Sequels Disney+ Streaming ideas?

mikeyh89

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wasn’t totally sure where to put this but anytime think of Marcel was smart, they would introduce some characters on the streaming service or plan some TV shows based on X-Men characters?

Obviously the main X-Men team, we want on the big screen but X-Men lends itself so well to TV bc of the ensemble aspect and it’s very serialized in nature. I think something like X-Factor would be perfect for the streaming service, as an example.

Plus, I imagine this platform will have higher budgets than Netflix and with MCU characters already announced with shows, there’s more of an opportunity for “TV” characters to pop up in the films than there is now.

Just wondering what everybody thought or if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see!

I'd save the merry Mutants for the big screen. I feel like Marvel streaming shows in Disney+ will lose steam quickly like their Netflix shows and other tv shows.

I would definitely watch some xmen on Disney+.

What about x-factor? I mean the peter David run with wolfsbane, multiple man etc. that would be amazing.

Actually a Blob series might be fun too. It would just be hard to end it with him as a villain but maybe if the positioned him as an antihero?

Yeah but it wouldn’t be an either/or situation

A tv show would just look cheap and restricted as the Inhumans, Runaways and the other Marvel live action shows.

A $70 to $150 million budget for a 2hour X-factor movie is more ideal to me.

this is Disney+, Feige and Marvel studios, not Marvel tv, two completely different things
Feige knows how to take care of his projects.

and not all the x-men need an A-list budget.

Eh we don't know how long Feige will be invested in those shows. They used to make short films for the blu-ray of the Mcu movies, but not anymore. I wonder why? Aos and those Netflix shows were hyped by them during its early days, but quickly lost steam. While the second season of Runaways just came and went.

The movies will always be the main course. These Disney+ shows would just be side dishes, by their 6th show on Disney+, I highly doubt it would still be generating buzz.

Eh we don't know how long Feige will be invested in those shows. They used to make short films for the blu-ray of the Mcu movies, but not anymore. I wonder why? Aos and those Netflix shows were hyped by them during its early days, but quickly lost steam. While the second season of Runaways just came and went.

The movies will always be the main course. These Disney+ shows would just be side dishes, by their 6th show on Disney+, I highly doubt it would still be generating buzz.
These are getting big budgets though. I would expect them to be film quality just with lower profile characters.

Let's see, Marvel's got shows on Hulu and Netflix and people don't pay for every streaming service out there, so obviously, they're not gonna go teasing X-Men on a Marvel show and expect everyone to come to Disney+ to watch an ensemble X-men show.

They'll be teasing them in the movies and hopefully making some great films with them. Avengers 3 has a cast of about 35 characters. We can probably get X-Men team films featuring a solid 10-15 character team. Some characters we already know, some of them can get additional development in other Marvel films.

Plus, I'm hoping for a crossover film based on X-Men Vs. Avengers (1987) #1 (4 issues) with more characters, obviously. (off-topic, but I can really see She-Hulk being played by female wrestler Charlotte Flair)

There Are 76 Avengers Infinity War Characters
35 total main cast
Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr)
Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)
Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
Steve Rogers (Chris Evans)
Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Peter Quill/Star-Lord (Chris Pratt)
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
Vision (Paul Bettany)
Thanos (Josh Brolin)
Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders)
Wong (Benedict Wong)
Gamora (Zoe Saldana)
Nebula (Karen Gillan)
Groot (Vin Diesel)
Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista)
Rocket (Bradley Cooper)
Mantis (Pom Klementieff)
Taneleer Tivan/The Collector (Benicio del Toro)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland)
Sam Wilson/Falcon (Anthony Mackie)
T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)
Okoye (Danai Gurira)
Scott Lang/Ant-Man (Paul Rudd)
James “Rhodey” Rhodes/War Machine (Don Cheadle)
Shuri (Letitia Wright)
M’Baku (Winston Duke)
Stan Lee
Cull Obsidian
Corvus Glaive
Proxima Midnight
Ebony Maw

Last edited:
These are getting big budgets though. I would expect them to be film quality just with lower profile characters.
Maybe at first, Aos had bigger budget in its 1st season but eventually settled to budget cuts / salary decreases for the actors just so they could continue the show.

there's no guarantee that this Disney + Marvel shows will have longevity, after all the characters headlining, will be the ones that they didn't give a solo film, so their show won't get the same treatment as a MCU film. They are gonna stretch maybe a $100 milloon for 8 episodes (thats at least 6 hours of content as opposed to a 2 hour movie with a $150 plus budget that would have given more time for filming and post prod. These shows are gonna be another mcu adjacent.

