Do you like the Abominations new look?

Wow,all these ridiculous judgments based on a low quality snapshot of,not the actual character in scene,but an ad for the action figure.

Wow,all these ridiculous judgments based on a low quality snapshot of,not the actual character in scene,but an ad for the action figure.
Now were not allowed to voice our opinion. Maybe if there's a loud enough roar they will tweak the character & make him look more like he should.

Im not really digging the look. He looks like Grendel from Beowulf on steroids. Its a cool design for a monster but it looks NOTHING like abdomination. At least give him the ears.

But I voted undecided. Its a toy picture and I'm hoping it looks much better in the film. Over all its not a bad look just not what Im looking for.

Now were not allowed to voice our opinion. Maybe if there's a loud enough roar they will tweak the character & make him look more like he should.

He didn't say that. He said what we saw isn't clear enough and not enough information to base a rational opionion on.

Dont like it. Other than his feet, it doesnt resemble the comic character at all.

Tie in the fact that they've completely changed his back-story as well, (and please dont give me that "the cold war is over" crap... if you think espionage and sabotage is a thing of the past, you're crazy), and basically you have a completely different character.

AINO. :down
well said.
My only question is WHY?

They don't REALLY think this is BETTER do they?
so why?

well said.
My only question is WHY?

They don't REALLY think this is BETTER do they?
so why?

Man I wonder if paleontologists were this ticked when Jurassic Park made Velociraptors 6 feet tall rather than the size of a chicken like they actually were. :oldrazz:

It's not horrible
but i will reseve judgement until a better pic or footage is shown

1866_4_000195.jpg

This is the Abomination. Accept no sunstitutes!

All they had to do was copy this.

Abomination.gif

It seems like they couldn't come up with an idea on the look so they are copying the Evil Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I wish i could find a better picture.

lxgjekyll.jpg

Exactly what i was thinking. :csad:

I would say yes,so far. It's better than the stupid thing they went with in The Hulk.

Voted undecided just because it was lame to arbitrarily change your poll for no reason :down:

Voted undecided just because it was lame to arbitrarily change your poll for no reason :down:

I didn't change it. I can't believe someone else was able to! then you give them your vote. my poll is ruined as far as i'm concerned.

Where's the elongated ears? Where are the scales? The fangs?

Maybe too early to tell, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. It looks like a corpse hulk. It really is abominable, but not in they way they were likely intending.

Maybe live action will be more interesting, and I can see how they might want to make him look more grotesque so he fits his name, but c'mon. A few simple indicators of the classic abomination would help, no?

I didn't change it. I can't believe someone else was able to! then you give them your vote. my poll is ruined as far as i'm concerned.

I know, my "undecided" is in protest to whatever lame mod took it upon themselves to change your poll for no good reason.

If I didn't know the character history, it would be impossible to see that The Abomination has been exposed to gamma radiation, since he's brown. It's just wrong.

To be fair, I think it's kind of irresponsible of Marvel Studios to let such a low quality image to leak out in the first place. They should've realesed some promo pics before ever sending out ads for the toys.

Any-hoo. I don't know how I feel about the pic but I am leaning towards liking it because it looks like such a comic book-ish surreal type villain. And it sure is betetr than mutated poodles. :) Also, I don't think he looks frail at all, in fact he looks pretty solid compared to the fleshy pudgy Hulk. :)

Marvel is risking alot yet again, and once again letting the director alter their property. They allowed Ang to alter the Hulk and sculpt it to his own liking and look what happened. Now they have let LL alter an iconic Hulk villan. You'd think that they want to plz the fans this time around, after all, if Hulk really was a success in the first place, this re-boot wouldn't be happening; now would it?

I think Avi Arad has a problem saying "No" to ppl that want to make unnecessary changes.. :down

It seems like they couldn't come up with an idea on the look so they are copying the Evil Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I wish i could find a better picture.

lxgjekyll.jpg

Yeah, that was "Dante" I believed he was called.

I voted no. They stayed true with the Hulk, how the hell did Marvel sign off on that design? They redesigned the Abomination for the Hulk:Red bi-monthly series and made him look more Reptile like, then they make him look like Madman in the movie. It makes no sence.

And to the guy above who said the Abomination didn't have an iconic look.... *smack*!!!

Heh, yeah another one for those so called life long hulk fans who are working on the film and no what they are doing...

So far apart from evidence that the hulk isn't growing, this film has actually no more ties with the comics than ang lee's version.

different origin
tv series motivations
different abomination
heck emil is not even going to be profoundly russian

hehe, Goooooooooo MARVEL!!!!!!!!

As more information unfolds, I can't help but laugh at all those who preached about how this new hulk film was going to be the genuine article 'accurate to the comics' that would make ang's look terrible

It's just another director taking as much artistic license and people are eating it all up...

I bet the only reason they aren't releasing any footage is because they realise that they can't cover the pretence up any longer.

I can't wait

Heh, yeah another one for those so called life long hulk fans who are working on the film and no what they are doing...

So far apart from evidence that the hulk isn't growing, this film has actually no more ties with the comics than ang lee's version.

different origin
tv series motivations
different abomination
heck emil is not even going to be profoundly russian

hehe, Goooooooooo MARVEL!!!!!!!!

As more information unfolds, I can't help but laugh at all those who preached about how this new hulk film was going to be the genuine article 'accurate to the comics' that would make ang's look terrible

It's just another director taking as much artistic license and people are eating it all up...

I bet the only reason they aren't releasing any footage is because they realise that they can't cover the pretence up any longer.

I can't wait

But its closer to the Ultimate univers ... so :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"