Disney's Lady and the Tramp

This feels like something that would've come out around the time of the live action 101 dalmatians.

Are Disney re-making Bedknobs & Broomsticks?

I've seen a poster on Facebook for it with Kate Winslet playing Angela Lansbury's Character & James Mcavoy playing the male lead.

Complete news to me if they are.

Wake me up when they finally do the Rescuers.

Safe to say we should also be expecting a Snow White remake soon?

This feels like something that would've come out around the time of the live action 101 dalmatians.

Probably, only this time I assume the dogs will be talking. And they're probably going to have some pop star flavor of the week cover "Bella Notte".

Hey, you guys think they'll still have the blatantly racist Siamese cat villains in this? :o

[YT]Ly_vxI4nllA[/YT]

The original is one of my absolute favorite Disney films, and I can't see how they can possible live up to it or make it work in live action.

Probably, only this time I assume the dogs will be talking. And they're probably going to have some pop star flavor of the week cover "Bella Notte".

Hey, you guys think they'll still have the blatantly racist Siamese cat villains in this? :o

[YT]Ly_vxI4nllA[/YT]

Live action remake with humans instead of animals. Rich woman dates a homeless man and the siamese scene will have actual people instead of cats.

Live action remake with humans instead of animals. Rich woman dates a homeless man and the siamese scene will have actual people instead of cats.

But they all still have to look like this
StalkingCat.jpg

Is that technically Furry? I say not.

they need to stop being lazy and get me my Little Mermaid adaption!

I wonder if we will eventually see an aristocats movie?

oh ffs we need live action remakes of every Disney cartoon?

As long as they keep making money, they'll keep churnin' 'em out!

I think some make sense. Those that are timeless stories that don't necessarily depend on the animation medium to work. Such as Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc. Not all of these end up being great, but you can at least see where it would work in live-action. And then there are the films like Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Fantasia, etc. which either are about animals or exist primarily as art for the animation medium. They make money so they will make money, but they are almost always terrible.

Lady and the Tramp was one of the more adult Disney films to begin with, so I expect it to be really watered down. It isn't exactly an action-packed adventure for the kids.

They saw Jungle Book and was like, let's run with that.

Since 2012 box office gross of original live action Disney produced movies are (exclude the Pirates movies)

2012: John Carter: 208M
2012: The Odd Life of Timothy Green: 56M
2013: The Long Ranger: 260M
2015: Tomorrowland: 209M

Not original movies but NOT based on Disney animation classic:
2013: Oz The Great and Powerful: 493M
2014: Into the Woods: 213M
2014: Muppets Most Wanted: 80M
2016: The BFG: 183M
2018: A Wrinkle in Time: 250M-350M (guestimate)

Movies based on Disney animations:
2014: Maleficent: 759M
2015: Cinderella: 543M
2016: Jungle Book: 967M
2016: Alice Through the Looking Glass: 299M
2016: Pete's Dragon: 144M
2017: Beauty and the Beast: 1.26B

You can clearly see what movies people want to see. Except Alice and Pete's Dragon which underperformed (for obvious reasons), all Disney animation remakes turn in very healthy profit.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Plus I’ve loved just about every adaption so why not!

Ozbridge said:
You can clearly see what movies people want to see. Except Alice and Pete's Dragon which underperformed (for obvious reasons), all Disney animation remakes turn in very healthy profit.

Oh, I know. Pete's Dragon shouldn't count either as the original was a live-action film anyways (it just had an animated dragon because CGI didn't exist back then). And even though a lot of them were mediocre at best (I think the only one that I would actually call "good" would be The Jungle Book), the properties they chose largely made sense. That's my main issue here. It is a romance film with dogs. It isn't even like 101 Dalmatians where it was a straight adventure/rescue film. These are characters we need to have a real emotional connection too beyond "they're cute." Want to do a live-action Aladdin? Makes perfect sense. Mulan? Go for it. Hunchback? Already a classic live-action film. But Lady and the Tramp?

Then again Babe worked so maybe they will surprise me.

Not sure Alice should count as well, since those movies had nothing in common with the cartoon apart from having the same source material. It wasn't a remake the way 'Beauty and the Beast' was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"