Arrow Do you like Olicity?

Olicity? No. It's dragged down the quality of the show this entire season so far. (I'm mostly referring to the suggestions toward it in the show since obviously Felicity and Ray have been together)

Felicity was once one of my favorite characters on the show. Now it just seems she exists purely for relationship drama.

Also, I feel like lot of people are dismissing/ignoring/failing to recognize that the Dinah/Ollie relationship had just as much baggage to their relationship in the comics.

BC/GA were always an on-again/off-again thing with plenty of interpersonal conflicts and drama until GA popped the question and even after that there were still problems.

I stand firmly in the camp that Green Arrow and Black Canary should always be a thing, not unlike Superman/Lois (I absolutely despise the Supes/WW pairing. It's so unnecessary and forced down our throats), Hal/Carol, Barry/Iris, Wally/Linda, etc.

These are relationships that are as iconic as the characters themselves

I feel for Olicity much the same way I feel about Supes/WW.

The funny thing is, the producers agree on how iconic Dinah and Oliver are:

Arrow: Andrew Kreisberg Talks About The State Of Oliver & Laurel

Kreisberg appealed to the iconic comic book pairing as being like “Lois and Clark” – “they can break up, get together, sleep together, break up, get married, get divorced, she forgives him,” he points out… but he did admit that with the success of the show, “Lauriver” is one of those things that they can take their time on.

“Having Oliver and Laurel get together in Season 1 was what people needed then, but then they needed them to go on a break, so Oliver can have his storyline with Sara for this season, which is what felt right to us. He has women in his life. He has Laurel, he has Felicity… Helena’s doing a 10-to-20 stretch… so I think that Laurel will always be one of the closest people to him, whether that’s romantic or not,” Andrew continued.

Kreisberg is well aware that some fans have questioned decisions and the sanity of the folks bringing Arrow to life, and that inevitably, some fans will be upset, but there is a plan. “I think that a lot of the things that we have done, have been leading up to what we’re doing in the finale, and then moving that forward to Season 3,” he said.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-andrew-kreisberg-talks-about-the-state-of-oliver-laurel/16823

The problem is many people can't accept Laurel being with Oliver after he slept with her sister, which is understandable, but stranger things have happened so...
Now, if Oliver and Felicity become a stable couple for a while, then Laurel will have to be with someone else, she's not going to remain single for long. But if the producers really feel Laurel & Oliver are like Lois & Clark, then something must break up Oliver and Felicity, like she wanting a normal life, a family, but maybe Oliver doesn't want to have kids or stop being Green Arrow... they don't have to kill Felicity off for it to happen nor have him sleeping around again, that would be the easy way out.

Felicity has more in common with Ray or Barry, it doesn't make sense for her to choose someone with so many issues like Oliver.

Not many people want a male/female version of themselves, there is a reason that the saying "opposites attract" is one of the most well known in the world, it's because it's true.

Olicity? No. It's dragged down the quality of the show this entire season so far. (I'm mostly referring to the suggestions toward it in the show since obviously Felicity and Ray have been together)

Felicity was once one of my favorite characters on the show. Now it just seems she exists purely for relationship drama.

Also, I feel like lot of people are dismissing/ignoring/failing to recognize that the Dinah/Ollie relationship had just as much baggage to their relationship in the comics.

BC/GA were always an on-again/off-again thing with plenty of interpersonal conflicts and drama until GA popped the question and even after that there were still problems.

I stand firmly in the camp that Green Arrow and Black Canary should always be a thing, not unlike Superman/Lois (I absolutely despise the Supes/WW pairing. It's so unnecessary and forced down our throats), Hal/Carol, Barry/Iris, Wally/Linda, etc.

These are relationships that are as iconic as the characters themselves

I feel for Olicity much the same way I feel about Supes/WW.

The big difference is that in live action you need actors to have chemistry to make an onscreen relationship work, and Amell has precisely zero with Cassidy, hence why it doesn't work.

Their chemistry is non existent because there's a massive emotional distance between the two.

