Arrow Do you think we will ever get Ted Kord/Blue Beetle?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I had read he was embargoed from appearing. Yet, they are constantly name dropping his company. Also, since they let Supes appear and have mentioned Bruce Wayne. It would be nice to have him appear.

Yes, I do know they wanted to use him and were not allowed. That is why we got Billionaire tech Ray Palmer instead of professor Ray Palmer.

I'm pretty sure Blue Beetle is still embargoed, which is a pity. Or not a pity, if you figure he'd probably be standing in for Ray now ( ie, he'd be a total goofball who can't do anything right ever ).

Last I heard Berlanti was working on a big screen Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie.

"Warner Bros. is now developing a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle team-up film, described as “a superhero buddy cop movie.” Greg Berlanti, who has previously worked on a number of DC TV series — including Supergirl, The Flash, and Arrow — will both direct and executive produce the project. In addition, a later report from Heroic Hollywood claims that Zak Penn — screenwriter for films like X-Men: The Last Stand and The Incredible Hulk — is being courted to write the screenplay."

https://screenrant.com/booster-gold-blue-beetle-movie-warner-bros/

Edit: Managed to find this IMDb entry for a Berlanti Booster Gold movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5716028/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Last edited:
Last I heard Berlanti was working on a big screen Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie.

Edit: Managed to find this IMDb entry for a Berlanti Booster Gold movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5716028/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

From what I heard a lot of Berlanti's Booster Gold/Blue Beetle script wound up being re-worked into Legends of Tomorrow (it supposedly featured Booster going back in time and recruiting Ted Kord the same way Rip does with the Legends).

I'd say at this point, anything is possible. I never thought we'd see Superman on Supergirl in a million years so I think there's a solid chance we'll get to see Ted Kord sooner or later

I think we should see Ted Kord eventually especially since they keep bringing up his company. Booster should really be on Legends.

I doubt it. A Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie is still allegedly in the works.

Yeah it's weird that they can mention names but they can't use the superhero!

I want Dan Garret before Ted Kord. He always seems so neglected.

Yeah it's weird that they can mention names but they can't use the superhero!

If you see the character it sort of dilutes the brand with multiple versions of the character running around. Saying the name just brings more attention to the character. It's sort of like saying the name of a product like Cheetos or Dr. Pepper,
a way of advertising them. They are lucky they get to use Flash and Superman on TV. When the Suicide Squad movie was getting made they pulled all the Suicide Squad characters off TV.

It makes no sense that TheWB doesnt want Blue Beetle to succeed. They have him embargoed but for no reason. They havent done anything with him.

If you see the character it sort of dilutes the brand with multiple versions of the character running around.

But, there ARE multiple versions of the character. Like there physically are. Either through the multiverse, time travel, or the whole New 52, Crisis, Pre-Crisis, Flashpoint, Pre-Flashpoint, etc. thing. I am not complaining, I love this, but with this existing (in Marvel...DC....comics) claiming that multiple versions of a character dilutes the brand is kind of a hollow argument.

:hmr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"