Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everett Downing's 365 Supers
Everett Downing said:
365 Supers started out as a creativity exercise in the summer of 2009. 3 years and 365 supers later, it was finally completed, but I could not have anticipated where this simple exercise would take me. It has spawned an amazing world filled with colorful characters just waiting to be explored, and it has inspired thousands of fan followers, people who were curious to see if I could finish what I started.

Pixar Animator Dreams Up a New Superhero — For Each Day of the Year

Disney makes it official: 'The Incredibles' is finally getting a sequel
Now we just need confirmation that Brad Bird is the man in charge

Disney And Pixar Announce The Incredibles 2
Brendon Connelly said:
Robert Iger gave word of both sequels during an investor’s conference call this afternoon. He didn’t say who would be directing either picture, but a lot of folk will be assuming Brad Bird will be back for the Incredibles sequel.

Or maybe it will be Teddy Newton…

UPDATE: Iger also said that Brad Bird is working on the film’s story now. I guess it is likely to be him directing, then…?

Anyway, official word of the creatives involved will be along soon, I hope. I’d also expect some release dates, at least temporary ones. [Disney]

Pixar’s director of 3D reveals that a re-release of The Incredibles and Ratatouille is in the pipeline.

Why the **** is this trending on Twitter when, as far as I can tell, there's absolutely no news about it to be found?

Aww man Wreck it Ralph 2 is nowhere to be found :(

Im not against Incredibles 2, I wish they would spread out the other sequels so they're not coming out consecutively.

It's going to be interesting revisiting these characters in a post-MCU/Nolan Batfilm world. The superhero film genre is a vastly different landscape than it was in 2004, and the first film did a great job at cementing its place in the genre. I'm excited to see what's next.

uhd8qQZ.gif

It's going to be interesting revisiting these characters in a post-MCU/Nolan Batfilm world. The superhero film genre is a vastly different landscape than it was in 2004, and the first film did a great job at cementing its place in the genre. I'm excited to see what's next.
This will be the sequel to the greatest superhero film the world has seen. One that was quite timeless. I don't think they will have too much trouble doing their thing. :yay:

Is Bird directing? If he's not then my interest will be waned.

Incredible news. I'll be paying attention to this one.

Bout dadgum time..

A part of me wants him to continue his film career after Tomorrowland, but the other part says this wouldn't be as successful without him. As long as he's written a story he said he would want to do and it's taken this long for him to find then I'm happy with it.

If he doesn't direct, hopefully this is more of an Lee Unkrich situation.

Last edited:
Well Toy Story 3 came out like 12 years after the second one, and that didn't seem to hurt the movie much at all. And The Incredibles is the one Pixar movie where most people have WANTED to see a follow-up (because it lends itself well to sequels, being a superhero movie).

lee unkrich ?
Lee was a co-director on the first two Toy Story films (or something like that). And then he directed the 3rd movie. John Lassetter directed the first 2. Lee took over for the 3rd and it still turned out great.

That's a whopping 14 year lull in-between movies. I wonder if the hype will still be as strong in 3 years time.

It freaks me out that the movie is already 11 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"