The final hospital scene in the last episode would have still been the most disingenuous moment in an episode with a scene of Slade Wilson offering to mediate Ra's and Ollie's issues while serving tea and biscuits.

Their chemistry is non existent because there's a massive emotional distance between the two.

The final hospital scene in the last episode would have still been the most disingenuous moment in an episode with a scene of Slade Wilson offering to mediate Ra's and Ollie's issues while serving tea and biscuits.

Chemistry has nothing to do with that, it's a connection that is organic, at any rate man, you're my dude and on action movies it's all gravy, here there's a massive distance between you and I so I'm just gonna leave it at that as I don't actually understand the second paragraph in truth.

Essentially, the conversation she had with her mum right after she injected nanobots into Ray's head just did not feel genuine whatsoever.

And I just happen to think this whole thing is a story thread that takes away from far more pressing matters.

Essentially, the conversation she had with her mum right after she injected nanobots into Ray's head just did not feel genuine whatsoever.

And I just happen to think this whole thing is a story thread that takes away from far more pressing matters.

It felt to me like her Mom told her the truth she was trying not to admit to herself, which she needed to hear, Ray's her buddy and a good dude, but that's pretty much it.

I've said my piece though mate, I really don't understand this section at all these days and The Flash one is heading the same way, I think I'm gonna camp out with C. Lee, I'm in Murtaugh country nowadays. ;)

You want to know Murtaugh country? I'm taking a small hiatus from the workforce after 14 years non stop and I sent the first few weeks barely able to move!

I keep meaning to hang out in The Flash threads too, the funny thing is, I actually love what they're doing with Iris and Barry, because we all went through that kind of stuff in our late teens and breaking into our 20's. The whole show is running on all cylinders and "Harrison Wells" is one of TV's most fascinating villains.

You want to know Murtaugh country? I'm taking a small hiatus from the workforce after 14 years non stop and I sent the first few weeks barely able to move!

I keep meaning to hang out in The Flash threads too, the funny thing is, I actually love what they're doing with Iris and Barry, because we all went through that kind of stuff in our late teens and breaking into our 20's. The whole show is running on all cylinders and "Harrison Wells" is one of TV's most fascinating villains.

Sorry to hear that man, hope things pick up for you. :up:

Word to the wise, steer clear of The Flash threads if you like what they are doing with Barry & Iris, it's even more filled with whining and hatred than this section when it comes to this topic.

I'm hoping to see John Wick this weekend so we should be back on common ground in a day or 2. :D

Weird thing is it actually seems the oppposite in real life

Amell and Cassidy seem to have chemistry when they've appeared together at cons and panels. Whereas Amell and Rickards don't seem to have any. They did this interview at comic con with one of the TV blog sites and when I watched it came off as they had no interest in being around each other. Well at least IMHO.

I just think it has a lot to do with the characters and how theyve been written. First scene Oliver and Laurel had together where Laurel was just cold as ice to Oliver and basically wished he had stayed dead. I think it set a tone in people's subconscious.

Last edited:

Amell and Cassidy seem to have chemistry when they've appeared together at cons and panels. Whereas Amell and Rickards don't seem to have any. They did this interview at comic con with one of the TV blog sites and when I watched it came off as they had no interest in being around each other. Well at least IMHO.

I just think it has a lot to do with the characters and how theyve been written. First scene Oliver and Laurel had together where Laurel was just cold as ice to Oliver and basically wished he had stayed dead. I think it set a tone in people's subconscious.

I don't really see any chemistry with Oliver and Felicity. They had a good friend chemistry seasons 1 and 2. Everything this season has felt very forced.

Even with the terrible writing you could tell Oliver really cared for Laurel. The speech she gave him when she found out he was the Arrow was great. And you could feel that their was a deep connection there. It sucks they've mostly left them apart since then, except for him being mad she's the canary. Just to re-build their friendship.

I don't really see any chemistry with Oliver and Felicity. They had a good friend chemistry seasons 1 and 2. Everything this season has felt very forced.

