The Wolverine Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Quite honestly the wolverine was only 2013 comic book film i liked.

I hate iron man 3 with a passion.it's right up with Spider-man 3 and X-Men the last stand as among my hated comic book films.

Thor the dark world is very medicare.at least it though has decent scenes when it's not set on earth.both thor films redemming qualitys are the scenes in asgard are good.it's when they go to earth that it brings it down to medicare.

I was meh on man of steel but that at least is somewhat watchable.more than i can say for Iron Man 3.

Still think this is incredibly under rated. The R rated version especially is a very good movie.

Compare (and rate out of 10) Logan, The Wolverine and X-Men Origins : Wolverine.

I recently re-watched TW after having seen Logan (which quite impressed me), because I wanted to compare the two Mangold films. I always thought TW was underrated, and even more so on re-watching it.
Although very different in tone, Logan and TW had some similar themes, such as Logan's loss of healing factor. Also Logan can remember more of his past in the Mangold films than in others. In both films, Logan is exposed to the psychological benefits of domestic life -- it's brief in TW but while Mariko and Logan are hiding out in her family home near Nagasaki, he plays the daddy chopping up the tree and she plays the mommy serving tea to the neighbors.

We first really see Mariko attracted to Logan as he's lying on the operating table of the veterinarian...I was wondering if that might be a reference to Jean Grey in X1 basically doing the same? His vulnerability brought out her nurturing instincts.

Unfortunately the third-act fight scenes in both movies are kinda meh, but the rich characterization of the first two acts left me satisfied with my movie experiences.

I think The Wolverine is one of the worst comic adaptations out there. It also made appreciate Origins much more. I thought there was no way This movie could be worse and man was I wrong.
The action was great though.

Re-watched this after getting Logan on BD. Still the most under rated X-Men movie for me. The R rated version is a really good movie. Shame Mangold couldn't do another Wolverine movie before Hugh stopped.

Just rewatched this after way too long. Watched the extended cut for the first time.
This movie is seceeely underrated. I think it’s one of the best films in the series. Logan is technically the better film, but I think I prefer TW.
The last act is a little odd, but still enjoyable.

As a big Jean Grey fan, I’m happy they included her in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"