Disney's The Nutcracker

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
The live action retelling of the famed Christmas tale.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms/

First images.

the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms-first-look.jpeg

the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms-first-look-1.png

Is it sad that I wanted this to be their next big animated feature? :(

Clicked this expecting the same thing. I am severely disappointed.

That's Keira Knightley?! She looks unrecognizable.

Clicked this expecting the same thing. I am severely disappointed.
This has been done filming since like early 2017. Been in development for much longer. We probably have another thread somewhere. :hehe:

Looking forward to this. I'm happy to see this live action. Casting Mackenzie Foy as Clara is freakin brilliant.

Uh, reminds me a lot of Alice in Wonderland... not a good sign.

I didn't even know this was being made.

All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift from her late mother. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy and featuring a special performance by Misty Copeland, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale. In theaters on Nov. 2, 2018.

They are doing some extensive reshoots for this, with Joe Johnston.

What the hell, this looks like Alice in Wonderland. It just looks like another glossy, calculated Disney movie.

I don't even recognize half the stuff in this trailer. Where were the rats?

who playing the nutcracker ? because i didnt see him or is the title only nutcracker with no nutcracker in the movie im confused

who playing the nutcracker ? because i didnt see him or is the title only nutcracker with no nutcracker in the movie im confused

That might be why they're doing the reshoots, to better integrate the titular character into the film.

Needs more grand divertissement:

Spanish Hot-Chocolate: Miguel Ángel Silvestre & Eiza González
Arabian Coffee: Haaz sleiman & Nazanin Boniadi
Chinese Tea: Philip Ng & Jing Tian
Russian Candy Canes: Sergei Polunin & Mila Kunis
Danish Marzipan: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau & Connie Nielsen

#hopefullynotinsensitiveethnicstereotypesbydisney

Last edited:
Just saw the trailer. Was disappointed.

Sorry to say this, but why must Disney ruin every beloved classic story?

First, they changed one of my favourite fairy tale "The Snow Queen" to "Frozen" and totally change the story. They turn the snow queen from a villain into Elsa and made her sister to Anna.

They get rid of the character Kai and turned Gerda into Anna.

All these changes just to make women and feminists happy.

The main characters are Anna and Elsa. And the rest of the male characters are either forgettable sidekicks or turn into villain.

To make matters worse, they create this male villain and named him "Hans" after the author of "The Snow Queen"(Hans Christian Anderson)!!! How insulting.

And now this "Nutcracker" movie. They totally change the story. Where is the nutcracker prince? Where is the rat king? Who is this Mother Ginger character? Why is Helen Mirren the villain of this movie?

Oh well, I'm skipping this.

This looks like a darker take on the story. There's something a bit Malificent-ish about this and more sinister. I don't know if this will appeal to people who are fans of the ballet.

All these changes just to make women and feminists happy.
...the male characters are either forgettable sidekicks or turn into villain.
Welcome to the new normal. And let's be real who is this made for.
And now this "Nutcracker" movie. They totally change the story. Where is the nutcracker prince? Where is the rat king? Who is this Mother Ginger character? Why is Helen Mirren the villain of this movie?

Oh well, I'm skipping this.
Yeah Disney changes "classics" OMG! The jealous evil queen was actually Snow White's real mother! Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio never wore Alpine Hat & Lederhosen! Changing classics is what they are known for. They built an empire on it.

You can always go back to watch the Macaulay Culkin version. :oldrazz:

MV5BNGY2MWJmY2UtMzUyOS00Mzc4LTgyMTMtNDFiN2VlOTRkMzYwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the new normal. And let's be real who is this made for.

Yeah Disney changes "classics" OMG! The jealous evil queen was actually Snow White's real mother! Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio never wore Alpine Hat & Lederhosen! Changing classics is what they are known for. They built an empire on it.

You can always go back to watch the Macaulay Culkin version. :oldrazz:

MV5BNGY2MWJmY2UtMzUyOS00Mzc4LTgyMTMtNDFiN2VlOTRkMzYwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg

Well, the fact that they are doing "significant" reshoots now is another reason this movie won't be good.

Will Joe Johnston receive a co-directing credit for this movie??

That ****ing owl knows something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"