Do You Fear God?

apparently, not many people believe in the nonsense.

I do believe he exists but the fear is weak in my heart.

ookami said:
See you always do what I say or suggest lol
Now go slap anyone who asks stupid questions:up:
Okay.

daleadil said:
I do believe he exists but the fear is weak in my heart.
SLAP!

Oops. That wasn't a question.

I do believe in some greater force, but not the Judeo/Christian God, and I sure as hell don't fear him/her.

The Riddler said:
apparently, not many people believe in the nonsense.
and you derived this conclusion from 3 out of 9 votes?

I fear nothing but the big spider that lives behind my toilet.

I have a question whats with all the christian hate, I just I come in the threads and see people make comments showing they don't respect the religion at all, I am not saying that christianity is better than any other religion, but its one thing to not believe, and show respect for those that do, and another thing to be just disrespectful, I mean, I respect everyones beliefs, but I don't understand whats so hard for everyone else to understand about mine?

Spider-Bite said:
yeah technically according to the bible he's the worse religous extremist terrorist of all time. Remember the "great" flood?

and not only that, but he's all into torture punishments as well with his fire and brimstone, punishing and rewarding people for which creed they choose.

Isn't that our whole problem with the middle east? Apparently American's God has the same mindset as Osama Bin Laden.

You have my sympathies if thats how you believe, but the great flood was punishment, not terroristic, when man spurned gods love, God found only one family that had stuck to his teachings, so he saved that family and the rest were wiped away, as punishment, by the flood he was proving that he is still here, whether they choose to believe in him or not, I personally thought the hurricanes were a sign, but someone will chalk it up to global warming, but I don't believe that, I believe god, provides us with reminders from time to time, I mean the hurricane seems like a punishment to me, and now I am waiting for an earthquake that wipes California and Nevada off the map. These are just my opinons though and take them as nothing other than that.

I am not familiar with god being big on torture, I know he was big on punishment, but I am pretty sure that torture fire and brim stone was all lucifers handywork.

No, because his Son sacrificed himself for my sins, my God is not the vengeful God of the old testament.

Okay, for those who mentioned the old testament vengance stuff:

Most of the bible, especially the old testament, is metaphore. Or, historical facts that were exagerated over the years. Not meant to be taken 100% literally.

Well I believe in God,and the only thing that scares me is...

Kevin-Spacey---The-Usual-Suspects--C10103883.jpeg

I fear no one.

XwolverineX. Thats exactly what I feel the bible is. Just a storybook. No different from the Odyssey or the 3 little pigs.

Yes, but not for the reason you gave. God doesnt control anyone. We have free will. I just dont want to be roasting for eternity. :)

S_H_F_4839 said:
I have a question whats with all the christian hate, I just I come in the threads and see people make comments showing they don't respect the religion at all, I am not saying that christianity is better than any other religion, but its one thing to not believe, and show respect for those that do, and another thing to be just disrespectful, I mean, I respect everyones beliefs, but I don't understand whats so hard for everyone else to understand about mine?

Well I voted I don't believe in God. But it wasn't like I singled out Christianity more than any other religion.

I think all religion is superstition personally.

S_H_F_4839 said:
You have my sympathies if thats how you believe, but the great flood was punishment, not terroristic, when man spurned gods love, God found only one family that had stuck to his teachings, so he saved that family and the rest were wiped away, as punishment, by the flood he was proving that he is still here, whether they choose to believe in him or not, I personally thought the hurricanes were a sign, but someone will chalk it up to global warming, but I don't believe that, I believe god, provides us with reminders from time to time, I mean the hurricane seems like a punishment to me, and now I am waiting for an earthquake that wipes California and Nevada off the map. These are just my opinons though and take them as nothing other than that.

I am not familiar with god being big on torture, I know he was big on punishment, but I am pretty sure that torture fire and brim stone was all lucifers handywork.

AL Quida has the same excuses. and I plan to move to Nevada. funny.

you fail to realize that what people choose to do with their own lives is not justifably punishable by anybody.

The "God" of the Bible, IMO, is nothing more than a fictional mythological character, so NO, I'm not afraid of a fairy tale. His insane and violent followers, however, I find to be quite disturbing. :eek:

Your poll is kind of stupid. I believe in God but I do not fear him. He cannot control my life or my destiny. God gave me free will, he gave me the choice to either believe in him or not.

Spider-Bite said:
AL Quida has the same excuses. and I plan to move to Nevada. funny.

you fail to realize that what people choose to do with their own lives is not justifably punishable by anybody.

I am not arguing about it, I choose to believe, if you don't thats your choice as well, and in my opinion, I don't see god as just anybody.

I'm not voting until there's a third option

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you."-George Carlin

And now over to me...

Okay, God loves you...but you're supposed to fear him. What's up with that? Seems a bit parodoxical to me.

KingOfDreams said:
Okay, God loves you...but you're supposed to fear him. What's up with that? Seems a bit parodoxical to me.
Not fear in the sense of being scared witless. 'Fear' in this sense is more akin to respect, as one would 'fear' an authoritative figure.

Cops are generally good people. They're there to protect. There's no cause to be afraid of cops. But you respect their authority and, no matter how good they are, they will take you to task if you don't toe the line. It's that kind of 'fear'.

I get it, though I've never equated the word "fear" with "respect." Still, that's not a very positive term to use especially if it truly means respect. Well, maybe to some it does but there are many Christians who use fear (as in fear) of God to manipulate others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"