Disney Rumored to have lost confidence with Brie Larson and Captain Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
Disney's Reportedly Lost Confidence In Brie Larson And Captain Marvel

MCU has peaked. Glad I hopped off the bandwagon. The Infinity Saga is a GOAT franchise, but I give the MCU 3-4 years until it fades into irrelevancy.

Disney's Reportedly Lost Confidence In Brie Larson And Captain Marvel

MCU has peaked. Glad I hopped off the bandwagon. The Infinity Saga is a GOAT franchise, but I give the MCU 3-4 years until it fades into irrelevancy.

Soooooo.... Disney has lost confidence in one of the highest grossing movies of the year. Sounds legit.

giphy.gif

Part of me wants to see the absurdity of whatever is behind that link, but I don't want to give it the clicks...

giphy.gif

Part of me wants to see the absurdity of whatever is behind that link, but I don't want to give it the clicks...

My feelings exactly: I saw this article yesterday and was like “you know what, I’ll read it just for laughs”: but then I stopped myself and was like: yeah, no. Life’s too short to waste time reading the delusional fantasies of madmen.

The movie made a lot of money, but I thought it was one of the worst MCU films alongside the Ant-Man movies. It’s a bit better than Thor 2 and TIH, but still one of the weakest films in the MCU. I think a lot of the blame can be placed on Brie’s performance. I like her as an actress but she is so bland as this character. I don’t know why she feels she is able to perform this character with such a lack of charisma. The character is overpowered and the performance is boring. There are numerous other female heroes in the MCU that I would like to see positioned as one of the pillars of the new MCU over Brie’s Captain Marvel.

I feel like too many nerds are taking **** personal with Larson. The character is exactly as she's portrayed in the comics, she's kind of a ***** at times, and is hard harded.

Captain Marvel as a movie is growing on me. I left the cinema thinking I didn't like the movie mainly due to the intensely unlikable Brie Larson but on repeat viewings, I don't mind the movie now. The sequel would definitely have to improve her character though.

I feel like too many nerds are taking **** personal with Larson. The character is exactly as she's portrayed in the comics, she's kind of a ***** at times, and is hard harded.

Being like the comics doesn't get a pass from me. Blade was nothing like his comic counterpart, neither was Iron Man. You can inject personality into any character you play, there is no rule book that says you can't.

Last edited:
I mean what female superheroes currently in the live action game now are really that fun personality wise? Black Widow was, and she's gone. Scarlet Witch is cool but kinda one note with her "woe is me" thing. Granted that is pretty accurate to her book persona at times.

She was kind of a PR disaster though, wasn't she?

As long as the next flick makes money it's kinda irrelevant.

I mean what female superheroes currently in the live action game now are really that fun personality wise? Black Widow was, and she's gone. Scarlet Witch is cool but kinda one note with her "woe is me" thing. Granted that is pretty accurate to her book persona at times.

Ripley isn't cracking jokes every five minutes but she is likable. There was something about Larson's performance that was rubbing me the wrong way. She had an 'I'm better than everyone' attitude and it was grating. Yes, Tony Stark also has an 'I'm better than everyone attitude' but there is a charm to it.

I didn't have a problem with what Larson said about the critics. I had a problem with how she said it. But I couldn't care less about any of that when I watch the movie. I only care about the quality of the movie, not politics.

captain-marvel-brie-larson-spider-man.jpg

For Tracking Sake:
The article posted at the start of this thread derives from a blog entry found here (Disney Losing Confidence In Captain Marvel, Brie Larson Due To Spider-Man) that is derived from the the original source being a youtube channel by "Overlord DVD" linked below:

The "Lords of the Long Box" (comic collectors looking for "insider" news to predict what's trending to buy/sell comics for profit in the future sort of thing LOL). is another commonly cited Youtube source. I haven't heard of "Overlord DVD" before though...

Anyway, some of the juicier bits say this shaken confidence is already there just now starting to surface after losing Spiderman to Sony as Marvel Studio's can no longer use him as a secondary "cuc k" to build up and be the butt of Brie Larson's "rigged unlikeable" character that's alienating the fanbase despite the high box office gained. (Another way of looking at it though is maybe Marvel's supposed "SJW Agenda" as some sources put it is actually at her personal expense. Even if her ideals do line up with that of Marvel Studio's being the face to get riffed off of isn't exactly endearing).

My initial thoughts to reading this were essentially well she can interact with the X-Men then but probably in a less favorable manner as I doubt Marvel will want to use the X-Men to build her up. That's why I find the Rogue GIF above kind of funny.

Last edited:
I did look up Brie Larson and it seems she has trimmed down a bit as she appears at a Tiffany and Co. jewlery exhibition in Shanghai China on Sept. 20:
IMG_1455%2520(1).jpeg

She may even be trying to start a family as evidenced by photos outside a grocery store this past July:
rs_634x1024-190731151918-634.brie-larson.ct.073119.jpg

Last edited:
The timing of the Ms Marvel announcement is curious. Why didn't they announce a Captain Marvel sequel instead? They gave us a date for Black Panther 2 even though its still a few years out.

captain-marvel-brie-larson-spider-man.jpg

For Tracking Sake:
The article posted at the start of this thread derives from a blog entry found here (Disney Losing Confidence In Captain Marvel, Brie Larson Due To Spider-Man) that is derived from the the original source being a youtube channel by "Overlord DVD" linked below:

The "Lords of the Long Box" (comic collectors looking for "insider" news to predict what's trending to buy/sell comics for profit in the future sort of thing LOL). is another commonly cited Youtube source. I haven't heard of "Overlord DVD" before though...

Anyway, some of the juicier bits say this shaken confidence is already there just now starting to surface after losing Spiderman to Sony as Marvel Studio's can no longer use him as a secondary "cuc k" to build up and be the butt of Brie Larson's "rigged unlikeable" character that's alienating the fanbase despite the high box office gained. (Another way of looking at it though is maybe Marvel's supposed "SJW Agenda" as some sources put it is actually at her personal expense. Even if her ideals do line up with that of Marvel Studio's being the face to get riffed off of isn't exactly endearing).

My initial thoughts to reading this were essentially well she can interact with the X-Men then but probably in a less favorable manner as I doubt Marvel will want to use the X-Men to build her up. That's why I find the Rogue GIF above kind of funny.

Your two posts... Are you serious?

Your two posts... Are you serious?

This is what makes it hard to discuss anything divisive on a forum all too often. :shrug:

Did you read them? I made no assertions other than showing the sources of the articles and mentioning what (and I quote) "some of the juicier bits say". From there, I tried to look at it from a flipside perspective around what's being said (flipside being the suggestion that this is at her personal expense as seen on bolded and underlined part).

The 2nd post simply checking in seeing what she's been up to. No surprise she's focusing on her personal life as opposed to stressing over this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"