Do You Floss Your Teeth Regularly?

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
I didn't used to (don't judge me) because I figured good brushing and mouthwash was enough. But then I started to after my dentist told me that mouthwash was a marketing ploy and basically just deodorant for the mouth.

So now I do just about every night.

I didn't for a long time. Heck I didn't take care of my teeth at all for a very long time when I was a teen. I very very much regret that now.

I brush often, but haven't even been to the dentist in 10 years.

Well I recently dropped $1,500 at the dentist so you can bet your sweet ass I'm flossing now. I don't always remember but I try. Flossing is even more important than brushing IMO. I never want to have to go through as much dental work as I had done recently ever again.

yes, but I don't use the traditional floss I use the plackards.

It's best for your teeth if you use traditional though.

I brush twice a day and floss at night before bed.

I don't floss, but I go to the dentist once a year and I'm always good.

I brush every day but have slacked on the flossing. But I go to the dentist twice a year and my teeth have always been good.

I floss at night every day because I have to. Or at least that's what the dentist said and my appointments with her have gone better since I started doing it.

Yes, I have too, I brush my teeth 3 times a day, I produce a shed load of saliva which produces a lot a potential build up so I floss as much as possible.

I sure do now a days. After my 3 dentist visits in September to purge the periodontal disease I had, I don't go more than a day without flossing. If I don't do it at night before bed, like usual, I will do it in the morning. I also frequently use a gum stimulator and proxabrush.

That sucks about mouthwash though. So it really doesn't aid in anything?

Warhammer, I hate you now. About an hour after posting that part of one of my molars cracked off, which is already kind of messed up, and got stuck in my throat. I blame you for this.

Unfortunately I have to say that I don't floss unless i have something stuck between my teeth. However, I brush twice daily and get a cleaning at the dentist twice a year. I feel that brushing is really cleaning my teeth, I guess flossing is good but I don't feel any different when I do it.

Mostly, I wanted to say the responses in this thread are restoring my faith that humanity is mostly good. I guess cleanliness is next to Godliness.

The shower thread was giving me shudders...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=492187

and I don't want to know who doesn't wash their hands after certain bathroom activities. I'm telling myself you all scrub for 30 seconds. :yay:

Warhammer, I hate you now. About an hour after posting that part of one of my molars cracked off, which is already kind of messed up, and got stuck in my throat. I blame you for this.

You're so welcome.

:fhm:

That sucks about mouthwash though. So it really doesn't aid in anything?

From what I hear, yes. I've seen it on Reddit too.

Mouthwash is good if you get the one with a lot of fluoride. That antiseptic one doesnt really do much

There are competing voices among the medical community as to whether bad oral hygiene leads to more serious health problems. It's always made sense to me that plaque and other germs in the mouth can invade the bloodstream and exacerbate, if not directly cause, other issues. Thus, I brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily. It only takes a few minutes, so it's hardly an inconvenience.

How often is regularly? I floss like 3 times a week. I used to floss like once a month though lol. I hate flossing because no matter how much I floss or don't my gums are always sore when I floss.

How often is regularly? I floss like 3 times a week. I used to floss like once a month though lol. I hate flossing because no matter how much I floss or don't my gums are always sore when I floss.

You might have a mild gum disease. Just floss and your gums will get used to it. Once a night for one week straight.

There are competing voices among the medical community as to whether bad oral hygiene leads to more serious health problems. It's always made sense to me that plaque and other germs in the mouth can invade the bloodstream and exacerbate, if not directly cause, other issues. Thus, I brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily. It only takes a few minutes, so it's hardly an inconvenience.

I have a friend who is in dental school who told me the same. It makes sense. It's honestly a Pascal's Wager type of deal. If you believe that bad oral hygiene will cause other health issues, protect your mouth. If it bad oral hygiene doesn't cause other health issues, you have nothing to lose.

So basically, I don't f*** with it.

I floss my teeth every time I go to sleep. I'm really obsessed with my dental health and I use only natural rinsers and other teeth care products because natural is always better. I even have a bamboo toothbrush instead of the plastic one. A good way of reducing the usage of plastic and to avoid plastic pollution.

Evryday, everytime...

1345123285998_8945783.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"