The Wolverine Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

The Wolverine was flawed but overall very solid. It's definitely my favorite CBM of the summer.

IM3 was a disappointment to me with the twist, but I still enjoyed it and appreciated that Black and Marvel were willing to try something like that. It didn't work for me, but that kind of willingness could pay huge dividends in the future.

MOS was an epic mess. It was a film for gamer drones with all that weightless destruction. Zod came across as a loud mouth jabroni right from the start.

Less than a week to find out the answer to this now, should be interesting.

I tell you the tv spots for thor have decreased my willingness to go see it.Seeing the comic relief character of Darcy front of center in TV spots with her unnecssary humor reminded me how much i disliked her in first thor.Meanwhile the X-Men films have had lighter moments
but never characters thrown in just for comic relief.Even the lighter moments at begining of captain america 2 trailer between cap and BW are nowhere near as bad as anything involving Darcy.I view Darcy as jar jar binks of MCU.

The wolverine Is argirlby best comic book film of summer.soon we will see if it s best one of the year.

I'm looking forward to Thor 2. Looks like a lot of fun. If I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed The Wolverine and Iron Man 3, I'll be perfectly happy.

Seems silly to hope its "not as good". What's the point of that?

Hopefully Thor 2 is not better than The Wolverine.

I always hope for the best for all comic related movies....why do you wish bad on any of them? That sounds kinda petty to me.

If anyone in 2007 told me a Thor movie would have done better than a Wolverine movie,I would have been laughing.

Yup. Or even that Ironman would do better than Wolverine, or an Avengers movie would do better than X-Men, yet here we are.

It's an interesting time to be a fan.

For me Iron Man 3 is winning up until now

I always hope for the best for all comic related movies....why do you wish bad on any of them? That sounds kinda petty to me.

Agreed. i HATE when people post wishes for flops or being trash about DOFP, ASM2 and F4 Reborn.... Every single time there's a news article :o :cmad:

Agreed. i HATE when people post wishes for flops or being trash about DOFP, ASM2 and F4 Reborn.... Every single time there's a news article :o :cmad:

Agreed, I want success for EVERY comic book movie, providing they are good, I hope the bad ones get what they deserve though. But I want all CBM's to be good and if they are to be successful as well, it only helps the genre after all.

Petty or not. I'm a X-Men fan first before a CBM fan. And of course I always want the X-Men films to be the best compare to the other CB films out there.

I'm just hoping that Thor 2 wouldn't be as good as The Wolverine or better than The Wolverine. You made it sound like I'm hoping that movie to turn out as a bad movie. Thats not the case at all, I'm hoping that it will be a good movie BUT not better than The Wolverine.

And for the X-Men fans here, I'm pretty sure they want DOFP to be the best CBM of 2014. Its the same thing here with The Wolverine this year.

Last edited:
I've seen Thor 2 last night and the trailer of DOFP/Captain America 2 weren't attached!

Here's my ranking for CBMs of 2014:
The Wolverine
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Man of Steel

Right now it is last on my list, but I haven't seen Thor yet.

I don't think it's the best superhero movie this year NOW, and I have not seen Thor:TDW yet, but it doesn't matter.

It was enjoyable enough. I hated something about it, but I enjoyed it enough and will get the blu ray.

1. The Wolverine
2. Man of Steel
3. Thor The Dark world
4. Regular Man 3

haven't seen Kick Ass 2 yet.

As you can see in my sig, The Wolverine won this year for me, pretty easily.

Saw Thor a couple of days ago, and my order would be:

Iron Man 3
The Wolverine
Kick Ass 2
Thor: The Dark World
Man Of Steel

The Wolverine 8.5/10
Iron Man 3 8.5/10
Thor TDW 7.5/10
Man of Steel 7/10
Kick-Ass 2 6/10

The Wolverine might have been the best of all-time for me if it maintained the tone and atmosphere of the 1st 2 acts. Only TDK and Avengers are above this IMO.

Well Thor 2 was good but The Wolverine and MOS were better, MOS is still my favourite of the year so far but I still think TW will be the one that stands up to repeat viewings the most. So it may well end up being the best of 2013 for me in the end.

Man of Steel - 7.5
Thor TDW - 6.5
Iron Man 3 - 6.5
Wolverine - 6

Thor 2 - 8/10
The Wolverine - 8/10
Man of Steel - 7/10
Iron Man 3 - 4/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics