Disney Reveals Toon Schedule Through 2018

I hope Disney releases more movies based on fairy-tales like Tangled.

Don't count your chickens. Last time that Pixar released two movies in one year, one of them was a Cars sequel.

Cars 2 was the only Pixar film in 2011.

Pixar was close to releasing two films last year: Brave and Monsters University. Disney swapped MU out with Wreck It Ralph, a move that definitely worked in that film's favor.

Yeah I know that but I was referring to the dates w/o a title yet.

Kinda weird that the Disney canon will be releasing two films in 2016/2018 and yet they don't have a film slated for release in 2015/2017.

How many famous fairy tales are left to adapt?

So far Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp, The Frog Prince, Rapunzel, The Snow Queen.

How many famous fairy tales are left to adapt?

So far Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp, The Frog Prince, Rapunzel, The Snow Queen.

If you've seen a complete collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales, there are endless stories Disney can adapt into films. A lot they'd have to water down or change some elements, since some go into dark and gruesome territory.

Rumpelstiltskin.

I know they have an Elf King movie in the works, but I'm not sure where that project is.

Monster University? Planes? Finding Dory?

Disappointing. Pixar seems to be coasting lately. Cars 2, Brave... these movies just don't stack up against their previous work. It looks like we can expect more of the same. The age of truly interesting, creative, ambitious animated movies has been over for a long while. It's all lowest common denominator, pandering kiddie crap now.

To be fair, Pixar isn't making Planes. That's Disney.

It's like some keep forgetting that Pixar has The Good Dinosaur due out next year and Inside Out(the movie taking place inside the mind of a little girl) is due out in 2015. If Inside Out doesn't sound interesting, creative, and ambitious, I don't know what does. Pixar hasn't completely abandoned originality.

Ed Catmull recently announced that for Pixar's upcoming slate, there will be an original film every year with a sequel every other year. This is good news.

Disney own the rights to Raiders. I would love to see a Raiders animated movie with actual Nazis and a young Indiana voiced by Ford.

Pixar Chief: Studio To Scale Back Sequels, Aim For One Original Film A Year
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/pixar-chief-studio-to-scale-back-sequels-aim-for-one-origina
Pixar Animation Studios President Ed Catmull tells BuzzFeed that, moving forward, the animation studio plans to significantly scale back its production of sequels.
The news will likely come as a relief to the Pixar faithful, who have not been shy about concerns that the studio had become too eager to make sequels (or prequels) of its previous films at the expense of its legacy of acclaimed original movies.

Hopefully they'll be able to focus on improving their stories. Gorgeous animation doesn't count for a lot when the story it's attached to isn't all that great. I thought Wreck-It Ralph and Tangled were a lot better than any of the latest Pixar films I've seen, with the exception of Toy Story 3. Brave *looked* incredible but I thought the visuals were much stronger than the narrative.

There' are two films scheduled for 2017

Jun 16 2017: Untitled Pixar Animation 3D
Nov 22 2017: Untitled Pixar Animation 3D

So Catmull said one a year, maybe one of them will be moved around to fit into the one a year time frame.

Hopefully they'll be able to focus on improving their stories. Gorgeous animation doesn't count for a lot when the story it's attached to isn't all that great. I thought Wreck-It Ralph and Tangled were a lot better than any of the latest Pixar films I've seen, with the exception of Toy Story 3. Brave *looked* incredible but I thought the visuals were much stronger than the narrative.

Yeah, I liked Brave but it came off as..unfocused. And that was due to the problems behind the scenes, which came through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"