The Wolverine Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Of course, I'm not accusing their taste, but it does explain certain movies we're getting.

No I'm sure you weren't, all films are subjective, opinions no two are the same.

But yeah films with slow-mo explosions in make for good trailers and are easy to attract the GA to even if the film itself has nothing going for it, doesn't matter as long as you have bought a ticket, marketing have done the job.

I didn't realise it was such a long wait until Thor 2 however.

The Wolverine was boring, but still a million times better than Origins and Last Stand. I think it's a step in the right direction though.

I hate films with lots of explosions.

The Wolverine was boring, but still a million times better than Origins and Last Stand. I think it's a step in the right direction though.

I hate films with lots of explosions.

That's the spirit:up:

The moment I saw Pacific Rim tracking behind Grown Ups 2, I knew there's something wrong with the GA. Granted, PR isn't a perfect film or even a great one. It's a really good, fun film that is a spectacle to see in IMAX 3D. Grown Ups, however, is a turd covered in turd and should not exist. The Honest Trailer for part one said it best. And to think I had people around me telling me how amazing it was. I guess fart jokes can go a long way.

I really want to see The Wolverine again and to be devoid of my dad, whom I love, but who likes to ask questions about a movie that you know can be answered if you actually watch the movie. There was also someone in the row behind me that laughed incessantly at everything, even the unfunny parts. That can go a long way towards ruining a film.

Still, MOS is in the discount theaters and I really want to catch a third viewing before the long wait until Bluray and I can't get out to the movies as much as I used to.

The moment I saw Pacific Rim tracking behind Grown Ups 2, I knew there's something wrong with the GA. Granted, PR isn't a perfect film or even a great one. It's a really good, fun film that is a spectacle to see in IMAX 3D. Grown Ups, however, is a turd covered in turd and should not exist. The Honest Trailer for part one said it best. And to think I had people around me telling me how amazing it was. I guess fart jokes can go a long way.

I really want to see The Wolverine again and to be devoid of my dad, whom I love, but who likes to ask questions about a movie that you know can be answered if you actually watch the movie. There was also someone in the row behind me that laughed incessantly at everything, even the unfunny parts. That can go a long way towards ruining a film.

Still, MOS is in the discount theaters and I really want to catch a third viewing before the long wait until Bluray and I can't get out to the movies as much as I used to.

Yeah if your stuck in a cinema with idiots it really can effect your experience of a film.

I know SM3 is not a popular film and not really one I like but the crowd I saw it with really didnt help and put me off it without it needing to be a bit rubbish.

While I have mostly good thoughts about most of this film (I love its deliberate pace allowing characterization to breath), and find it far superior to the borderline inept Man of Steel, I still find Iron man 3 a superior film. Iron Man 3 was concerned just as much about its titular hero as this film without incurring a jarring tonal shift in the third act. And while Killian was a not-so-great villain, he was more tolerable than snake woman and Robot Samurai. Both films have wicked, wicked action scenes though. My heart was thoroughly racing in the bullet train, mansion attack, barrel in the monkey scenes. Both films paced their action with the appropriate amount of tension and thrills, unlike the tedium of a structureless destruction as was MOS.

Last edited:
So far this is tied with IM3 as best superhero film of the year. MOS was awesome too though. Just didnt move me like this film or iron man. Still waitin to see thor though!

New Thor trailer looked pretty good, I'll give it that.

Hmmm I disagree with that. I think it might be a good movie, but I'm not impressed with the trailers I saw (w/c is quite surprising since Thor is my favorite phase 1 movie) and I don't like that last scene in the trailer where Thor smashed the big monster, it looked like bad visual effects.

That was awesome.
New Thor trailer looked pretty good, I'll give it that.

Thor looks really good. I thought that trailer was sick, plus I didn't feel like I saw the whole flick. Feel like Im walking into that one not knowing much about the actual plot. Which is a good thing for once.

That was awesome.

Thor looks really good. I thought that trailer was sick, plus I didn't feel like I saw the whole flick. Feel like Im walking into that one not knowing much about the actual plot. Which is a good thing for once.

