Disney's Lady and the Tramp

Oh, I know. Pete's Dragon shouldn't count either as the original was a live-action film anyways (it just had an animated dragon because CGI didn't exist back then). And even though a lot of them were mediocre at best (I think the only one that I would actually call "good" would be The Jungle Book), the properties they chose largely made sense. That's my main issue here. It is a romance film with dogs. It isn't even like 101 Dalmatians where it was a straight adventure/rescue film. These are characters we need to have a real emotional connection too beyond "they're cute." Want to do a live-action Aladdin? Makes perfect sense. Mulan? Go for it. Hunchback? Already a classic live-action film. But Lady and the Tramp?
Keep in mind that this movie is being made for Disney's upcoming streaming service... I could be wrong but I don't think it'll see a theatrical release.

Well. He certainly suits the role.

So just lady left? I bet they’re asking for Daisy Ridley

Keep in mind that this movie is being made for Disney's upcoming streaming service... I could be wrong but I don't think it'll see a theatrical release.

Which is so odd to me when their animated to live-action features are making major bank.

They probably don't believe a Lady and the Trump remake is worth releasing in theaters. Look, I'm very fond of the movie, but it's no Beauty and the Beast.

They probably don't believe a Lady and the Trump remake is worth releasing in theaters. Look, I'm very fond of the movie, but it's no Beauty and the Beast.

Fair, but that also will probably mean they'll cheap out on the CGI effects. Jungle Book this will not look.

I actually prefer Lady and the Tramp, although it is close. Adjusted for inflation Lady and the Tramp outgrossed Beauty and the Beast and is a beloved classic in its own right.

The real issue is that Beauty and the Beast is a very live-action friendly story and Lady and the Tramp isn't.

Interesting that this is for their new streaming service.

I'm kind of meh to the casting. No disrespect to the actors but I kind of think Matthew McConaughey would've been a good Tramp.

Or had Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. :shrug:

I just to see Theroux as a villain. Thompson is a little overrated.

I'm kind of meh to the casting. No disrespect to the actors but I kind of think Matthew McConaughey would've been a good Tramp.

An actor like McConaughey would inflate the budget, which is pretty much the opposite of what they want to do here by strictly releasing this on their streaming service only. They probably want to keep this as low budget as possible otherwise they'd release it theatrically.

As for Thompson being overrated? Them's fighting words.

HideousLimpIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

I just don't see her appeal really. I wasn't really sold on her "Valkyrie." Found her annoying in "Annihilation." Outside of "Creed", I haven't really been impressed by her.

Lady and the Tramp shouldn't have a villain. The rat sort of fills that role, but is more of an obstacle than an actual character. I'd much rather they restrain themselves from having a stereotypical traditional villain. The lack of one made the original more unique and refreshing.

It's probably going to be a big incentive for people joining. They know what they're doing here.
Yeah, I was thinking their initial rollout of it would just be old shows and movies. Nothing bigger like a live-action adaptation of their old animated films, which have all had theatrical releases first so far.

So today I learned that you can racebend a dog. Nice

Lady and the Tramp shouldn't have a villain. The rat sort of fills that role, but is more of an obstacle than an actual character. I'd much rather they restrain themselves from having a stereotypical traditional villain. The lack of one made the original more unique and refreshing.
I've always considered Aunt Sarah the antagonist of the story. She may not be a traditional Disney villain, but many of the bad things that happen in the movie are because of her.

God imagine how great it would be auditioning for that role.

“What makes you think you can have this role?”
“Well, I’ve been a mann my whole life”

Real dogs, huh? I assume they’ll be doing the Homeward Bound/Look Who’s Talking type of voiceover as opposed to the moving animated mouth kind like Cats and Dogs.

If it was theatrical they'd probably go with full cg

Exactly. This is the cheaper route. Otherwise they would’ve released it theatrically.

I wish this is heading to the cinemas... However this might be one of the first few original contents I'd watch on D+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"