Divorce....Alliance/Horde Style

I'm not, I know someone who is though. She is basically ruining her life and gets defensive when anyone calls her on it.

At this point I've adopted the outlook of letting her burn.

It's kind of her fault too. She can't keep her husband from playing computer games?

This is a pretty ignorant comment to be making. :wow: I don't think it is fair to blame her at all when it comes to addictions. That's like blaming someone for not being able to stop an alcoholic.

:down

I wouldnt blame her, but now she is coming off like the whole of the gamer nation is beneath her.....some nice guy might come along, might be a gamer and she will pass him by and end up with some Bro-dude

This is a pretty ignorant comment to be making. :wow: I don't think it is fair to blame her at all when it comes to addictions. That's like blaming someone for not being able to stop an alcoholic.

:down

For someone who has dealt with alcoholics its pretty ignorant to relate computer gaming to that kind of disease. :down

I was joking when I made that staement, guess it wasn't obvious enough. But bottom line is, it takes two to make a marriage work, and two to let a marriage fail. It didn't really sound like she tried too hard to get him to stop playing the game. It sounded more like she griped about it, tried to comprimise and failed. Then gave up. If they've known each other for so long, and their marriage ends in less than a year...

Its pretty ridiculous.

For someone who has dealt with alcoholics its pretty ignorant to relate computer gaming to that kind of disease. :down

I was joking when I made that staement, guess it wasn't obvious enough. But bottom line is, it takes two to make a marriage work, and two to let a marriage fail. It didn't really sound like she tried too hard to get him to stop playing the game. It sounded more like she griped about it, tried to comprimise and failed. Then gave up. If they've known each other for so long, and their marriage ends in less than a year...

Its pretty ridiculous.

Alcoholism isn't a disease. If you want to call addiction a disease, fine. But people don't call smoking a disease, or anything else you do to yourself.

I think something like that is really up to interpretation.

Its pretty ridiculous.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet, nobody's fault for the misunderstanding. ;)

That being said, an addiction is an addiction. There is no scale to judge which is the worst or which is more crippling. Some end with friendships and relationships intact; some end with divorces and the severing of ties between people that were once close. None of them are very pretty for the people involved and I wouldn't wish the experience of dealing with it on my worst enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"