Disney's The Nutcracker

Maybe but I don't even think it's worth the effort for them. This movie is probably going to tank even worse than A Wrinkle in Time even without any backlash against Freeman.

I don't understand the studio mentality of releasing Christmas-themed movies in the heart of Thanksgiving season. (Like Bad Moms Christmas coming out the first weekend in November last year.)

If Nutcracker doesn't have a good buzz going for it, it will be out of theaters before Christmas.

Needs more grand divertissement:

Spanish Hot-Chocolate: Miguel Ángel Silvestre & Eiza González
Arabian Coffee: Haaz sleiman & Nazanin Boniadi
Chinese Tea: Philip Ng & Jing Tian
Russian Candy Canes: Sergei Polunin & Mila Kunis
Danish Marzipan: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau & Connie Nielsen

#hopefullynotinsensitiveethnicstereotypesbydisney

Should have followed up with this, maybe for the Grand Divertissement sequel: :cwink:

DkF3A__UUAACYpz.jpg

So - is there a Nutcracker in this?

I don't know I assumed she gets one as a present.

8l4P8Fu.png

I thought he becomes this guy ^
Although he seems to be listed as Mouse King?

SAhUnKf.png

2fslxv.gif

If anything she seems to be the one dressed as or (embodying) the Nutcracker, which is an interesting (yet not surprising) contemporary twist on the story.

But I admit I don't know the story well enough.

IMDB lists: Maxamillian Hofgartner as Nutcracker / Toy Soldier ?

frame-a-short-film-by-maxamillian-hofgartner-mp4-00-02-20-11-still002.jpeg

[YT]b9w9j-2iwXU[/YT]

Last edited:
I don't understand the studio mentality of releasing Christmas-themed movies in the heart of Thanksgiving season. (Like Bad Moms Christmas coming out the first weekend in November last year.)

If Nutcracker doesn't have a good buzz going for it, it will be out of theaters before Christmas.

The reason they do this is so that they can be appreciated for being Christmas themed. The closer it comes out to Christmas Day, the less money it’ll possibly make. Once the 25th hits, Christmas is over. Prior to that day, people are soaking up Christmas related things like there’s no tomorrow. It’s silly but it’s what the big executives think about.

True. Home Alone, The Grinch, The Santa Clause, these all kept making money weekend after weekend up to Christmas. If your Christmas movie catches on, releasing it early November gets you even more money.

Is there gonna be any backlash to Morgan Freeman being in this?

Didn't that turn out to be a big ball of nothing? I think most have forgotten.

Should have followed up with this, maybe for the Grand Divertissement sequel: :cwink:

DkF3A__UUAACYpz.jpg

That's what we need, a Nutcracker shared cinematic universe. :o

Actually, the color scheme you got there makes me think it could end in an Infinity War style movie, with the Mouse King acquiring an Infinity Stone from each country to take over the universe.

med_1519237238_00032.jpg

"I will chew on an empty toilet paper roll and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe."

This looks fun. And it is visually stunning!

That's what we need, a Nutcracker shared cinematic universe. :o

Actually, the color scheme you got there makes me think it could end in an Infinity War style movie, ...
LOL! I didn't make this up, they are part of the story, I just cast them Disney Style. But I guess they could make their own Avengers Style team for the sequel LOL!

The Infiniti Gauntlet could be challenged by the Infinity-Layer-Cake once you collect all the Sweets?:funny:

Wikipedia said:
Act II Cast:
Sugar Plum Fairy
Spanish dancers (Chocolate)
Arabian dancers (Coffee)
Chinese dancers (Tea)
Russian dancers (Candy Canes)
Danish shepherdesses / (Marzipan)

ActII Scene 1: The Land of Sweets

Clara and the Prince travel to the beautiful Land of Sweets, ruled by the Sugar Plum Fairy....
In honor of the young heroine, a celebration of sweets from around the world is produced: chocolate from Spain, coffee from Arabia, tea from China,[28] and candy canes from Russia all dance for their amusement; Danish shepherdesses perform.....

with the Mouse King acquiring an Infinity Stone from each country to take over the universe.

"I will chew on an empty toilet paper roll and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe."

What! LOL! I guess Mother Ginger (I assume this his her?) and her terrifying minions Polichinelles army can team up with Thanos. :woot:

XJkIXBo.png

Last edited:
LOL! I didn't make this up, they are part of the story, I just cast them Disney Style. But I guess they could make their own Avengers Style team for the sequel LOL![/IMG]

Oh yes, I remember them from when I saw The Nutcracker as a kid. Even though I always tuned out after the mouse fight. :o

Yeah, that is a ruh roh.

I don't expect it to light anything on fire. Bohemian Rhapsody will probably beat it but Halloween will probably be top dog for a few weeks.

I'm amazed they got Misty Copeland, but it is Disney and I hope they paid her well.

I fully expect it to suck, and yet I am still excited for it. :funny:

Also funny to see Elizabeth and Darcy randomly in a film together again. :hehe:

Disney has been doing a surprising amount of advertising for it.

Featurettes:

Last edited:
You know how confident they must be to release the obvious holiday movie in October rather than Christmas... Mary Poppins be their contingency plan.

I don't know why I thought the lead chick was british. Mackenzie Foy....the name just says, "I'm from over there."

You know how confident they must be to release the obvious holiday movie in October rather than Christmas... Mary Poppins be their contingency plan.

Disney has a history of releasing their Holiday films in early November. Gives it more time to play through Thanksgiving and Christmas; 101 Dalmatians, A Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause etc

Grinch opens like a week later to boot.

So it's a Hollywood sickness .

I fully expect it to suck, and yet I am still excited for it. :funny:

Also funny to see Elizabeth and Darcy randomly in a film together again. :hehe:

I know that it looks like it's gonna suck, but Disney usually releases obviously trashy cash grabs during Memorial Day (PotC, Alice), not near Thanksgiving.

Though this year their schedule is a bit off, probably due to Solo. Usually in the last quarter they have a Christmas and a Thanksgiving movie, plus occasionally a Marvel movie in early November. I expected Nutcracker to be in Memorial Day 2019.

Maybe Disney wants to shake up their schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"