Haha well it doesn't come out till November so there might be several more trailers yet for it, so you may well end up knowing it by release!!:woot:

Of the 3 super-heroes movies I have seen so far this year I have really enjoyed all 3, at the moment I would put The Wolverine as the least of them but to counter that it is also the only one I havent seen more than once, and I usually dont have a definitive rating on a movie until I see it twice at least.

I didnt see G.I Joe 2 but overall so far this year has been really good for CBM movies, and with Kick-Ass 2 and Thor 2 still to come.

Worse than Die Hard 5?

I actually enjoyed the first G.I Joe movie as dumb fun, I do want to see the sequel to see if the same happens.

G.I Joe 2 was bad...but it wasn't THAT bad.It has a TV movie feel to it and the story was kind of dumb,but it was fast paced, got a couple of great action scenes( Snake eyes vs ninja!)...and The Rock!

G.I. Joe 2 is easily the worst film that I saw this year.

Surprisingly, I actually agree with you. Couldn't believe I liked the first one more. That and Elysium are on my worst list. Really wanted to like both.

Haha well it doesn't come out till November so there might be several more trailers yet for it, so you may well end up knowing it by release!!:woot:
True.

The spoilers I can't stay away from are the stingers. I need to know those haha.

Last edited:
The trailer of Thor:The dark world looks good.It certinly looks better than any
preview of Iron Man 3.

Untill Iron Man 3 I though thor was weakest MS film and even then that was
because of earth scenes.I liked the asgard parts of thor.

My only concerns on thor are 1:Bringing back the unnessary comic relief character of Darcy and 2;Concernes they are going to have a redemption arc for Loki(although less concerned about that after latest trailer)

I put G.I. Joe 2 In same feelings I had for Iron Man 3,Star Trek Into Darkness,and Man of steel.The first G.I. Joe was better.I liked that.However both g>I. Joe films are masterpieces compared to Michael Bay's transformers
films.I didn't like them dumping most of G.I. Joe cast.

The GA seems fed up of superhero movies no wonder one of my friend even said their is no Variety as all films has same Quality ,Action , CGI ,And looks unreal to digest .

The GA seems fed up of superhero movies no wonder one of my friend even said their is no Variety as all films has same Quality ,Action , CGI ,And looks unreal to digest .
Really, you think the GA are fed up with Superhero movies? Look at what movies flopped this year, and which ones made money.

Seems to me they are fed up with Big Budget blockbusters showing up every week. Theres no break. That does not single out superhero flicks in any way. Superhero flicks are the ones making cash and still in demand. No one is forcing them to see IM3, MOS or The Wolverine. Most audiences seemed to enjoy all three of those.

Last edited:
LOL...IM3 made more than one Billion dollars in profits...MOS made more than 650 million dollars so far,and TW looks to match Pacific rim profit, for less money too!

Yeah...GA sure is getting tired of 'dem sooperheroes films...

:oldrazz:

LOL...IM3 made more than one Billion dollars in profits...MOS made more than 650 million dollars so far,and TW looks to match Pacific rim profit, for less money too!

Yeah...GA sure is getting tired of 'dem sooperheroes films...

:oldrazz:

Hahaha Exactly! And with DOFP, Avengers 2 and Batman Vs Superman on the horizon things will not be quieting down anytime soon. All the studios are going full throttle.

I do wish there weren't quite as many movies being released though. Nothing has any chance to breathe. And studios are clearly cutting back on the marketing, you don't see many trailers on TV these days. Remember the days when there were trailers all the time, usually narrated by that man with the funny gruff voice.

I do wish there weren't quite as many movies being released though. Nothing has any chance to breathe. And studios are clearly cutting back on the marketing, you don't see many trailers on TV these days. Remember the days when there were trailers all the time, usually narrated by that man with the funny gruff voice.

The trouble is all the dross films being released like RIPD, Grown Ups 2 and Die Hard that still make money off the name in some cases that just get in the way. But then if they make money companies will continue to churn them out.

I think we would have all survived this year if those three had never been released though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"