Do you like The Dark Knight?

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Solid, Oct 29, 2021.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

98.0%
  2. No

2.0%
  1. Solid Registered

[​IMG]

Just like SM2 thread. What do make of the film after 13 years of it's release?

Great, masterpiece, good, bad. Just share your thoughts and if you like the film

2. Boom I got nothin'

It's a great movie and I would regard it as a classic, but it doesn't quite hit the "masterpiece" mark.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  3. MasterBoss Registered

Awesome movie. Classic of the genre.

4. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Greatest CBM of all time, and all around great movie.

So that's a yes.

5. super85 Registered

I Love it. Just like the rest of Nolans Batman films.

6. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

7. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

It's a masterpiece in the genre, in my opinion. It changed CBM's forever, so yeah you could say I love it.

#7 Gothamsknight, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    Awest66, Frodo and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  8. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

Hell yeah I love The Dark Knight

[​IMG]

9. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Ties with Batman Returns as my favourite Batman film, and my favourite CBM overall.

10. Bruce Wayne obligatory anime seizure attack!

Sure, why not.

11. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

the viral marketing campaign tho

Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  12. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Yep. Best Batman film and one of the best in the genre. Some would say THE best. It’s definitely in my top 3.

13. Mandon Knight We did it......

Yes, but Batman Begins is a superior film, for me.

Herofan, Steyin and HarveyHarris like this.
  14. MbJ Registered

Currently my third favorite Batman movie. A true classic of the genre.

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

A really good Batman movie but it's seemed also to be overestimated by the masses. It has a magnificent performance by Ledger as it's most magnetic character who is also the main antogonist and it carries a lot of the weight of that film but other aspects are not "masterpeice" level IMHO or at least other aspects that garner so much praise.

The "politics" of the movie, which at the time, during the Bush admin., were centered on the War On Terror, actually don't say much about anything in the end. Voices from both sides claimed the film was bolstering their arguments and many would point out that Nolan constructed something that was masterful in that "Both Sides" could see their points but... I don't know... Seems more like if that was the intention, even if it wasn't, then you have something that's actually not saying anything at all.

Then there is the well litigated around here's points about how despite lamp shading Batman's "No Kill Code" as that actually plays out in the film(s) that gee... There's a lot of dead people Batman in some way shape or form has a hand in making dead, even if it's not exactly cold blooded murder.

The stuff with Harvey seems like it is tacked on just to have the Hunted Batman ending and I'm sorry but none of that passes the smell test. For all the plaudits of realism Nolan got... No, there're zero realism in a man who suffered enough burn damage to show his ****ing bones underneath to be up and walking around and commiting murder when he should be unable to stand much less roam around the city on a killing spree. There's no reason why Dent's prosecutions would be overturned either. The office of the DA would continue to put those waiting for trial ON trial. This is just not how these things work.

Lastly, a rather large part of Batman's story in the film surrounds how he is looking to get out and bring Rachel into his life and... You didn't care about Rachel when she was played by Katie Holmes and you didn't care about her choice when played by Maggie. The Bruce/Rachel thing didn't connect with me at any time so making it so big in regards to Batman's character and his motivations meant I was lacking in any investment in either the relationship or frankly, in the ultimate fate of Rachel the character.

Is it still one of the best realizations of what Batman could be in live action? Absolutely. It on multiple levels as they say, raised the bar on many fronts as to what a CBM could be and that is no small thing but the sort of "Greatest Movie Of All Time" category it goes in feels forced to me to say the least.

16. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

It's not for me.

Ledger was great but overall I'd rather watch Infinity War, Into the Spider-verse, Batman 89 and two dozen other CBM's.

Axl Van Sixx, Zarex and KRYPTON INC. like this.
  17. HarveyHarris Registered

It just doesn't connect with me. I can look at it and say Ledger, Bale and Eckhart are fantastic, it has some truly iconic scenes, the Prewitt siege is possibly my favourite Batman action sequence..... yet I struggle to sit through the film in it's entirety.

18. titansupes Registered

Masterpiece. Instantly became my favourite movie when I first saw it in 2008 and remains so today, and its impact on the genre can't be overstated.

19. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

One of the greatest superhero flicks of all time

[​IMG]

titansupes and Babillygunn like this.
  20. Dweet Registered

The best comic book movie.

21. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

22. titansupes Registered

Maaaan, all this love for TDK, the great TB trailer and Keaton's return... and here I am with a hankering for some Batman '66 right now.

23. MasterBoss Registered

I absolutely love TDK but the politics of that and TDKR.... are questionable if you start digging into it . More so as time goes on. I try not to think about too hard and just enjoy the movies as fun blockbusters, which is what they are.

I don't take cbm's that seriously lol.

24. Zarex Registered

After the brilliant origin film Batman Begins the setting was perfect for Nolan to go nuts with the sequel and introduce superpowers, aliens, the Batfamily, magic and what have you. I like my comic book movies awfully comicbooky, so the fact that we got a solid crime drama with one amazing performance and light comic book theming was a big disappointment. TDK, a comic book movie for folks that don't like comic book movies, lauded by the masses as not only the greatest comic book movie ever made but the greatest that will ever be until the heat death of the universe is an ongoing irritation for me.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  25. Mandon Knight We did it......

TDKR has aged rapidly, very quickly, even more so. Its 10 years old next year but has the feel of something harking back, much earlier. Appreciate times move very quickly these days but even so....