Do you miss people who miss you?

I'm going to assume you're talking about drugs, forgive me if you're not. That I can understand. I smoke pot, but don't do anything else, at least not anymore. A lot of the friends I've had have moved on to harder ****, and I just cut them out of my life. Every once in a while I'll get an "I miss you text" and I'll say it back because I don't want to hurt their feelings, but I won't chill with them. But if they ever ask why we don't hang out anymore I tell them the truth. Some get offended, but some take it to heart and change their lives.
LOL, I knew it was going to come out like that. But I'm actually talking about church. I used to be really involved in one, but after a while I didn't feel the same and had to leave. Some of my friends still try to reach out to me to come back, and even though I know they mean well, it's not where I want to be right now and I feel like I need some time to find myself again. They're my friends but right now I don't want to be around them because I know how it is to have a friend leave and try to convince them to come back.

I'd just let them know that you want to hang out with them, but not if that means them trying to get you to go back to the church. I don't see the big deal in that.

I have, but then insist I go there to see them. Only one of them came to see me and he kept trying to see if I would stop by on Sundays and stuff. I told him no so many times, but he still keeps trying, so i've been ignoring him for now.

Would this all be an issue if you could drive? :huh:

Eh, if he lives in the city I don't blame him for not wanting to drive. I've had my license for 8 years and I refuse to drive in NYC.

I drive into Brooklyn all the time and every once and a while into Manhattan. It's not really a big of a deal.

It's easier than taking the bus to Port Authority. I miss living near the train and living less than 10 minutes from it.

I'll drive to Hoboken and take the Path every time. I just think it's less frustrating.

I live in Central/Southern Jersey. To get to Brooklyn. I'd have to take a bus to Port Authority and then the Subway all the way to Brooklyn. That'll take 2 - 2 1/2 hours? As opposed to an hour if I just drive through Staten Island into Brooklyn.

Going into Manhattan, I use to take the train, now it's the bus. I hate taking the bus. :down

Would this all be an issue if you could drive? :huh:
It still would. I mean, I live in the Bronx and they all live in Queens, which isn't all that far by train. But I wasn't very happy there and a lot of the little things bothered me after a while, so I felt the best thing to do was just remove myself from there altogether. And it was very stressful at first because I was being given so many responsibilities that I never asked for, and I was expected to put them before anything else, so for a long time I felt like I wasn't being myself anymore, but rather who others wanted me to be. So I decided to leave before I ended up having a complete breakdown, and just the mention of going back, or even talking about it with them makes me feel all the stress all over again. It's really something I feel better off avoiding.

What was so bad in Queens? Were they using drugs, mugging people? :huh:

I suppose it depends on the type of people you hang with at work/friends/co-workers.

Whenever I'm on vacation leave for example and come back to work I'll get a co-worker saying they missed me but that's just the norm for all places.

If my hot co-worker took vacation leave then I'd certaintly miss seeing her T & A but I don't admit that to her face.

I didn't mean Queens itself, I meant the church, because that's where it was. the funny thing is right after I left, the building got closed down and they've been holding their services at a banquet hall. And now I heard a few months they started holding a second service at a church in Long Island, and everyone is expected to go to that one as well.

So are they trying to get you back to church? Or do they want to just see you and hang out? :huh:

So are they trying to get you back to church? Or do they want to just see you and hang out? :huh:
For the most part, they're trying to get me to come back. A lot of young kids come and go after a few weeks, but I was there for almost 3 years and I was solid during that time. But when I just left, people started wondering where I was, why I left, and when I was coming back.

But I know their game already because I used to do it myself while I was there. You start off with a call or a text of "Hey, we miss you. How's everything been?" and after you reply, the follow up is always "Oh, that's cool. So hey, are we going to see you this Sunday?" I remember making the same phone call to people that used to go there, and it would always be awkward before more often than not, I either wouldn't know the person that I was calling, or I would lie to them and say that we missed them and we really want to see them on Sunday. And I know I pushed a lot of people away by doing this, and while it hurt at the time, I now understand why they reacted that way.

Then you know what the deal is for the most part? It's one thing to be friends with someone and invite them to church/synagogue/mosque but it's another to badger them about it. I was never cool with people pushing faith on me. These people, and I could be off, don't sound like "friends" they just seem to sound like "recruiters".

Don't take this the wrong way, and I may be mistaken, but that sounds more like a cult than a church.

Then you know what the deal is for the most part? It's one thing to be friends with someone and invite them to church/synagogue/mosque but it's another to badger them about it. I was never cool with people pushing faith on me. These people, and I could be off, don't sound like "friends" they just seem to sound like "recruiters".

Yeah, what it sounds like is that they have had that thing drilled into their heads of 'It is your duty to do everything in your power to get the stray flock back into the church, it is your duty because that person will go to hell if they don't.'
I have been around a lot of church/cult people in my life, mainly my childhood, and it is like that.
A local priest used to bully my mum all the time about tyring to get the rest of her family to go to church, shouting at her and all that, he was a nut.
They could still still be his friends and like him etc, but just be really indoctrined into that way of acting.

Well that's part of the reason why I've tried to avoid them as much as I could, because I know that they are really passionate about church/God, and they feel compelled to "help" others by encouraging them to come by. When my friend came to visit me a while ago, he told me some of the guys did miss me and stuff, but it was hard because a lot of the guys I used to hang out with either got married or moved farther away and I sorta lost touch with them. I mean we really were like family when i was there, but right now I just don't feel the same way anymore because a lot of things changed, and the people who I was left with were mostly the girls who sorta formed their own little clique, and I always felt like I was just tagging alone because I had no one else to hang out with, and now they're mostly the ones who still call and try to get me to come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"