And i can just imagine them restricting Multiple Man and I doubt they can really go all out for every episode. The action, the spectacle, the scope would be limited because they just wont have a budget for a blockbuster movie for every single episode.

I'm not saying every character or team needs a film treatment. However, X-Factor is the third splinter team that should get a film treatment after the New Mutants and X-Force. Heck, if FoX knew what they were doing, a X-Factor film would have been in major development right now along with those other splinter teams.

Last edited:
If Legion and The Gifted are getting canceled, I don't think any of Fox's other announced projects will get made with Disney+.

I also don't think they'll resort to X-Men TV shows like X-Factor until they make a few popular MCU X-Men films. You'd want to juice X-men once it's up and running, not get ahead of yourself. Especially with all the other properties to exploit, like Squirrel Girl.

It doesn't make sense to acquire whatever Fox had on the backburner then.

Disney+/Marvel should make new X-Men cartoons to start out.

Yes! I'd like an awesome new X-Men cartoon. Especially if it has the tone of Wolverine and the X-Men. I thought that was an excellent show (despite Wolverine being the leader and the main character). I would like to see a more serious, darker tone than that Disney XD stuff.

We are getting Dazzler and the art looks awful. Marvel Television just can't produce a cartoon these days without looking cheap.

Yeah, it’s wild they’re part of Disney and they’re just not firing when it comes to animation

because the parent company isn't just that invested to hire the best talent and tools for these shows. Like I've said its all about the movies now. Their cartoons these days are like throwaways, produced for the sake of it and serve as extra promotion for their Marvel toys, merchandise and films.

well, as an xmen fan, none of the marvel shows on Disney XD look appealing at all, but generally xmen cartoons are appealing to me.

Last edited:
I just imagine a X-Factor film with a fresh Rt rating and characters like Multiple man, Strong Guy, Siryn, M get to appear in the big screen and shrine in their roles.

If they get demoted to TV, to me, it would just feel like the big boss Feige doesn't think they aren't deserving enough for the big screen.

I reckon they have very different narrative styles. So it’s not a hierarchy. Movies are good because they’re beginning, middle and end whereas tv can spend more time getting into the nitty gritty plus I don’t think xfactor necessarily needs a great big street fight type brawl as an ending anyway

A tv show would likely drag things out and things that they could do would be very limiting. Like even if we say X-Factor is gonna be small scaled/street level, and the characters don't need to travel across the world. But the action would likely be limited to fights in an alley, warehouse, a small studio room, a narrow street. Like I don't see them having a massive fight in a big street and have a hundreds of eXtras then have them chase each other in a middle of a busy street with cars and people passing by and everything. Can they feature a dozen of Jamie Madrox per episode? Will Siryn fly for every episode or that would be save for the pilot, midseason finale, season finale? Someone like Strong Guy needs to be CGI'ed.

And I'm saying this due to my eXperience watching Marvel live action tv shows. Yes they get more screentime, but the action, the spectacle, they aren't gonna go big for every episode as they will be limited to a TV budget. Then when it comes to the villains you'd be lucky to see a bunch of villains after a dozen of hours, you'd just see 1 or 2 villains in full glory and most of them are in casual clothes. How cinematic. Thats like just getting Scorpion for an entire season of a Spider-Man tv show. A lot of the episodes would be 70% to 90% talking andthat not because, they should be like that but because they don't have the budget to do an action sequence after an action sequence and that usually lead to things being dragged out and when you get to finally see the action, it feels restricted. Like they aren't something that would be done similarly in a blockbuster movie.

Last edited:
I'd use the teen characters, outside of Kitty and Jubilee, or some of those major younger characters, I don't see a lot of younger characters being utilized on film. I think New Mutants/Gen X/New X-Men/Young X-Men or whatever, the students at the school would work for streaming I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"