The Wolverine Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Yup! Zack Snyder has yet to deliver an amazing film. James Mangold has a better track record.

Um, who cares?

Opinions...we all have 'em. So let's try to respect them, please.

I only commented on his post because I thought his post was directed to Man of Steel. I wasn't disagreeing with him. I just found it odd that he would say something like that when he's using a picture of Henry Cavill in his avatar.

The script of MOS wasn't written by Snyder though. It was written by Goyer followed by a polish from Nolan.

Goyer was also the writer of the Blade trilogy, Jumper and he was credited for the story of Ghost Rider 2. Besides the Dark Knight Trilogy, his track record is not that impressive.

I only commented on his post because I thought his post was directed to Man of Steel. I wasn't disagreeing with him. I just found it odd that he would say something like that when he's using a picture of Henry Cavill in his avatar.

Her post was directed at The Wolverine. The fact that she has a Cavill avatar would indicate she's pretty much looking forward to Man of Steel (as am I).

And for the record, I don't like the direction this thread seems to be heading in.

We have at least 3 big superhero movies coming out this summer. Everybody's entitled to enjoy one over the other, or like or dislike all of them.

There is no scientific evidence that proves one is better than the other. And no, RT scores do not count.

Let's avoid the type of Avengers vs. Dark Knight silliness we endured last year, and not pit these movies or their fans against each other.

Because if that's where this thread goes, it's gonna close fast.

Goyer was also the writer of the Blade trilogy, Jumper and he was credited for the story of Ghost Rider 2. Besides the Dark Knight Trilogy, his track record is not that impressive.

Nolan was apparently so impressed by it that he brought the idea to WB in the first place. He was also assigned with the task of reading over Goyer's script and polishing up + providing feedback.

Yup! Zack Snyder has yet to deliver an amazing film. James Mangold has a better track record.

Apparently you haven't seen Dawn of the Dead :)

Seriously though, Watchman was pretty impressive.

I want The Wolverine to be better than Man of Steel as a hardcore X-fan, but I can't help but get more giddy when I see footage for Man of Steel. I think it has to do with X-men Origins: Wolverine. I was really looking forward to that and was simply disappointed by it.

Here's the thing I don't know anyone who is personally excited about Wolverine...not one. Man of Steel on the other hand, lots of people are talking about it that equals buzz. I can't say what critics will like more but as far the average viewer I'm guessing more people are interested in seeing a new take on Superman than more Wolverine.

I want The Wolverine to be better than Man of Steel as a hardcore X-fan, but I can't help but get more giddy when I see footage for Man of Steel. I think it has to do with X-men Origins: Wolverine. I was really looking forward to that and was simply disappointed by it.

going by that logic, I would never watch another Superman movie because of, Superman, returns. I watch each movie on an individual basis, especially if it is directed by someone else. I can't wait for Superman, because it is SUPERMAN, man, I can't wait for the wolverine because it is Wolverine; and he is my favorite character, I look forward to all the SuperHero movies and pray that they all do well, why? Because I want more movies made, and if they suck, Superhero movie stop being made, it is that simple. I don't get the importance of which one does better, I want the all to succeed. don't all of you?

The trailers already make me like the wolverine over Iron Man 3.I dislike that
flm like some do Superman returns.So next time someone bashes me for liking Superman returns If you liked Iron Man 3 remember that.

As for Man of steel after hearing a lot of details on film I am sure the original
Richard Donner film will remain best Superman film.They spent more time from what I heard on making It realistic:doh: and reimaging Superman than doing
a real superman story.You think you can do better than Donnor did fine do
Superman film true to superman but reimaging and making realistic:doh:
Isn't bing true to Superman
And Superman killing Zod Isn't only thing I am talking about just like Iron Man 3 has much more problems besides the PC butching of the Mandarian

X-Men Is my favorate comic book but that didn't make me blind to last Stand and Origins.

Here's the thing I don't know anyone who is personally excited about Wolverine...not one. Man of Steel on the other hand, lots of people are talking about it that equals buzz. I can't say what critics will like more but as far the average viewer I'm guessing more people are interested in seeing a new take on Superman than more Wolverine.

That is probably accurate. It certainly reflects my own experiences - people in my office (a media company) have mentioned Man of Steel and watched the trailer but not Wolverine. In fact, one of the feature writers didn't even know there was another Wolverine movie coming out.

FYI, I have seen Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen and Sucker Punch. The only film that he directed that I haven't seen yet is the animated film about owls.

It might be still too early, but from the looks of it what might have been highly improbable is now poised to become an inexplicable reality. :wow:

With the negative/mixed reactions towards MoS, The Wolverine might be the surprise hit of the summer :) .. critically at least.

The script of MOS wasn't written by Snyder though. It was written by Goyer followed by a polish from Nolan.

Nolan didn't polish the MoS script. Even if he wanted to, he was right in the middle of making TDKR.

Pre-release buzz doesn't impact the quality of the film. TW is the underdog sure, but the way things are going it could surprise.

It might be still too early, but from the looks of it what might have been highly improbable is now poised to become an inexplicable reality. :wow:

With the negative/mixed reactions towards MoS, The Wolverine might be the surprise hit of the summer :) .. critically at least.

I hope so!!! :D

Guys, this is not going to turn into a Man of Steel bashing thread.

I already warned about this once. If it continues, this thread is finished.

Not yet, but making a deal out of the RT score is a bit premature when we haven't seen any Wolverine reviews yet.

Oh, no doubt that there's every chance that Wolverine may yet drop the ball come July, or even Man of Steel pulling a STiD and making a rebound. All we're saying is that Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel underperforming as they did critically has left what initially seemed like an open and shut door now wide open for a (theoretically) well-received (or at the very least, relative to Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel) Wolverine to pull an improbable upset.

Oh, no doubt that there's every chance that Wolverine may yet drop the ball come July, or even Man of Steel pulling a STiD and making a rebound. All we're saying is that Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel underperforming as they did critically has left what initially seemed like an open and shut door now wide open for a (theoretically) well-received (or at the very least, relative to Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel) Wolverine to pull an improbable upset.

I will be very impressed if The Wolverine Matches IM3's 78% critic approval. Thats a high rating. Even 60% would be quite an improvement from Origins 38%.

If The Wolverine will be as good as the other "good" X-Men movies. I think it can definitely get a 80% to 88% percent rating. And if it gets higher than that, this could be the best X-Men film to date!

The newest trailer gave me new hope. I feel like the more I see from the film and the story, I feel like it has the potential to be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"