Disney Prepping Live Action "Cruella de Vil" Film

Emma Thompson in Talks to Join Emma Stone in Disney’s ‘Cruella’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Emma Thompson is in early talks to star opposite Emma Stone in the Disney’s “Cruella,” a live-action origin story based on the classic “101 Dalmatians” villain Cruella de Vil.

“I, Tonya” director Craig Gillespie is helming the film with Marc Platt, Kristin Burr and Andrew Gunn producing.

It’s currently unknown where this movie will pick up in de Vil’s timeline, as is the role Thompson would be playing.
They need to cast Emma Watson as her sister to complete the trifecta.

But Emma Watson has already played Belle.

How about Emma Dumont? She can easily passed as Emma Stone's sister. If you want someone more familiar to the general public, then Emma Roberts.

No one really knows Emma Roberts. Literally had to google the actress and learn who she is, what she's done (nothing of great note) and who she happens to be related to.

That would be incredible - but I just can't stand Emma Stone. Give me Emmy Raver-Lampman from The Umbrella Academy, any day.

No one really knows Emma Roberts. Literally had to google the actress and learn who she is, what she's done (nothing of great note) and who she happens to be related to.

She's pretty great on American Horror Story.

I never thought much of Emma Roberts one way or the other, but I found Nerve was unexpectedly good and she was pretty good in it.
Also decent in AHS and We're the Millers.

I love that we’re talking about the relevancy of an actress with the first named Emma based on a joke someone made about casting another Emma.

'BlackKkKlansman' Actor Paul Walter Hauser Joining Emma Stone in 'Cruella'

latest

I see it.

Cool. Maybe Patterson Joseph cast next?

I hope they don’t make them a gay couple. I would love to see LGBTIQ representation in a flick like this but not them

Well I don't know if thats the styling but I don't like her look in that picture.

The photo is pretty bad, but it's only a photo.

She looks very punk. Almost getting ashes to ashes (the tv show) vibes from it.

It looks like they’re not going to do the whole “oh no she was a jilted lover and that’s why she turned evil” thing. I hate that trope!

It's set in London in the 70's, I'd say the look is quite appropriate for the time period...sure it's a bit extreme but so is the character.

I wonder if they can pop in a Glenn close cameo? That would be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"