Disney Purchases LucasFilm, Confirms Star Wars: Episode VII

It is fox news and I dislike me some Fox news.

This been verified by anyone else? I would take the Onion over Fox.

Numerous sources:

To name a few.

You can't be serious.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not.

That wasn't directed at you, but Kevan. This is being reported all over the place and even Fox News wouldn't bs about something like this.

Am I the only one who finds this upsetting?

Nope, you aren't. I'm cautiously optimistic about it because perhaps Disney will want to proceed in a direction that's not "in line" with the entire atmosphere per say of the SW Universe. I also shudder to think what will happen when Lucas is no longer around for creative input & stuff.

Whoa where did this come from???? I'm really interested to see where they go with this franchise next. I'm quite happy with this news and can't wait to see some new characters and new creative team take control of this series.

Great news. The trinity of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford are still around so you know Disney gonna throw money on the table. I guess the question would be whether or not Ford would be willing to come back, along with who will be the baddie .

Do you really want to see Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher the way they look now trying to be Luke and Leia? Because I think that would be pretty depressing.

I'd like to see Darth Vader with Mickey Mouse ears...

Am I the only one who finds this upsetting?

I gotta be honest with you, I've been on Cloud 9 since hearing this news. Disney's doing a great job with Marvel so far, and as far as I can tell, they can't do any worse to Star Wars than what the original creator has done in the last 14 years.

Disney bought Marvel and we got The ****ing Avengers. Let's take that as a sign of awesome things to come.

IMO I don't think Disney was making enough with Marvel. They needed to absorb the "Star Wars" franchise to save themselves

:whatever:

Good grief. The rich get richer.

New Indiana Jones movie or cartoon in the future now?

Episode 8- Directed by Joss Whedon?

So...THE AVENGERS 3 is going to be interesting now...

I just found out about this a few minutes ago. This is probably the biggest thing to happen in Hollywood since...forever.

This changes everything.

Disney bought Marvel and we got The ****ing Avengers. Let's take that as a sign of awesome things to come.

First thing I thought of when I heard about this acquisition. Lucasfilm is in good hands.

Episodes 7,8,9 to begin release in 2015. After that, a new Star Wars related film every two-three years.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/...lans-to-release-star-wars-episode-7-in-2015#f

I'm shocked that this happened. Seems totally out of the blue (I imagine by design). REALLY not sure how I feel about Episodes 7-9...What will they be about? Will they try and get the original actors/characters? Brand new cast? CGI or real?

Either way, Luke has to have achieved Jedi Master status by Episode VII.

Leah is now a DISNEY PRINCESS...

HERE COMES KINGDOM HEARTS 3 and 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Star Wars is a "closed" series. They tell a story and it's over. Otherwise, you end up with a "clone Darth Vader" (no pun) in each subsequent lower quality story.

James Bond, Superman and Indiana Jones for example are "open" series. They go from one adventure to the other. Star Wars could've been a one movie shot and it would've been ok. Vader was lost at the end of the first (or original movie) (sorry for the spoiler) and that could've been it.

If/when a new Star Wars is made it could be could but my instinct tells me that it will be a rehash - with great visual fx but lacking substance.

As of now, Star Wars to me is just those three movies; no prequels, no comics, no cartoons. I'm hoping that this new trilogy, if sans OT characters, will make me love Star Wars as a universe, instead of just the fairy tale that is the original trilogy.

Disney now owns all your childhood.

I was a little shocked by this news and really thought it was a joke story, until I realized it wasn't April 1st. As much wrong as Lucas has done with the franchise, I think this is the right move to be made since he's not getting any younger and wants to move on to the next phase of his life. This deal has many intangible benefits that we'll hopefully see in other Disney-owned movies. The biggest positive now is that Disney effectively owns ILM and Skywalker Sound, which means Disney movies will have in-house effects and sound studios they could use fairly regularly now for much cheaper.

I honestly can't imagine how they'll continue the story. Will it be Dark Empire? If so, that could be quite interesting... but dammit all if Luke, Leia and Han Solo (the original actors) aren't a bit too craggy to reprise their roles. I don't know what to think right now, but at this moment I'm thinking that for me "Star Wars" is always going to be the original 3, and the rest just remain... afterbirth. :hehe:

I think that Star Wars is a "closed" series. They tell a story and it's over. Otherwise, you end up with a "clone Darth Vader" (no pun) in each subsequent lower quality story.

James Bond, Superman and Indiana Jones for example are "open" series. They go from one adventure to the other. Star Wars could've been a one movie shot and it would've been ok. Vader was lost at the end of the first (or original movie) (sorry for the spoiler) and that could've been it.

If/when a new Star Wars is made it could be could but my instinct tells me that it will be a rehash - with great visual fx but lacking substance.

Umm....you do know that there is a whole Expanded Universe (novels) for the aftermath of what happened after the original trilogy? It does not rehash the old story, so I am figuring they will be using that storyline as a basis to create the new movie(s).

I am excited to hear this as I can not imagine that Disney could do any worse than what Lucas did with the prequels. Mesa gonna put a cap in their asses if thesa come up with something like Jar Jar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"