: Aw thanks! Hunter Rider was kind enough to make it for me. And yes, Lucille owns all. It took all my willpower NOT to make my custom user title "The Seaward," lol.

Last edited:
SamJack's idea of appearing as Fury in voice only is brilliant. That would provide another tie to the MCU, along with Agent Coulson. Voice-overs might not be as costly as full appearances, which is a major consideration. It would be great to have Fury as an off-screen presence throughout the series, the same as he was in the films, directing Coulson and his team and generally being the man behind the curtain as far as SHIELD is concerned.
c/s.

This show presents a huge opportunity for Marvel/Disney to do some groundbreaking things for the MCU, and the medium as a whole. My biggest worry is the budget not marrying up with the ambition, and I certainly hope it doesn't happen. AMC is doing an bang-up job with TWD, so anything's possible.

I expect her to be played by Emily Blunt, which should be good.

a female heavy hitter would be nice, but probably best reserved for the movies.

Fingers crossed for Avengers 2, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

:highfive: Aw thanks! Hunter Rider was kind enough to make it for me. And yes, Lucille owns all. It took all my willpower NOT to make my custom user title "The Seaward," lol.

:highfive:

No problemo Hermano.

I'm looking for a good GOB avatar as we speak.

It would be appropriate to have Quake in the series. I always loved her sassiness :woot:

:highfive:

No problemo Hermano.

I'm looking for a good GOB avatar as we speak.
ADLucilleIDontCareForGob_zps0c8f7fa6.gif

It would be appropriate to have Quake in the series. I always loved her sassiness :woot:

Quake would have been better than "Skye," whose description reads like a compilation of Whedonesque cliches.

Don't think this was posted. Ming-Na interview

That hadn't been posted here. Thanks.

She said that the show won't be based on the comics, which we already knew, but I didn't understand one remark: "I think this is going to be sort of like his own thing with Stan Lee." It's unclear whether she was saying that Stan will be involved in the show, or what exactly she meant. It would be great if Stan is involved since he's one of the original creators of Marvel's super-spies and their nifty world.

i think shes just trying to say the right things. A for effort. she looks great btw.

there are white people in tyler perry movies and Kim kardashian is in his newest released. BURNED.

I think casting Kim K is more of a burn for him actually. I mean really...how low do you have to stoop to give her work.

Nice find! Even though the show is going to try to do its own thing I do hope EVENTUALLY they introduce super powered characters. I have a feeling the Skye character will be 'special' in some way.

I'm sure we'll get villains from the comics almost immediately, but the structure and personnel of the SHIELD organization has always tended to fluctuate from writer to writer and era to era anyway. I'm completely fine with Whedon giving it his own spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"