Disney's Peter Pan and Wendy from David Lowry

I am so sick of Peter Pan. It is like Robin Hood. It has been done to death.

Given their recent success re-adapting Disney classics, they'll just keep making them because the brands sell and they seem to be making good movies out of them so why not? I'd prefer though if instead of these they can make high quality original content.

Got to remake all the classics in live action.

Aladdin is ripe for this. I just know it's coming. And ironically it will be the only movie as of late to not whitewash the cast, lol.

Meh Peter Pan. I dont know. I'm not that interested in it. I'm surprised after Pan they're still going for it. But i guess they can wait some years. Im sure already most of the general audience forgot about Pan

Aladdin is ripe for this. I just know it's coming. And ironically it will be the only movie as of late to not whitewash the cast, lol.

I was thinking why Disney hasn't done Aladdin yet and I thought of 2 reasons.

1) Williams death. I bet money that a live action has been going through consideration/talks, but we havent heard of them. And I bet they wanted Williams to return to do mocap or just the voice of the Genie.
2) I think Disney is scared to release a movie with a largely Middle Eastern cast
3) They're afraid of the backlash of whitewashing if they don't do a Middle Eastern

It's a shame they opted to go for a Malificent prequel instead of a proper Sleeping Beauty remake.

Really want the Prince Phillip vs Dragon Malificent in live action.

Meh Peter Pan. I dont know. I'm not that interested in it. I'm surprised after Pan they're still going for it. But i guess they can wait some years. Im sure already most of the general audience forgot about Pan

I was thinking why Disney hasn't done Aladdin yet and I thought of 2 reasons.

1) Williams death. I bet money that a live action has been going through consideration/talks, but we havent heard of them. And I bet they wanted Williams to return to do mocap or just the voice of the Genie.
2) I think Disney is scared to release a movie with a largely Middle Eastern cast
3) They're afraid of the backlash of whitewashing if they don't do a Middle Eastern

Pan came and went. Nobody will remember it because it sucked.

With Aladdin you're probably right. But hopefully Jungle Book helps it in a way where they have an Indian child actor carry a movie. I know it's more of a stretch given one could argue the celebrity voices of the animals helped, but Hollywood is so obsessed with brands at the moment, they should know by now the cast shouldn't matter. People love the story. I would love to see an all Middle Eastern cast in that movie. Not just the cast, but the world. Think of the production design. God, if Disney probably wasn't so scared to sell it, visually at least it could be the most gorgeous Disney film yet.

Pan came and went. Nobody will remember it because it sucked.

With Aladdin you're probably right. But hopefully Jungle Book helps it in a way where they have an Indian child actor carry a movie. I know it's more of a stretch given one could argue the celebrity voices of the animals helped, but Hollywood is so obsessed with brands at the moment, they should know by now the cast shouldn't matter. People love the story. I would love to see an all Middle Eastern cast in that movie. Not just the cast, but the world. Think of the production design. God, if Disney probably wasn't so scared to sell it, visually at least it could be the most gorgeous Disney film yet.

I agree

Im not honestly that interested in seeing many of these Disney live action adaptations. The only ones that really would interest me are Mulan (a Disney version) and Aladdin. Lots of potential with both.

If Lowery can do a twist on the Disney animated Peter Pan, similar to what his Pete's Dragon remake is shaping up to be, I'm all for it.

If the studio spends time developing it, I expect a spring 2018 or 2019 date for this film. Disney loves monopolizing spring for their fairy-tale movies.

I doubt it will be better than the 2003 movie. Make more money? Yeah. Better? Nu-Uh.
I really like the 2003 movie, and the score by James Newton Howard is great in that one.
I saw the animated Disney film again after defending it against claims of it being racist, and it actually is quite racist.
The live action adaption will be tamer and more considerate, but as it's already been said, it will cause a major backlash.

OMG just gimmie my Disneys The Little Mermaid!

This is also a chance for them to "apologize" to Native Americans for the stereotypical portrayals of them in the animated film and a chance to basically show WB up by not whitewashing Tiger Lily with their movie.

I feel like the 2003 movie was about as good as Peter Pan can get in live actions. I really enjoy that movie.

Looks like Disney wants to make live action versions of all their animated classics. Maybe they will get to the Zootopia-remake sometime Before 2050. Or something. :)

Looks like Disney wants to make live action versions of all their animated classics. Maybe they will get to the Zootopia-remake sometime Before 2050. Or something. :)
Live action Bambi has a higher priority.
CGI must not be involved, all practical effects, or it won't be live action. :o

Do you actually think this movie wont bomb? Haha ok then!
Disney showed promise with their live action Cinderella, and so far, their live action Jungle Book is showing promise.
If things continue progressing well, or progress better, these will be reasons to expect a better future for this version of Peter Pan. If it does bomb though, I will stop eating eggplants stuffed with scrambled eggs for a week.

:highfive:

That was a prequel, from another studio.
I guess that's the reason.

It was also a bad kid's movie posing as a major summer blockbuster via the trailers. They were focusing more on the fact Joe Wright, an otherwise good director, was directing it and were hiding the other fact that it was written by the moron who wrote Ice Age Continental Drift.

This live action remake will be half city and half Pirates of the Caribbean since Neverland is filled with pirates and fairies.

This live action remake will be half city and half Pirates of the Caribbean since Neverland is filled with pirates and fairies.

I think I've been to that place on the north side of Chicago. :o

A live action Aladdin film won't get made because that would force Disney to hire brown people :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"