Disney Movie Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The love that dare not bark its name. :hehe:

So do you fulfill, your requirement (I thought it was like 4 additional movies after your first big order, but I could be wrong), cancel, and then just do the initial offer again? that sounds pretty brilliant.

yeah, pretty much

read the link i posted above, there's a promo code where you don't have to buy as many fulfillments :up:

i couldve accepted flynn dying in tangled, but that wasn't what i wanted to happen of course.

Anyone else wish Disney had the balls and killed off Flynn Rider in Rapunzel?

Why? It is not that kind of movie. Some stories, Disney fairy tales in paritcular, don't need dark or "serious" endings. Let us not overdo it.

With that post DA I realized that Pixar hasn't killed off any of their main characters. Pixar is an example that animation doesn't have to be dark to be memorable (but it can still give a f**king heart attack like Toy Story 3! :wow:)

With that post DA I realized that Pixar hasn't killed off any of their main characters. Pixar is an example that animation doesn't have to be dark to be memorable (but it can still give a f**king heart attack like Toy Story 3! :wow:)
They killed a good dozen superheroes in Incredibles!

The characters in Cars 2 were dead inside, does that count? :D

Why? It is not that kind of movie. Some stories, Disney fairy tales in paritcular, don't need dark or "serious" endings. Let us not overdo it.

The fact that she met her parents in the end means it still would have ended on a positive note. For a split second I thought Disney would have the balls to kill him off but alas they chickened out.

SAsGOfX.png

The fact that she met her parents in the end means it still would have ended on a positive note. For a split second I thought Disney would have the balls to kill him off but alas they chickened out.

They ain't about to end every theatre session with their audience of brats crying. The first PG-13 Disney animated flick may do that.

No death in a Disney/Pixar movie ever got to me like Carl's wife in Up. The first time I watched that with my wife (then girlfriend) and her then-roommate a few years back. We were just all torn to pieces.

Considering Flynn was an arguably equal co-lead to Rapunzel, killing him off would mean basically killing your hero. Movies don't overcome something like that without being at best, bittersweet. Bittersweet is not the taste these movies are meant to leave.

It's got nothing to do with whether or not Disney "have balls", it's about making a movie that people are going to enjoy. I can pretty much state as fact that anyone wanting to see Flynn Ryder killed off in Tangled is in a very small majority of viewers. The only reason to kill Ryder off would be shock value, but they're not making Saw or Crank here.

When's the last time Disney killed off their hero in any of their features? The only one I can think of is Ichabod Crane and even that was left a mystery where we can't be certain whether he was killed or not.

There were deaths in some of the shorts.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this wacky thing floating around?

[YT]UmPmpUTr22c[/YT]

Disney has released Paperman online...

[YT]aTLySbGoMX0[/YT]

Disney has released Paperman online...

[YT]aTLySbGoMX0[/YT]

Amazing a love story that only could happen in a disney film. If only it was that simple in real life to meet a beautiful girl like that.:csad:

Amazing a love story that only could happen in a disney film. If only it was that simple in real life to meet a beautiful girl like that.:csad:

And I loved how they made the 3D to feel like you were watching one of their older 2D films.

It's got nothing to do with whether or not Disney ''have balls'', it's about making a movie that people are going to enjoy. I can pretty much state as fact that anyone wanting to see Flynn Ryder killed off in Tangled is in a very small majority of viewers. The only reason to kill Ryder off would be shock value, but they're not making Saw or Crank here.

No, it would show there are consequences to all our actions. My issue with Disney is there is no point trying pretend a character is going to die. Either kill them off or don't, enough with this magical 'kiss of life' style crap.

BTW, I don't know if anyone has seen this, it's the newest 2D animated short from Disney nominated for best animated short. It's the best example I've seen of combining 2D and 3D animation. Paperman. Looks fantastic. http://youtu.be/aTLySbGoMX0

7 movies for 21.90 then 2 more commitments at 24.95 or more

its just like the old cd mail clubs, you decline their feature selection every month unless you want it

I've been rather interested in this myself. So do you get the full movies as in the cases, slipcover, all of it? Or just a disc... and can pick specific version like the multiple Blu-Ray versions out there?

No character death in any film ever hit me as hard as carls wife in up. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"