Disney's Mary Poppins Returns

I don't even really care for Mary Poppins but I thought the teaser was good. Her descent from the sky with the music was awesome.

Even if they don't know who Mary Poppins is, they know who Lin-Manuel Miranda is. 'Hamilton' is huge.

I wasn’t trying to be insulting. I just haven’t seen the original since I was a kid. She’s still popular because she’s so ingrained in pop culture but if you asked me to remember what happened in the first movie I couldn’t tell you.

looks fan made up until we see her.

I cannot wait to see this, it looks so good! I can't wait for more wonder.

I wonder when we will see Julie pop up?

I thought Julie said she wasn’t involved.

This movie will rule Christmas. Probably the biggest Christmas opening if Aquaman doesn't take that spot.

This movie will rule Christmas. Probably the biggest Christmas opening if Aquaman doesn't take that spot.

That's a tough call considering Christmas is on a Tuesday this year. Sherlock Holmes is the current Christmas record holder with $62 million, and frankly it might still hang on to that because I can't see Aquaman making that much after the reaction to Justice League. Ditto with Bumblebee after Transformers 5.

Mary Poppins Returns could have if it weren't released on a Tuesday. Its first real weekend won't be until after Christmas.

It will be another Disney clear up for Christmas, not the same numbers I grant you, but it will be B&TB over again. Its got the 'family' appeal that none of it's competitive films have.

Por-que-Emily-Blunt-estaba-aterrorizada-antes-de-empezar-a-rodar-El-regreso-de-Mary-Poppins_portrait.jpg

Emily is a goddess and a chameleon.

Qmzv.gif

Sorry Scarjo, but that's Black Widow right there....

Maybe Marvel can give as a Black Widow movie and Emily can play an evil Black Widow who hasn't defected like Natasha? So evil BW vs good BW? But the fight scenes are going to look weird because Emily's taller than Scarjo.

MARY POPPINS RETURNS moves up from Dec. 25, 2018 to Dec. 19, 2018.

Mary Poppins vs Aquaman in same weekend?
Amm8HkG.jpg

Yeah. I actually have high hopes for Aquaman, wanting it to do well even if it doesn't do Wonder Woman type numbers, but...

Going up against a new Mary Poppins movie? Well, look at the giant brass balls on you, Warner Bros.

WB must be confident after the overwhelmingly positive response to Justice League.

Yeah, because Aquaman and Alita: Battle Angel totally expected Mary Poppins to move up a week. Anyway, I expect them to move since Disney loves to just cannibalize where it can. Plus, given that Aquaman already moved up elsewhere, it probably would in the States as well.

Two blockbusters can live in peace together.

I give you Avatar and Sherlock Holmes.

I give you I Am Legend and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I hate those respective franchise never crossed over.

That's gonna be a crowded weekend with Bumblebee opening two days after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"