Even with the terrible writing you could tell Oliver really cared for Laurel. The speech she gave him when she found out he was the Arrow was great. And you could feel that their was a deep connection there. It sucks they've mostly left them apart since then, except for him being mad she's the canary. Just to re-build their friendship.

I do think that has something to do with the perceived chemistry between Oliver and Felicity. They have a good friendship chemistry which then shippers began to go crazy which the writers then placated to. But the friend chemistry just hasn't translated to love chemistry and it has kind of ruined Felicity as a character. The best thing to do would have been to nip it in the bud and them both agree it just wouldn't work.

I agree with you there completely. I do not think the "lack" of chemistry between Laurel and Oliver is as bad as people say it is (they have had scenes where there was good chemistry between the two when that was the intention of the scene, but there have not been too many of them where there was supposed to be chemistry), I just think it is down to Laurel being written as being cold towards Oliver a lot of the time (cold towards Oliver at first due to the whole Sara "dying on the shipwreck thing" and him cheating on her, her being cold towards "The Vigilante" blaming him for Tommy's death, her being cold towards Oliver again when she was in court with Oliver's mother trying to get her put in jail and then this season when Oliver refused to get vengeance for Sara by not killing Malcolm and preventing Nyssa from doing so, when Oliver did not allow her to get "vengeance" by killing Komodo and also when Oliver tried to stop her from suiting up and fighting crime as the Black Canary. As you can see, there has been a lot of moments of tension between them and not much actual bonding or scenes to allow them to actually grow closer as characters and show some chemistry with each other. The writers probably have not wanted them to have ever become too close with each other. During some of their more light-hearted scenes they have shown chemistry and the potential to be able to get very close to each other IMO.

Last edited:
^^ Agreed, Cassidy and Amell have good chemistry, you can tell by just watching the best Laurel/Oliver scenes. Oliver also has chemistry with Felicity, Thea, Diggle... the cast gets along in real life and it shows on screen.

Lets not forget how some fans used to say Tom Welling and Erica Durance didn't have chemistry when it wasn't the case either, their Clark and Lois were great together, but Clark & Lana shippers and others were not happy of course.

Saw the poll results, started reading expecting Olicity bashing. Instead saw "shippers" arguing which ship is better. Guys please, *in Ryan Gosling's voice" you are better than Tumblr.

cBiAOFl.gif

Whooty.

Yeah I have always thought a big part of people not feeling Oliver/Laurel and the whole chemistry thing is because majority of their scenes together were uber serious with Laurel trying to be mad at Oliver and Oliver not wanting Laurel to know his secret. That is why if they were to get back togther, I would be interested to see how they are when it is the opposite. Laurel knows his secret, she isn't cursing his name, he doesn't have to hide anything from her, I would want to see them happy and playing off one another like Amell/Cassidy do outside of the show.

It is the exact opposite of what Oliver/Felicity were able to do with one another for majority of the series.

I think that Laurel and Oliver eventually have a relationship like the one Mike Grell wrote for them in the comics. Kind of like Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl at the beginning of The Incredibles.

What is "shippers" It's not a term I'm familiar with.

Yes I like it, it's like Lois & Clark 90 TV show, you know they love each other, the characters know it but for the sake of drama they can't be together.

Oliver and Felicity have no chemistry, if anything, their scenes together look cringe worthy.

What is "shippers" It's not a term I'm familiar with.

A "shipper" is a person viewer or Reader who likes a particular relationship! like I "shipped" Hawkgirl and John Stewart! ( i liked that one!) and hahah i learned long ago not to ask too many questions on the internet! guys are waiting to unleash their comedy routines! i just google ^&*( when i dont know what it is! like what the F^&*( does "NSFW" meant!( it took me forever to figure that one out!
where do you guys come up with this stuff?!

that chick is bonda fide HOTNESS!!( i kinda like her mom better!) but when it come to selling me a Romantic scene with ANYBODY!.. her acting is Zlich!
she just needs to stay as Ollie's "Oracle"/ hacker/ intell person and skip that romantic Bull&*(!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"